Week 1 pick and NFL Network

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fearsomefour

Legend
What the F happened to NFL Network. I knew it was a bad sign when a chick showed up on the network. Not to be a jerk, but, when Jugs show up, serious reporting goes down the tubes, doesnt matter if it the real news or the NFL.
This morning, segments on which QB is under more pressure, the rookie starter for the Jets or the rookie starter for the Bills. Two rookie QBs who are going to have struggles on bad teams....who cares? Must be two New York teams.
Then the breakdown of a picture of TO and Bieber together followed by the very necessary segments about tweets....this is the kind of stuff I want to hear about opening weekend. I guess ever getting any real Xs and Ox breakdown is doubtful. When a network decides it needs to appeal to "average fans" that is a key word for idiots. Its too bad, the NFL Network could have been great. Are cooking segments far off? Probably not.

Week one I like the Bengals -3 in Chicago. New coach in Chicago and I think the Bengals are undervalued.
Using that model, finding an undervalued team and riding them, worked well for me this year in baseball with the Royals.
Not sure who that team is in the MFL this year, but, starting out week one with the Bengals.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
fearsomefour said:
What the F happened to NFL Network. I knew it was a bad sign when a chick showed up on the network. Not to be a jerk, but, when Jugs show up, serious reporting goes down the tubes, doesnt matter if it the real news or the NFL.
This morning, segments on which QB is under more pressure, the rookie starter for the Jets or the rookie starter for the Bills. Two rookie QBs who are going to have struggles on bad teams....who cares? Must be two New York teams.
Then the breakdown of a picture of TO and Bieber together followed by the very necessary segments about tweets....this is the kind of stuff I want to hear about opening weekend. I guess ever getting any real Xs and Ox breakdown is doubtful. When a network decides it needs to appeal to "average fans" that is a key word for idiots. Its too bad, the NFL Network could have been great. Are cooking segments far off? Probably not.

Week one I like the Bengals -3 in Chicago. New coach in Chicago and I think the Bengals are undervalued.
Using that model, finding an undervalued team and riding them, worked well for me this year in baseball with the Royals.
Not sure who that team is in the MFL this year, but, starting out week one with the Bengals.

Couldn't agree more about the NFLN, what a joke! And, they have already had cooking segments, and dancing segments, etc.

Agree on the Bengals being under valued this week as well.

stewymark

Not sure if I agree on female reporting, But I do think the NFL Network is a 6 or 7 team pony. They just go over the same ol stuff all day about the Jets, Broncos, Patriots, 49ers, Seahawks, and Dolphins. Whatever you see in the morning, you'll see the same thing at night. I never even watch it anymore.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Jugs?
th

iced

lol NFLN has always had fluffer crap throughout the week. Its the weekend when they do real news, and it starts on Friday...

When was playbook? Friday nights at 8pm...

They were breaking down who's playing who today and making their week 1 picks.

They're staying true to form - nothing new really

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
fearsomefour said:

Wow i find your commentary on female reporters offensive and unbiased. Nfln is just catering to the masses and reporting on large market teams and content isnt all put out by the on screen people you ever heard of a teleprompter.

I agree nfln has stepped backwards but i believe its more to the line of advertising money and the bandwagon fans that follow aroumd the big name big market teams or whoever is winning at the time. Not the female tv personalities.

fearsomefour

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
You say tomatoooo I say tomaaaato. End result is the same.

Hopefully it gets better now that the season is underway.

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
fearsomefour said:

There's a juggy female on NFL Network?!? We have to warn the others!

I don't have a problem with it -- even with all the fluff pieces, I still prefer NFLN to ESPN. Seriously -- do you know how tough it is to fill 24 hours with football content during the offseason?

For the record, I don't have a problem with Jugs either.

It's kinda like those old Reese's commercials from way back:
"You've got your jugs all over my football"
"Well, you're rubbing that football all over my jugs"

I can think of about 30,000 other things to be outraged over than this/these:
beau-babe4.jpg

lockdnram21

Legend
I think the bills are going to be decent and have a chance to beat the patriots this week. I think geno will eventually be good

fearsomefour

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
"There's a juggy female on NFL Network?!? We have to warn the others!

I don't have a problem with it -- even with all the fluff pieces, I still prefer NFLN to ESPN."

True enough. Although, ESPN sort of set the model that NFLN is falling into.

"I can think of about 30,000 other things to be outraged over than this/these"

Not outraged. Just tired of every sports related show/channel/event being marketed to the lowest common, thats all.

lockdnram21 said:
I think the bills are going to be decent and have a chance to beat the patriots this week. I think geno will eventually be good

Geno may eventually be good but eventually is probably not week 1 of his first season. I wish I could believe you are right about Buffalo beating NE, but, a slim, slim chance at best. Even with Welker and Hernandez and Gronk out of the picture Buffalo is probably going to have to score 30 to beat NE, with a rookie QB that is gonna be tough.