Wentz visiting Rams / Goff visiting 9ers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JerseyRam1

Rookie
Find it telling that the first day camp opens, Wentz is in to spend "The next couple of days". Could the Rams let him run some plays with the current team? Rams could also sign him now, right?

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack

View: https://twitter.com/chrisbiderman/status/722123543790493696

View: https://twitter.com/rand_getlin/status/722119445754195968

Someone else brought this up ... Can't remember who - if you knew who you were taking - would you let him go visit and work out for other teams and risk injury?

To be fair though, I don't think teams control the players. They can visit where they want I would assume. Unless the Rams came out and said Goff is ours, pretty sure he's free to visit wherever. The Rams may be laying a smoke screen too that they prefer Wentz. And if Cleveland wants him, well you best pony up cuz he's in LA for a visit.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Interesting.
Goff will be the last of the two to visit, closer to the draft....

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
To be fair though, I don't think teams control the players. They can visit where they want I would assume. Unless the Rams came out and said Goff is ours, pretty sure he's free to visit wherever. The Rams may be laying a smoke screen too that they prefer Wentz. And if Cleveland wants him, well you best pony up cuz he's in LA for a visit.

I guess it comes down to priorities.

Is there enough of a chance that we are going to swap down to #2 for all the subterfuge? Myself, I think there is no way Cleveland offers up anything worth while for #1.

And yeah - the Rams can't stop anyone from other visits - but telling a guy they are the pick would stop it naturally.

Can you imagine Goff tearing an ACL working out for the 9ers?!?

dolphinlover123

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wasn't it announced yesterday that both have scheduled visits to the Rams? So Wentz meeting with the Rams is not really a new development. I'm going to guess that Goff will visit the Rams again as well at some point before the draft.

For what it is worth, Mike Silver still standing by his pick (Goff to Rams). According to his twitter, Goff did indeed cancel some workouts. But I don't see why Goff would have to cancel the workouts with other teams as long as he hasn't signed any papers with the Rams. It's rational for him to be open to other opportunities in case others don't work out.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
For what it is worth, Mike Silver still standing by his pick (Goff to Rams).

Ok, time to wow you with my detective skills.

We heard earlier from a poster that he talked to Trey Wingo. Wingo said that Fisher and Snead are split on who they want.

We also hear from Silver that Goff is the pick.

Silver is a friend of Fisher and that's the reason he gets to sit in the Rams War room for drafts.

Using my power of deduction, it's safe to say that Fisher is the one who wants Goff.

Take this with a grain of salt, btw.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I think Fisher leaked Goff to his peeps and Sneed leaked Wentz to his peeps. Neither leak means anything because both were intentionally leaked - and thus - smoke.

Albright says his source w/in Rams says Wentz. That one - for some reason - I trust. Why? Cause I think his source is in the Kroenke family- this is based only on the Denver thing and purely just a guess. But he has been right a lot on Rams scoops the last few years.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Wasn't it announced yesterday that both have scheduled visits to the Rams? So Wentz meeting with the Rams is not really a new development. I'm going to guess that Goff will visit the Rams again as well at some point before the draft.

For what it is worth, Mike Silver still standing by his pick (Goff to Rams). According to his twitter, Goff did indeed cancel some workouts. But I don't see why Goff would have to cancel the workouts with other teams as long as he hasn't signed any papers with the Rams. It's rational for him to be open to other opportunities in case others don't work out.

As you mentioned:

View: https://twitter.com/mikesilver/status/722136526499422211

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ok, time to wow you with my detective skills.

We heard earlier from a poster that he talked to Trey Wingo. Wingo said that Fisher and Snead are split on who they want.

We also hear from Silver that Goff is the pick.

Silver is a friend of Fisher and that's the reason he gets to sit in the Rams War room for drafts.

Using my power of deduction, it's safe to say that Fisher is the one who wants Goff.

Take this with a grain of salt, btw.
Since Silver is a friend of Fishers, couldn't it also be possible that Silver would help out his buddy with a little misdirection?

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Since Silver is a friend of Fishers, couldn't it also be possible that Silver would help out his buddy with a little misdirection?

Sure. But why misdirect if you didn't know who you were taking in the first place?

Just throw a name out there? Or, why misdirect when you have the first pick in the draft? I don't see any real value to it unless you just want to fuck with your opponents.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Find it telling that the first day camp opens, Wentz is in to spend "The next couple of days". Could the Rams let him run some plays with the current team? Rams could also sign him now, right?

That is very interesting timing.... could just be a smoke screen though trying to convince the browns they need to give us there 2nd rounder to move up to 1:yess:

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
I guess it comes down to priorities.

Is there enough of a chance that we are going to swap down to #2 for all the subterfuge? Myself, I think there is no way Cleveland offers up anything worth while for #1.

And yeah - the Rams can't stop anyone from other visits - but telling a guy they are the pick would stop it naturally.

Can you imagine Goff tearing an ACL working out for the 9ers?!?

I agree with you. And I would lose my shit if that happened, because I want Goff. But if they told Goff he was the guy, and he leaked it, could ruin the Rams strategy..if they have one.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Interesting that Silver is just doubling and tripling down on this. His relationship with Fisher is well established. He'd have some egg on his face if they go in a different way... unless... he get's an exclusive that the Rams made a "last minute" change of mind. Would make for a nice "story" and more copy for him and his site...

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Interesting that Silver is just doubling and tripling down on this. His relationship with Fisher is well established. He'd have some egg on his face if they go in a different way... unless... he get's an exclusive that the Rams made a "last minute" change of mind. Would make for a nice "story" and more copy for him and his site...

His reputation is done if he's wrong.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

View: https://twitter.com/chrisbiderman/status/722123543790493696

View: https://twitter.com/rand_getlin/status/722119445754195968

Someone else brought this up ... Can't remember who - if you knew who you were taking - would you let him go visit and work out for other teams and risk injury?

" Just a thought!!" But wouldn't it be a 'Hoot!' If the rams take Wentz and the 49ers get Goff, and then we meet in the week#1 opener in San Francisco!! What a T.V. Draw that would be!!
Again, just a thought! NOT that I want it!!:fuelfire::D