Weapons for Sammy

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamShack

UDFA
I'm not sure if you guys are aware, but Darrelle Revis said it would be awesome to play for the 49ers. As of now it's all talk, but they have acquired a lot of draft picks. I'm not so sure the Jets won't take the picks, they have had there fair share of differences with Revis. I've said all that to say this,we need playmakers with the 16th and 22nd pick of the draft. I say Tavon Austin is a must, and with the 22nd pick we go with Kennen Allen or a Tight End. Whether or not we sign Danny back Tavon is just dynamic and with Chris G and Tavon Austin is just plain scary. We add a big playmaker in Keenen Allen(6'3) and add that with Brian Quick plus Danny Amendola if he resigns. That's plenty of options for Sammy, not to mention maybe a dual threat tight end with (Eifert or Ertz). The Rams already have two speed demons with D. Rich and I. Pead in the backfield. It could be scary guys, we can address the line in the 2nd or third round. It's a very deep draft for o lineman and safeties so we will be fine there. Sorry for all the grammatical errors!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Weapons can also be offensive linemen and defensive linemen. And that might be the case in this draft.

Figure if Bradford can just get a decent pocket and time to go through his progressions, that he'll find a receiver open more often than not. Also figure if the defensive line has a strong rotation that can stay fresh all game, that he'll also get more opportunities to score.

At this point, I'm on board with however they attack the draft. Be it skill position players, or trench guys.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
X said:
Weapons can also be offensive linemen and defensive linemen. And that might be the case in this draft.

Figure if Bradford can just get a decent pocket and time to go through his progressions, that he'll find a receiver open more often than not. Also figure if the defensive line has a strong rotation that can stay fresh all game, that he'll also get more opportunities to score.

At this point, I'm on board with however they attack the draft. Be it skill position players, or trench guys.

JMO ,but I would enjoy watching Darrelle Revis try to cover Tavon Austin,hold onto your jock Day-rell :bg:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Thordaddy said:
X said:

JMO ,but I would enjoy watching Darrelle Revis try to cover Tavon Austin,hold onto your jock Day-rell :bg:
This, I think, is where we can determine who has the most faith in Bradford as a QB. Those with less faith want the Rams to pony up with a stable of receivers in the hopes that someone - anyone - emerges as the go-to threat. Others, with maybe a lil more faith, think that Bradford can get by with who we have now, and maybe one other guy - PROVIDED the protection up front is adequate. Clean pocket, room to move around, and a little bit of time. Not 10 seconds like Brady gets, but just a normal amount. Just enough to allow the receiver to run to the top of his route and get just a smidge of separation so that he can employ his accuracy and thread the needle.

Obviously free agency is going to alter everyone's draft plans too. If DA walks, then all of a sudden Tavon Austin becomes a priority. If Hayes leaves, then we absolutely need more depth on the line. But if those two get re-signed, then we can look to different areas of need. A few of which, still, are safety, SAM, tackle and probably guard.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
X said:
Thordaddy said:
X said:

This, I think, is where we can determine who has the most faith in Bradford as a QB. [hil]Those with less faith want the Rams to pony up with a stable of receivers in the hopes that someone - anyone - emerges as the go-to threat. Others, with maybe a lil more faith, think that Bradford can get by with who we have now, and maybe one other guy - PROVIDED the protection up front is adequate. Clean pocket, room to move around, and a little bit of time.[/hil] Not 10 seconds like Brady gets, but just a normal amount. Just enough to allow the receiver to run to the top of his route and get just a smidge of separation so that he can employ his accuracy and thread the needle.

Obviously free agency is going to alter everyone's draft plans too. If DA walks, then all of a sudden Tavon Austin becomes a priority. If Hayes leaves, then we absolutely need more depth on the line. But if those two get re-signed, then we can look to different areas of need. A few of which, still, are safety, SAM, tackle and probably guard.
So let's do both. Offensive line help + Weapons = Bam!

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
X said:
Thordaddy said:
X said:

This, I think, is where we can determine who has the most faith in Bradford as a QB. Those with less faith want the Rams to pony up with a stable of receivers in the hopes that someone - anyone - emerges as the go-to threat. Others, with maybe a lil more faith, think that Bradford can get by with who we have now, and maybe one other guy - PROVIDED the protection up front is adequate. Clean pocket, room to move around, and a little bit of time. Not 10 seconds like Brady gets, but just a normal amount. Just enough to allow the receiver to run to the top of his route and get just a smidge of separation so that he can employ his accuracy and thread the needle.

If 2012 had been Bradford's second season in Schotty's offense, with the same players, we would have won 3 more games. Maybe 5.

F. Mulder

Starter
I honestly also think the can do both if they get 1 premium pick. If they can slime a Tackle then they are good to go. If they go Cooper or Warmack at Guard they create instant depth.

One OL and get a WR and/or a TE (or both).and let's see what happens.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
The scenarios are endless but I kinda like the idea of getting an OL and one of those stud TEs first, then a Safety in the 2nd. A WR will probably be needed because Amendola or Gibson will be gone. Crossing fingers that SJ is back for a couple more seasons or else a RB becomes a priority in my mind. An OLB would be nice SOMEWHERE in this draft.

Will "right now" weapons like WR and RB be available in the middle rounds, 3rd, 4th, and 5th? How long will players like Montee Ball and Robert Woods stay on the board?

fearsomefour

Legend
I have a resonable amount of faith in Bradford. What I really belief is Fisher and his staff have the ability to put their guys in positions to succeed. Unlike the previous couple of jerks.

I would really like to see the Rams add a quality Olineman. Whether that is a T or a G depends and who falls and who the Rams keep. If they cut Dahl and even if they resign Turner landing a good G is a must. If they resign Turner and dont cut Dahl then they can go either way. Taking a T makes sense because of Saffolds pending FA status next year.

The prospect of Bradford dropping back to pass with a couple of 2nd year receivers (one who has proven he can play at this level and one who has not) and a rookie (no matter how fast) with an interior line with other teams cast offs and career backups doesnt fill me with much. Never mind turning to handoff to either one guy who faded or one guy who amassed 10 or so carries and had no handle on the ball....yikes.

My initial feeling heading into this draft was D,D,D. The reasoning being that pushing the Rams D to be one of the best Ds in the league would take pressure off of the O and Bradford. The reality is you need balance. I could see those 2 first rounders being used on OLB, S, T, G, WR....any mix and I could be very happy. So much depends on what happens from the beginning of FA to the draft. If the Rams keep Mikell and sign a vet S, there is no need to draft one in the first round for example. What really has changed for me regarding the Rams after last season is that for the first time in a long, long time I have faith in the brass. Knowing (as witnessed last year) that the team will be going into the draft with a vision and a plan is the biggest difference of all.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Yeah he needs weapons.

How about getting him a line that he can stand behind and move up in the pocket for 5 seconds like some of the better QB's can. Get all the receivers out on routes and not having TE's and RB's chip on the way out which precludes them from any timing routes.
Watching all the top passing teams on the coaches film regardless of the QB and WR's the common denominator was time.

This alone would elevate all the WR"s & TE"s about 3 levels of ability.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Yamahopper said:
Yeah he needs weapons.

How about getting him a line that he can stand behind and move up in the pocket for 5 seconds like some of the better QB's can. Get all the receivers out on routes and not having TE's and RB's chip on the way out which precludes them from any timing routes.
Watching all the top passing teams on the coaches film regardless of the QB and WR's the common denominator was time.

This alone would elevate all the WR"s & TE"s about 3 levels of ability.

This ^^^