Verizon to pay NFL $500 million a year to stream games

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...o-pay-nfl-500-million-a-year-to-stream-games/

Verizon to pay NFL $500 million a year to stream games
Posted by Michael David Smith on December 11, 2017

170040741-e1512998194342.jpg

Getty Images

Despite a recent downturn in television ratings, the NFL has inked another big-money broadcast deal — this one to stream games on mobile devices.

Verizon and the NFL have announced a multi-year deal that will see NFL games streamed on Verizon mobile and digital platforms. Sports Business Daily reports that Verizon will pay the NFL $500 million a year.

The partnership begins in January of 2018, so the upcoming postseason games and Super Bowl LII will all be available to stream through Verizon.

“The NFL is a great partner for us and we are excited to take its premier content across a massive mobile scale so viewers can enjoy live football and other original NFL content where and how they want it,” Verizon CEO Lowell McAdam said in a statement. “We believe that partnerships like this are a win for fans, but also for partners and advertisers looking for a mobile-first experience.”

Although the NFL still makes the bulk of its money from television — NBC, CBS, FOX, ESPN and DirecTV — this deal is the strongest sign yet that there’s big money for the NFL to make in online streaming. It may not be long before the NFL’s biggest rights deals are with online providers, rather than with traditional television networks.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It seems business isn't hurting that bad. Now they just need to find a way to track these viewers.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I was on Verizon... terrible experience.

When I hopped over to AT&T, got a final bill for over $400 (normal bill was ~ $250). Cancellation fees, they said.

I fought it and they finally admitted they were wrong. Got an e-mail to verify.

Then, a year later, I start getting collection notices. Called the collection agencies (they kept passing it on from one to another) and all of them agreed it was not valid and would clear it out.

Until a few months ago (understand that I left Verizon over four years ago)... this agency wouldn't let it go and they put a collection account on my credit bureau.

Unfortunately, I lost the e-mail from the Verizon agent acknowledging the final amount was wrong.

So, I settled with the agency for $125 and it was removed from my bureau.

There is no amount of features or reduction in price that would ever make me consider going back to them... just terrible experience.

Be forewarned!