Wake Up The Echoes For Old Notre Dame

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Growing up watching Notre Dame Highlights with Lindsey Nelson on Sunday after Church for this Italian Catholic was a ritual and before I was assigned (Air Force) and graduated from college in the great State of Ohio and became a Buckeye Backer, Notre Dame was everything to me in college football and I almost felt they were the Harlem Globetrotters they were always supposed to win.

Kudos to Brian Kelly, who has not only reinvented himself, but also has made many staff changes over the years all for the betterment of his team. Look I understand some people don't like Notre Dame because of the name, but fact is, they don't redshirt, it's tough academically and the weather is not very good, so recruiting isn't as easy as it used to be. Plus I was getting tired of William Christopher "Dabo" Swinney squawking to the Officials last night to get his way.

Yes they were not able to tug on the long hair of Trevor Lawrence (another flopper) and Clemson was missing many player and they will most likely defeat Notre Dame on a Neutral Field in the ACC Championship Game, but for this moment I'm very happy for Brian Kelly, plus I have several friend's that are Irish Alum, so I raise my Columbian Beverage to celebrate their victory last night.

1604847375845.png

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It was a great game as a fan. No dog in the fight, so it was just great to watch. It’s not bad for college football to have Norte Dame in the top 5 IMO.
I personally have a little Clemson burnout, and a whole truck load of Alabama burn out.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
They did very well beating a great team with a backup freshman QB.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They did, anxious to see how they play against the Varsity.
My biggest take away, and keep in mind I didn't watch the whole thing, was they were able to stack the box vs Ettiene because it was a freshman QB in his 2nd start. That defense may have been different against Lawrence. I have a feeling both make the final 4 though.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
My bThat defense may have been different against Lawrence. I have a feeling both make the final 4 though.

That's a great point, but Uiagalelei had a great game, however he's not Trevor Lawrence yet, I guess I'm still a tad bitter over the loss last year to Clemson (Buckeyes) and having a heart for Notre Dame made the victory somewhat sweet.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That's a great point, but Uiagalelei had a great game, however he's not Trevor Lawrence yet, I guess I'm still a tad bitter over the loss last year to Clemson (Buckeyes) and having a heart for Notre Dame made the victory somewhat sweet.
Yeah I've been a Clemson fan for ages in spite of never living there, going there or knowing anybody that goes there. When I was a young man they were a baseball powerhouse and a football team that ran the ball well and played good defense. Always had a soft spot for them.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
To an older fan like myself the college football world just looks better with the old power teams back in it. Too bad USC can't find a damn coach, so tired of Helton.

I used to strongly dislike Notre Dame just because of that rivalry, wasn't a conference strength rivalry though so yeah I'm with you on seeing them take down Clemson it was nice. Kelly deserves a ton of cred and I grudgingly have to admit he's a far better coach than I thought he was some years back when they brought him in.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Kelly deserves a ton of cred and I grudgingly have to admit he's a far better coach than I thought he was some years back when they brought him in.

Loved the hire at the time, seems right a man with the surname of Kelly from Boston coaching the Fighting Irish. What I have been impressed with over the years is how he reinvented himself plus hiring an OC to take over the play calling duties in Chip Long and then knowing when to move on from him & promoting Tommy Rees combine with the elevation of Clark Lea and assigning Jeff Quinn as the OL Coach showcases Brian Kelly has made excellent hires within his own circle.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Sorry - as a long time USC fan, I can't EVER enjoy a Golden Domer win. For me, that would be like cheering for the patsies.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Sorry - as a long time USC fan, I can't EVER enjoy a Golden Domer win. For me, that would be like cheering for the patsies.

Understood East Coast/West Coast thing, however, Notre Dame back then covered many areas of the Country, always felt USC had great uniforms and great weather, but I will never forget when I was 8 years old back in 1974 when USC RB Antony Davis (not the Laker PF) led a USC comeback from being down 24-0 and scored four touchdowns for a 55-24 victory. Irish Head Coach Ara Raoul Parseghian resigned after the 74 season and many thought it was because of that game, leading the Irish to hire Green Bay Packer Head Coach Dan Devine (the villain in the movie Rudy).

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Was a great night for this old Irish fan.
Not kidding myself though, ND caught a boat load of breaks in that game, and Clemson really didnt need to win. If Notre Dame has any chance of making the National Championship playoff, they'll have to beat Clemson again. WITH Lawrence.
But that's a ways away. ND has a tough game coming up against @Boston Ram 's BC Eagles who gave Clemson all they could handle. Former ND QB at the helm there
Make no mistake though, that QB will be the next big thing. He's awful good already. 800 yards of offense with 6 TD accounted for in his first 2 starts. Wow

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Was a great night for this old Irish fan.
Not kidding myself though, ND caught a boat load of breaks in that game, and Clemson really didnt need to win. If Notre Dame has any chance of making the National Championship playoff, they'll have to beat Clemson again. WITH Lawrence.
But that's a ways away. ND has a tough game coming up against @Boston Ram 's BC Eagles who gave Clemson all they could handle. Former ND QB at the helm there
Make no mistake though, that QB will be the next big thing. He's awful good already. 800 yards of offense with 6 TD accounted for in his first 2 starts. Wow

Look forward to this match up. Our Ex ND QB is pretty good. Not sure we are up for the task against ND....at least not this year. You guys are having an outstanding season. You deserve it!

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Look forward to this match up. Our Ex ND QB is pretty good. Not sure we are up for the task against ND....at least not this year. You guys are having an outstanding season. You deserve it!

Boston College has one heck of a Head Coach in Jeff Hafley (Buckeyes) IMO, he's a future NFL Head Coach too..... Jurkovec playing well, that's for sure.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Funny thing for me about the ND-USC rivalry is something my cousin once said. Backgound on my cousin, we have been die-hard Irish fans since the beginning. We've road tripped out to South Bend together multiple times for games. Would catch a game whenever the Irish play locally. We went Culinary school school together and while there we took a class in ice carving. Final project was graded and only the best carvings were placed in front of the school at the upcoming graduation. So many teams did amazing work, a swordfish, a bear, a lion and our masterpiece.... The interlocking ND.... We were so proud that after many, many beers, we drove on to campus and Hi-Jacked it. I mean, ND was playing Michigan the next day, we had to represent, right??
Anyways, back to the funny comment. I hate the 49ers, Patriots, and University of Michigan. Similarly despise (but dont hate) the Red Sox, Lakers, Rangers. But when it comes to USC? The Biggest ND rival? Well, my cousin always says, if we weren't Notre Dame fans, we'd probably be USC Trojan fans.....

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And their fight song is not half bad either.
And their cheerleaders are second to none....

Back in the old RRF days Ramzee (thought he posted here at some point) and I would have a bet, loser of the SC game would have to change their Avatar for the week paying homage to the victor... Was a pretty rough go of it for me during the Charlie Weis/Pete Carroll years....

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I despise Notre Dame. For decades they have consistently poached Pennsylvania's best offensive line recruits. Throw in my nut bag of a sister-in-law turning my brother and nephews into Notre Dame fans, and I can never find it in my heart to be happy to see them win, ever.

With Ohio State dominating, and PSU locking Franklin into a big contract with a huge buyout, only to see his team suck, and Notre Dame actually playing well, this college season is a real punch in the gut.

And before anyone tries to convince me that Franklin is a good coach, I've seen enough of his close losses mostly chalked up to his horrible in game decisions. I wanted Schiano to be the coach, but many claimed he was too close to the scandal. The guy is a great college coach. He's got Rutgers playing well again. Hopefully one day he'll get his PSU shot.

But for now I have to suffer through a season equivalent to the Shehawks run with the LOB, or the Niners with Montana/Young.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Boston College has one heck of a Head Coach in Jeff Hafley (Buckeyes) IMO, he's a future NFL Head Coach too..... Jurkovec playing well, that's for sure.

He is an amazing coach! I just fear that he leaves for greener pastures in a year or 2. Would love to see what he can accomplish here in 5 years!