Watson to Cleveland - Fully guaranteed 5 year $230M contract

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
He'll get slapped with a 1 year suspension so the NFL can keep the cancel culture off their back
Most likely and the union will fight it as they're supposed to do for their players. I could see something other than the 1 year imposed and the 1 year is the two sides compromise.

Tano

Legend
And I'm thinking the poor guy wouldnt have had the $$ to go to massage parlor in the 1st place. At least not 26
Watson's behavior is a bit strange but he sure is the gravy train for these women
Well when I said poorer - I meant someone like me who makes a decent living but no way could pay off any woman

I do not have any extra cash for that

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
Little was caught drink driving again a few years later. These people don't give a shit about anyone else on the road.

Totally remember and he is a p.o.s. for that too. There is just still a difference in the decision making process is my point I guess. While still trash when you do that even after having killed someone he should be ashamed and I don't remember if he got help and haven't heard of any reoccurrences of DUI after it's still just a dumb though process of I'm ok I can drive or nothing going to happen I've live right around the corner etc. The intent is to get home while the outcome is you ruined families and killed someone.

However the intent with Watson is to do what he does to another human being intentionally because of who he is and what he wants instant gratification. 24 woman alledgedly and how many more could there be and what if nothing comes out? Also 66 massages booked in a 17 month span most outside your own facilities because you probably ran rt through them that's like a serial sex offender.

Again please understand not defending little I've had my share of experience with DUI and not me being the drink driver but friends etc. The thought process of malice is my main point.

Watson intended to get what he wanted how he wanted. Does he stroke you as someone who can't get woman based on his own merits so there is an issue there underlying issue.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
Well when I said poorer - I meant someone like me who makes a decent living but no way could pay off any woman

I do not have any extra cash for that

You also wouldn't do what he did and let's face it most people on here probably don't have the throw away money to even book 66 massages in 17 months the whole thing reeks. As far as the women taking the money well he skated on criminal charges so they could not make him pay there so what else there to do. Continue a civil case that really will result in what same thing money being doled out so why go through the pain just nip it in the bud. I'm sure not everyone is a saint but again booking those things that many times ndas being signed Houston had a hand in this as well. There probably is so much more here that will never come out just like gruden emails. The NFL we love it but it is like the mob.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The collusion that might be there with the Texans is shocking to me. They had to know at some point what he was doing. If the NFL really wants to do the right thing they would punish the team for enabling that shit. Getting the teams to care about losing picks is more likely than getting them to care about women.

dang

Legend
Sorry but there’s an awful lot of smoke for there to not be a fire. Watson has a problem but he will be given a chance to overcome it. Let’s hope he does (unless you dislike the Browns).

Corbin

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK!!
What in the world does this have to do with women who were suing somebody in civil court settling before trial have to do with anything you said. I believe you’re serious but I’m not sure what you’re saying has anything to do with the tweet I linked and what’s happened with these civil cases this week.

The NFL has yet to announce any punishment for Watson though they have indicated it will be lengthy and that these women's decision will not affect his punishment. Watsons punishment also has to be cleared with the NFLPA based on their CBA.
Nothing has changed or been decided except 20 of the 24 women suing him have decided to settle out of court.
If you can’t make that connection IDK what to tell you.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If you can’t make that connection IDK what to tell you.
So what you're telling me the NFL forced these ladies to settle? Excellent tin foil hat moment you got going on there.

Corbin

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK!!
So what you're telling me the NFL forced these ladies to settle? Excellent tin foil hat moment you got going on there.
You watch to much opinionated news
Jimmy Fallon What GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

“ so what your trying to tell me is these woman sucked off Rodger Goodell and the NFL set up a massage parlor ring and you justify that by Henry Riggs drinking and driving”

Yes, Oldschool :clap:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You watch to much opinionated news
Jimmy Fallon What GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

“ so what your trying to tell me is these woman sucked off Rodger Goodell and the NFL set up a massage parlor ring and you justify that by Henry Riggs drinking and driving”

Yes, Oldschool :clap:
I honestly have no idea wtf you just said here or how it has any basis in reality or any relevance to the whole Watson mess. For the record I don't watch any news channels hate to ruin your rant here.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
And his salary is only 1 million this year, so he doesn't lose any money compared to his deal. If I was the NFL, I would fine his next years salary.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The collusion that might be there with the Texans is shocking to me. They had to know at some point what he was doing. If the NFL really wants to do the right thing they would punish the team for enabling that shit. Getting the teams to care about losing picks is more likely than getting them to care about women.
If the Texans were involved, then that means the NFL was involved.....
What is shocking to me is how Watson and the Texans engaged in such a highly publicized battle with one another while this was all going on behind the scenes. I mean really, how could both sides be so clueless as to think this was just not going to materialize?
Heck, Houston should have traded him right away, freeing themselves of that. The fact that they engage in it, stoked the fires even more? Unreal

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Fun Fact: the Browns are using 13.3% of their total cap space in 2022 on two QBs (Mayfield, Watson) who may very well play zero snaps for them this year.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Fun Fact: the Browns are using 13.3% of their total cap space in 2022 on two QBs (Mayfield, Watson) who may very well play zero snaps for them this year.
Hey, dont rule out Josh Dobbs winning the starting gig, and then you can throw the ridiculous 4.8 mill they're paying Brissett in to the mix. Would bring the total over 16% haha

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

Deshaun Watson suspension decision: NFLPA concerned NFL will discipline Browns QB indefinitely, per report​

Deshaun Watson has settled 20 of 24 civil lawsuits accusing him of sexual misconduct, but the Browns quarterback is not out of the woods when it comes to NFL discipline. While the former Texans star has publicly sworn innocence and avoided criminal charges for an alleged pattern of abuse during private massage therapy sessions, the NFL Players Association is concerned the NFL will suspend Watson for the entire 2022 season, if not indefinitely, according to Pro Football Network.

This echoes reporting from The Washington Post, which said last week that Watson's camp expects the NFL to argue he "deserves to be suspended for at least one full season," and that league executives will likely seek a "significant" penalty for the QB. The Browns have been awaiting a "lengthy suspension" for their new starter, per Aaron Wilson, and are expected to proceed with new backup Jacoby Brissett as their emergency No. 1 in the event Watson is suspended for most, or all, of 2022.

The NFLPA, meanwhile, previously championed Watson's record contract with the Browns, who signed the QB to a five-year, fully guaranteed $230 million contract, despite him still facing almost two dozen lawsuits at the time. NFLPA president JC Tretter, a former Brown, has celebrated Watson's earnings as a potential "turning point" for other guaranteed contracts around the league. Watson's own agents negotiated the contract to protect the QB from any substantial financial losses in the event of a lengthy 2022 suspension, suggesting the former Pro Bowler always anticipated NFL discipline for his alleged off-field transgressions.

As for the possibility of the Browns reconciling with former No. 1 overall draft pick Baker Mayfield -- who remains on the roster -- as a fill-in for Watson, that's considered almost impossible in Cleveland, per Wilson. The Browns are still seeking to offload Mayfield's $18.8 million guaranteed salary via trade, aiming to deal the QB by the start of training camp, and if not then, by the start of the regular season. The Seahawks, who have a high level of interest in Mayfield, per CBS Sports NFL insider Josina Anderson, are considered a more likely landing spot for the veteran than the Panthers, who had prior talks with the Browns.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
What a mess. I really do feel for those fans. The dookies are the epitome of "Can't get right" in the NFL.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Looks like Browns fans won’t see their new QB for a while. Lots of rumors pointing to at least 1 full season.

The NFL Prepares to Push for an Indefinite Suspension of Deshaun Watson​

The league is angling for a ban of no shorter than one season for the quarterback who has been accused by dozens of women of sexual assault or misconduct