We're playing basketball! The Official NBA thread.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Kristaps Porzingis is already one of the best stretch forwards in the game, and he's not even old enough to legally drink yet. I knew this kid would be good, but this good, this soon? That's shocking to me.

Will the Warriors lose a game? Will the Sixers win a game? We'll see. I'm putting my money on the latter team not winning a single game. They're absolutely atrocious, Okafor looks like a punk in the making, and he's the only guy really worth a damn other than Nerlens Noel, who probably can't wait to get the hell out of dodge.

Also, looking at the Lakers, I don't understand how your coach can be so utterly blind. Byron Scott has a team of younger players, right? Jordan Clarkson, D'Angelo Russell, and Julius Randle should be enough to form a core, right? I don't understand why this guy goes on to praise Kobe when Kobe even admits that he's shooting horribly, while throwing all of his younger players under the bus and stunting their development. What kills me more is that management hasn't fired this clown already. I'm not even a Lakers fan, and I can see that this guy is killing your team. Maybe they're tanking so that they can have their first round pick next year?

fearsomefour

Legend
I think Kobe is an example of a player having too much sway in an organization. It is King Kobe and then the coach. Too bad. The Lakers have a core of some young scorers but their D is non existent and they need a big man and some D....some D at all.
Long season.
But, as a Lakers fan, I can't complain. That is like a Yankees fan complaining.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I think Kobe is an example of a player having too much sway in an organization. It is King Kobe and then the coach. Too bad. The Lakers have a core of some young scorers but their D is non existent and they need a big man and some D....some D at all.
Long season.
But, as a Lakers fan, I can't complain. That is like a Yankees fan complaining.

When he essentially forced Shaq out of LA he lost me as a fan for good. That was selfish and he did it so he could make more money......

fearsomefour

Legend
When he essentially forced Shaq out of LA he lost me as a fan for good. That was selfish and he did it so he could make more money......
Yeah, hard to say what the behind the scenes dealings were there. One thing for sure, both those guys have huge egos. Kobe is an all-time great Laker. Time to go though. As we saw/are seeing with Warner and Peyton, sometimes better to a leave a year early than stay a year later.

TXRams86

The Infamous
I'm a huge Dallas Mavericks fan.
Hoping we do some things this year but our roster is basically made out of cast-off's and big-money underachieving players.
Short of the great Dirk Nowitzki, I don't have faith in this roster.

Golden State and Steph Curry, now that's a damn good team. Undefeated so far, tough to do 20 games in.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Magic Fan here...

I'm so happy about Scott Skiles coming back "Home" and coaching us. He was one of my favorites when he played here. He is one Tough SOB... scared of nothing... he got in a fight with Shaq during a practice if that gives you an idea.

He's coaching the team now with the same intensity. We need a superstar or 2 still, but coaching is no longer a need for our young team.

We are currently on a 5 game winning streak!

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Magic Fan here...

I'm so happy about Scott Skiles coming back "Home" and coaching us. He was one of my favorites when he played here. He is one Tough SOB... scared of nothing... he got in a fight with Shaq during a practice if that gives you an idea.

He's coaching the team now with the same intensity. We need a superstar or 2 still, but coaching is no longer a need for our young team.

Your Magic are in good shape, though. Oladipo, Hezonja, Payton, Vucevic, Gordon, and Harris are all good pieces to build around. Like you said, you just need a stud, but you're in really good shape for the future, and your key pieces are all going to hit their prime pretty soon.

I'm a huge Dallas Mavericks fan.
Hoping we do some things this year but our roster is basically made out of cast-off's and big-money underachieving players.
Short of the great Dirk Nowitzki, I don't have faith in this roster.

Golden State and Steph Curry, now that's a damn good team. Undefeated so far, tough to do 20 games in.

Well, you have Dirk, but yeah, the Mavericks really need to start with a complete rebuild. They're not going to compete in the West with what they have.

Name
Troy
Magic Fan here...

4-month bump, but whatever!

Did you watch the "This Magic Moment" 30 for 30 on ESPN last week? It was pretty good!

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
4-month bump, but whatever!

Did you watch the "This Magic Moment" 30 for 30 on ESPN last week? It was pretty good!

Hell yeah, it was a great production. I lived through all of that and the show was very accurate. What a blast of ups and downs it was.

I was much more involved with the Magic and basketball in general back in those days. I sure miss those times for the team.

Ole Shaq still lives here. My twin sons see him all the time at the YMCA and on the Butler chain of lakes. They talk major shit to each other every time too lol.

Hopefully our ping pong ball will be magic again this year. We've been suffering a LONG time here lately. I do love me some Scott Skiles though... he was one of my favorite Magic players... it's great having him back as a coach.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
I have a bad feeling that the ghost of David Stern will rise from the grave to rob the Lakers of their 2nd pick

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
Dragan Bender is from Bosnia like me so id like to see him on the Lakers but I hope they go with Brandon Ingram, never know with how the European guys transfer into the NBA.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Dragan Bender is from Bosnia like me so id like to see him on the Lakers but I hope they go with Brandon Ingram, never know with how the European guys transfer into the NBA.

Yeah there is zero chance of getting Bender. I do like Ingram with all that scoring and length - Russell, Ingram, Randle, Clarkson, Nance, Brown - nice group of young guys for Walton

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah there is zero chance of getting Bender. I do like Ingram with all that scoring and length - Russell, Ingram, Randle, Clarkson, Nance, Brown - nice group of young guys for Walton

While we never know who will be best until they play a couple of seasons at least - I was worried that the Lakers would try to show they were the smartest guys in the room, and either pick somebody else or trade the pick rather than take the consensus best pick available - who has a good chance of being better than Simmons.

A nice draft, not choking the #2 pick and that center they got at #32 Zubac looks like a good prospect. A few health concerns, but a legit traditional center already big enough to hold the middle with just a little training.