Watson to Cleveland - Fully guaranteed 5 year $230M contract

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I would tell Cleveland their pick that was used is gone and tough shit. Because voiding the deal would be their move to cover their decision.

The picks that have not been used would go back to them.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Are the Browns the dumbest organisation in the history of sports?

Deadset. Imagine getting yourself involved in this shit show on your own accord.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
That's a win for the Browns Mayfield is atrocious

Imo - The best part of Mayfield,not having a team or starting is those commercials.

In fact SNL could do a skit on it & could be hilarious.Add a Kappernik or D.Watson character to it as well.

A friend just started in on a Eddie Murphy Mr. Rogers. Funny stuff.He’s Bay Area Fan.It was sort of in passing
but talk about some excellent talented comedians over the years
from SNL.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

Are the Browns the dumbest organisation in the history of sports?

Deadset. Imagine getting yourself involved in this shit show on your own accord.

Well the History of Belacheat.

Go back & just look at Baltimore & NE the last 20 plus years.
Dwight Clark past of ALS sadly,but was there first GM with Carmen Policy.

That was awesome how bad Carmen Policy was with the salary cap.He got the 9ers in salary cap trouble & left to screw up the Browns.

I don’t know how the Browns can take Ozzie Newsome away from being one of the best GM’s of all-times.

Then again we can go back to Baltimore beating the 9ers.The Harbaugh’s going at each other.

I respect the Steelers & Baltimore over time on how they run a franchise. I guess that is how I separate the Browns & Baltimore?

To think Cinncy just went to the SuperBowl creating Beautiful NFL History.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I would tell Cleveland their pick that was used is gone and tough shit. Because voiding the deal would be their move to cover their decision.

Exactly. They void the contract, and future obligations to the Texans. What transpired in 2022 draft is water under the bridge and the price Cleveland has to pay for the risk they were willing to take. Going forward, Houston if found culpable should be forced to sell the team, and any employee involved should be immediately terminated.
I hate when they take draft picks away from a team because it ultimately hurts the players, but they should at least have taken from them in 2023 what they used in 2022

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
IMG_20220617_194741.png

oldnotdead

Legend

I guess Baker Mayfield will get to play one more season with the Browns. How stupid do the Browns look now? Giving away all those picks, and guaranteed money to a guy that won't even play this year. Talk about an organization that keeps stepping on their own dick. Its the best thing that could happen to Baker. He gets one more year to show he can actually be a good starter before he becomes a free agent in 2023 and he can pick his team.

The Panthers aren't much better. They are thinking of trading for Baker? WTF is wrong with them. He's not much better than Darnold. In fact considering, Baker had better talent around him than Darnold, I don't think Mayfield would make much difference. Trading one loser for another. If they are going to trade for someone then trade for Jimmy G who is probably the best on the market right now.

The Browns over draft Mayfield and pass on Josh Allen and Lamar Jackson. God watching that dumpster fire just get worse makes me love the Rams ownership and FO even more.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

I guess Baker Mayfield will get to play one more season with the Browns. How stupid do the Browns look now? Giving away all those picks, and guaranteed money to a guy that won't even play this year. Talk about an organization that keeps stepping on their own dick. Its the best thing that could happen to Baker. He gets one more year to show he can actually be a good starter before he becomes a free agent in 2023 and he can pick his team.

The Panthers aren't much better. They are thinking of trading for Baker? WTF is wrong with them. He's not much better than Darnold. In fact considering, Baker had better talent around him than Darnold, I don't think Mayfield would make much difference. Trading one loser for another. If they are going to trade for someone then trade for Jimmy G who is probably the best on the market right now.

The Browns over draft Mayfield and pass on Josh Allen and Lamar Jackson. God watching that dumpster fire just get worse makes me love the Rams ownership and FO even more.

Best thing about Watson being traded is no more of those commercials.

A good SNL skit could be him opening up the stadium for Watson.Then it could go all different ways.

Point being those draft picks could have helped bolster the offense to help support Mayfield.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I guess Baker Mayfield will get to play one more season with the Browns
Not a chance
They signed Jacoby Brissett who can hold down the fort for a season, and is probably better than Mayfield anyway. They also picked up Josh Dobbs who never got a shot in Pitt
Mayfield has as much of a chance playing for Cleveland as you and I do.....

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's possible the NFL puts him on the exemption list as well. Wouldn't that be a DNA rifle meat sandwich for the Browns to see him be exempted for at least part of this season then suspended into next season after the legal side is all said and done.

That would effectively fuck the Browns two consecutive seasons. Which I of course would greatly enjoy.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
It's possible the NFL puts him on the exemption list as well. Wouldn't that be a DNA rifle meat sandwich for the Browns to see him be exempted for at least part of this season then suspended into next season after the legal side is all said and done.

That would effectively fuck the Browns two consecutive seasons. Which I of course would greatly enjoy.
I have also thought about the Exemption List option. That could also really fuck Watson.

He got paid last year. Thus far, Watson has not lost any salary on this matter.

The contract Cleveland gave Watson protects him from a 2022 suspension. His 2022 salary is just over $1M. Should Watson get suspended for the entire year, he would not get his salary but it's only $1M.

On the Exemption List, Watson would get paid his $1M salary.

However, what if the NFL decided to hold-off on making a decision on a suspension until 2023 ... hoping for there to be legal closure at that point. If Watson was to be suspended for 2023, his salary is $46M.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Ideally the Browns would have to pay the entire contract, but Watson doesn't see a dime of it. Send the money to help people pay for gas or groceries instead.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Hard assed squid…

dang

Legend
Such bullshit that rich people can do this and not face the consequences that poorer people would face.

Just buy yourself free - pay an unspecified amount and not go to jail.

Must be nice to not have to roll doubles.
It settles the civil cases but also plays into a strong case of inappropriate behavior. The NFL has to take some action but it remains to be seen how far that will go.

Da-Rock

Pro Bowler
Such bullshit that rich people can do this and not face the consequences that poorer people would face.

Just buy yourself free - pay an unspecified amount and not go to jail.

Must be nice to not have to roll doubles.

Well, they couldn't get away with it if people weren't taking the money. It takes two to tango.

I agree though....money and power lets so many off the hook!

Corbin

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK!!
The NFL is so full of shit. They try and act all inclusive and like the good guy to build market share but Watson paying off women and allowing him to play shows they are the fakest POS organization there is.

Smfh