Watson to Cleveland - Fully guaranteed 5 year $230M contract

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
What I don't get about guys like Watson is why they pull this kind of shit when they don't need to. Being an NFL QB is not unlike this:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzRpYCKY29g

Damn, if nothing else, keep yourself zipped up in the US and during the off-season, head over to a place like Bangkok or something and get all the happy endings you want.

Just not getting this at all.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
You know what I find appallingly funny but not funny. NFL access opens up with Baker/Watson story etc. And not the first time dudes players on the show or whatever show say yea time to move on from Baker and no Cleveland shouldn't ask him to play for them this year because there is a locker room divide players don't like him etc.

Now like or hate Baker are there not players on the team wether they Father's Brothers Sons their Wives etc. So we don't want like baker understood but we will play with someone that basically let's just say it allegedly assaults or forces women into sexual lude act because he can????

So that's ok you will be more accepting of that than an attitude problem or even a lesser skill set how accepting would you be if one of the woman was you mother sister daughter etc that he did that too.

This is why world is messed up prioritize man get your shit together.

So many stood by Kapernick but nobody will stand for a gaggle of women. If he had messed up once bad as it is and not at all condoning it but maybe you find forgiveness you play but don't bond or hang or you might say he made mistake. Fine.

But we don't want to play with Baker he is arrogant sucks wteva.

But we will play with basically a repeat sex offender (and I use that term instead of the other because I don't want to offend anyone)

Shits backwards man.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Shits backwards man.
It is but it's a man's league. The guys in the locker room, the guys who are retired and in the media, the guys who played at lower levels and end up in coaching, streaming, message boards, etc are focused on what's important to the game.

A QB who divides the locker room can't have that. You'll lose games. A QB who uses women well that's his business. You're not gonna lose games.

Also to be considered is that there were no charges. I realize why and all that but still. There were no charges. That should matter in all this.

If Watson plays for 10+ more years and lights up this league doing it after this suspension the Browns will come out of it looking great. Fans will be happy. Because they won games. Women got hurt? Yeah that sucks, but they got settlements in civil court, all that shit got handled. He's a scumbag but goddamn look at that deep pass he hits down the sideline wooo. :laugh2:

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
It is but it's a man's league. The guys in the locker room, the guys who are retired and in the media, the guys who played at lower levels and end up in coaching, streaming, message boards, etc are focused on what's important to the game.

A QB who divides the locker room can't have that. You'll lose games. A QB who uses women well that's his business. You're not gonna lose games.

Also to be considered is that there were no charges. I realize why and all that but still. There were no charges. That should matter in all this.

If Watson plays for 10+ more years and lights up this league doing it after this suspension the Browns will come out of it looking great. Fans will be happy. Because they won games. Women got hurt? Yeah that sucks, but they got settlements in civil court, all that shit got handled. He's a scumbag but goddamn look at that deep pass he hits down the sideline wooo. :laugh2:

Usually we see it the same and I do see that point of view had it happened once but charges or not 70+ massage and some of the stuff apparently leaking to press his own words are pretty awful and while I know what you mean it's hard to play for someone you don't respect.

Leaving all that aside I guess what got me to to just explode is people leading with Baker being disliked for reasons which probably have merit but then to saying that he is disliked but Watson is what glorified? I'm just astounded by peoples views how they can say something like that but not seem to understand that Baker is a boy scout in comparison. Humanity is disappointing as well as stupid in a lot of cases.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Usually we see it the same and I do see that point of view had it happened once but charges or not 70+ massage and some of the stuff apparently leaking to press his own words are pretty awful and while I know what you mean it's hard to play for someone you don't respect.

Leaving all that aside I guess what got me to to just explode is people leading with Baker being disliked for reasons which probably have merit but then to saying that he is disliked but Watson is what glorified? I'm just astounded by peoples views how they can say something like that but not seem to understand that Baker is a boy scout in comparison. Humanity is disappointing as well as stupid in a lot of cases.
My post was sort of messing around too btw. I mean it's true but yes it is funny. We prioritize the wrong shit, I just get the why and I don't think it's going to change.

I don't have any hate for Watson. My initial feeling on him was that he was just a young dude thinking he can sway every chick. But obviously he's got an issue with lines and crossing them.

But this will look very different down the road if he learns from it. I do admit because I dislike the Browns and their owner that I want to see the entire thing crash and burn. I'm tired of those fucks taking top picks every year and shitting on them. It would be nice to see this move blow up in their faces.

tempests

Hall of Fame
What I don't get about guys like Watson is why they pull this kind of shit when they don't need to.
Combine a sense of entitlement with never facing consequences for their actions. The same condition that afflicts many who have money, influence and power. Watson has been on an exalted plane everywhere he's played, and it's really inflated his sense of self worth.

There's no real compartmentalizing for this behaviour. If they don't recognize boundaries, if they don't respect others, then there isn't a "proper outlet" for it. Wherever they live, work or travel, it's going to continue.

Watson still hasn't shown an ability to recognize his flaws, or to work on them.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And not the first time dudes players on the show or whatever show say yea time to move on from Baker and no Cleveland shouldn't ask him to play for them this year because there is a locker room divide players don't like him etc.
You're really comparing apples to oranges here.
There's a divide with Baker and the team because Baker has a problem with the team. He, and rightly so, is done with them and will wait for his trade/release and enjoy watching the team suffer.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Combine a sense of entitlement with never facing consequences for their actions. The same condition that afflicts many who have money, influence and power. Watson has been on an exalted plane everywhere he's played, and it's really inflated his sense of self worth.

There's no real compartmentalizing for this behaviour. If they don't recognize boundaries, if they don't respect others, then there isn't a "proper outlet" for it. Wherever they live, work or travel, it's going to continue.

Watson still hasn't shown an ability to recognize his flaws, or to work on them.

I don't disagree with you on the sense of entitlement thing, but it's not even that.

When you are a big time college QB and later a big time pro QB, and especially if you are single, women throw themselves at you. Watson could get laid as much as he wanted without having to push past anyone's boundaries, and he could probably find plenty of women that would willingly give him his happy ending rub and tugs that he seems so fond of. So why not just go that route?

I'm sure there are plenty of other big league athletes in the same position that also feel a sense of entitlement from having been coddled through school due to their athletic prowess but still nevertheless are able to get their jollies without ever having to force themselves on anyone who is unwilling.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
You have to feel bad for Browns fans.

Never made a Super Bowl.
"The Drive" and "The Fumble" ensured that their Super Bowl drought continued during their brief heyday in the 1980s.
Saw their team leave for Baltimore and have to restart as an expansion team.
Former Browns franchise (Ravens) wins two titles.
Fired Bill Belichick and watched him win 6 Super Bowls in New England.
And now this.

At least they have "Draft Day." :sunglasses:

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
You're really comparing apples to oranges here.
There's a divide with Baker and the team because Baker has a problem with the team. He, and rightly so, is done with them and will wait for his trade/release and enjoy watching the team suffer.

That wasn't my point.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
How hard would it be to find one woman to give you a happy ending, and stick with her? I guess less than 4% chance of finding one, according to the lawsuits.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
It was probably mentioned somewhere in this thread, but here is an argument the Watson side likely made at the hearing. It’s a good one, I think.

“Watson's side is expected to point out that Robert Kraft didn't get suspended for his alleged incident at a massage parlor and that Jerry Jones never got punished even though the Cowboys were admittedly involved in a voyeurism scandal that ended with their top PR guy unexpectedly retiring.”

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It was probably mentioned somewhere in this thread, but here is an argument the Watson side likely made at the hearing. It’s a good one, I think.

“Watson's side is expected to point out that Robert Kraft didn't get suspended for his alleged incident at a massage parlor and that Jerry Jones never got punished even though the Cowboys were admittedly involved in a voyeurism scandal that ended with their top PR guy unexpectedly retiring.”
I dont want to be confused for someone defending Robert Kraft, but I gotta say, the 2 things are totally different.
Kraft had charges dropped because the surveillance video was illegal, so his charges were dropped. There was no civil case where his "guilt" would have been acknowledged. Watson, while free of criminal charges, is settling civil cases which brings with it the air of guilt

dang

Legend
I dont want to be confused for someone defending Robert Kraft, but I gotta say, the 2 things are totally different.
Kraft had charges dropped because the surveillance video was illegal, so his charges were dropped. There was no civil case where his "guilt" would have been acknowledged. Watson, while free of criminal charges, is settling civil cases which brings with it the air of guilt
Paying for a tug from a pro is polar opposite from forcing a tug from a non-consenting woman. Over and over and over again.

ozarkram

Hall of Shame
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Some professions may lend themselves to certain assumptions. Right or wrong. I do not believe any of these young ladies were the naive types. I am not condoning forced anything. But money is a tremendous motivator. And as is apparent stupidity is strong with Watson.

IE Rams

Pro Bowler
I Root for these teams if not playing Rams: Bills, Chefs, Taters, Lions, Anyone playing 69ers/Squaks/Cheaters/Aints.
Ooh. I’ll play this game:

Teams I root for if not playing the Rams, or if a win by them negatively impacts the Rams, etc etc: Giants, Vikes, Falcons, Panthers, Broncos, Ravens, Bills
Anyone playing the farty ninnies, redturds, shitbirds, cowpies, iggles, commodes, aints, slackers, suckaneers

IE Rams

Pro Bowler
What I don't get about guys like Watson is why they pull this kind of shit when they don't need to.
Watson’s behavior wasn’t necessarily about getting laid. Similar to the overwhelming cases of rape, it’s about power, fueled by whatever feelings of inadequacy.

Psycho_X

Legend
2-8 games is expected now. What a crock of shit if he gets a low end punishment like that but the NFLPA has a point... why would Watson be punished worse than owners who have done the same, if not worse. The NFL painted themselves into a corner with the way they let owners off the hook.

Report: Deshaun Watson Suspension 'Expected' Between 2-8 Games
The NFL reportedly sought an indefinite suspension of the quarterback.

CINCINNATI — Plenty of rumors have flown around Deshaun Watson's impending suspension in recent weeks, but the most recent one is breaking from the norm of a projected year-long or indefinite suspension.

According to Pro Football Talk, independent investigator Sue L. Robinson is expected to hand down a punishment between 2-8 games. Watson is facing discipline for 20-plus civil suits involving sexual harassment from massage therapy appointments, although the NFL is focusing on four of the cases.

"Whether the league would appeal such an outcome," Mike Florio wrote. "And whether Commissioner Roger Goodell or his designee would impose a dramatically longer ban, remains to be seen.

"The case presented by the NFL ultimately focused on four alleged violations; the fifth (based on media reports and not an interview of the accuser) is not part of the decision-making process. Judge Robinson, after considering the evidence presented to her and making specific findings of fact, will apply the terms of the Personal Conduct Policy to the facts and determine whether and to what extent Watson should be punished."

Florio went on to say that a key part of the lower-than-expected punishment is language in the CBA holding owners to a higher standard than players.

"One of the strongest arguments on Watson’s behalf comes from the plain language of the policy," Florio wrote. "'Ownership and club or league management have traditionally been held to a higher standard and will be subject to more significant discipline.'

"At the hearing, the NFLPA focused on owners who either weren’t punished at all or whose punishments require a player like Watson to receive a lesser sanction. Since the hearing, the Texans have settled 30 claims against them specifically for their alleged role in Watson’s alleged sexual misconduct."

Deshaun Watson's camp was reportedly ready to sue the NFL if it handed down a year-long suspension, but we may not even get to that point if Goodell honors a lower initial punishment.

Watson would miss the highly-anticipated MNF game on Halloween against the Bengals during an eight-game ban, but anything less than that means he'll play in both Cincinnati matchups this season.

Make sure you bookmark All Bengals for the latest news, exclusive interviews, film breakdowns and so much more!