Way too early post about new starters...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

WestCoastRam

Legend
So, after two games (yeah yeah, prob should ask this after four games), what are your thoughts on the new starters at all positions?

Peters/Talib - really, does anything need to be said here?
Ebukam - can't say I've been blown away. Seems sharp in run defense.
Longacre/Easly - ??
Jonathan Franklin - ??
Blythe - Hard to say he loses his job this week. Just a crazy spectacular surprise there. Always though he looked light in the trunk and could be pushed around due to that. Shows what I know.
Cooks - Everything advertised and more.
Suh - See Cooks post.
Littleton - Not as flashy as Ogletree but a better LB all around.
Wilson - defacto starter as Barron is out. All I can tell is that he's pulled for Christianson in passing situations.
Christianson - seems to be playing well at the ILB/S hybrid role in passing situations.
Shields - he was mentioned, I didn't include cause he's not a starter in base or nickel but what depth!!

Am I missing anyone??

Edit: thanks to those below for additions!

Last edited:

dang

Legend
So, after two games (yeah yeah, prob should ask this after four games), what are your thoughts on the new starters at all positions?

Longacre/Easly - ??
Jonathan Franklin - ??
Blythe - Hard to say he loses his job this week. Just a crazy spectacular surprise there. Always though he looked light in the trunk and could be pushed around due to that. Shows what I know.
Suh - See Cooks post.

Am I missing anyone??
Littleton? Shields/Christian?

Ram65

Legend

Longacre/Easly - ??
Jonathan Franklin - ??
Suh - See Cooks post.

Am I missing anyone??

Wilson- Good in the run game.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
I think Ebukam is doing a great job. Not only has he been getting pressure on the QB in the passing game, but he did a really good job holding the edge on run plays last game. I am not surprised to see him playing well because I thought he was a potential steal when we picked him up.

Littleton started a little rough (as did the whole defense) vs the raiders, but he has steadily improved. He's gonna be fine, an upgrade over otree.

As for Blythe, he's been good every time he's been given an opportunity to play (kinda like Littleton). I think Brown should be worried if Gurley gets off this week in the run game.

jjab360

Legend
Pretty much all of the new star additions have impressed, but that's no surprise as they have all been some of the best in the league at their positions for a while now.

Cooks might prove to even be a discount in a few years despite having been paid at a premium. We'll probably be glad we paid him now and not later.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Shields would be starting on just about any other NFL team. Nice to know he's there for depth. I have a feeling he's going to be used more as the season goes on.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
Cooks might prove to even be a discount in a few years despite having been paid at a premium. We'll probably be glad we paid him now and not later.

Great point. This would be a great off season topic. I always look at the Jenkins/Johnson situation and how the Rams completely messed that up as a direct example of how a lack of forsight changed the next 2 seasons.
See the redskins and how they handled cousins.
Look at what's going on in Pittsburgh because of bell.

When the Rams are are trying to defend their title after the 2019 season, remember how this roster was built and how much our 3 top WRs are being paid because Woods was already signed to a 5 yr deal, Kupp is still on a rookie contract, and the Cooks deal now looks like a steal.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Our offseason free agents and trades have proven to all be exceptional, at least these first two games.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
I have nothing but superlatives for Talib, Peters, Suh, Cooks, and Blythe (as a starter). All have exceeded the high expectations both on and off the field.

Littleton has Wade smiling as are all Ram fans. Love the way he wrap-up tackles, too.

Ebu is coming along, I think. He’s not yet where we all want him to be, but I’m kinda optimistic.

The other side? Looks like a work-in-progress to me. Somebody needs to step up among Lawler, Easley, Longacre, and later Obo for me to be comfortable.

While not starters, Boom and Allen have both exceeded expectations, too.

All told, the offseason talent influx has turbocharged this team. A former ‘17 playoff roster now looks like a SB favorite.

Hot Damn!

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
Littleton has Wade smiling as are all Ram fans. Love the way he wrap-up tackles, too.

Ebu is coming along, I think. He’s not yet where we all want him to be, but I’m kinda optimistic.

The other side? Looks like a work-in-progress to me. Somebody needs to step up among Lawler, Easley, Longacre, and later Obo for me to be comfortable.

I can't wait to see Obo in horns for the first time. Will he be ready by mid-season?? anyone know?? IIRC he's coming back after the bye.

But yeah, the improved tackling is showing up. What the Rampage (suh-brock-donald) doesn't crush, our LB's mop up.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
John Johnson III !!!!!

H6BBFQ6V7JAWRKIIVQELMDIP5Y.jpg