UsaToday. QB rankings. Wth?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Right now Chip Kelly is revered as a QB guru so it does not matter because most pundits of today's day and age mind has never been soiled with an original thought, thus the rating as you see it.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

well, it's like this.

before sam was in a jeff fisher offense, now he's in chip kelly's offense.

before foles was in kelly's offense, now he's in fisher's offense.

perception means everything in these ranking lists.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
I guess when Foles wins the Superbowl this year, he'll be ranked a bit higher ;)

iBruce

Pro Bowler
Name
Cory
Wait so you guys don't think Bradford is still a great player when healthy?

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
Wait so you guys don't think Bradford is still a great player when healthy?

I think he's average, potentially above average. I don't think he can stay healthy. And I wouldn't want him on any more than a 1 year contract.

If I was making a list of QBs I'd take for next year, Bradford wouldn't be top 20, maybe he'd just fit into the top 25.

JUMAVA68

Starter
Name
Manuel
After missing the last 2 years to injury its a little surprising to see Bradford ranked in the middle of the pack.What does that say about the talent or lack of at Qb in the NFL right now.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
I think Bradford is a great QB when healthy. I also think their harping on the talent around him ignores the fact that, while he was certainly let down by inferior surrounding talent between 2010 and 2012, he was let down by 25 consecutive regular-season starts missed due to ACL tears.

I'm rooting for the guy. Hard. Up until he plays the Rams. I disagree with their take on Foles, though... they hate on his arm strength, for example, which is quite good.

Oh well. This QB ranking, like any power ranking over a month before games start, is click fodder and little more.

fearsomefour

Legend
Cam Newton at 11 is a joke to me.
Kap rated as highly as he is a not far behind.
As for Bradford/Foles discussion it depends what criteria they used to form the list. If it is performance then it would be almost impossible to have Bradford rated that highly and ahead of Foles because the guy is just not on the field. If they are rating potential for this next season then he should be ranked ahead of Foles. There is no way Foles can match Bradfords skill level.
Not bashing on Foles, he just does not posses the skills Bradford does. But, thats ok.
For everything "has everything" #1 starting pitcher on an MLB team that makes $18M a year and is on the DL all the time there are a couple of solid #3 starters that win 15 gams a year and give their team 200 innings. There is more than one way to win.

FRO

Legend
I don't disagree with the list, although it's pretty meaningless. Foles will have his chance to prove people wrong. I just am not sure if this line will give him a fair chance to show up.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Steven Ruiz has a list.

Here's how much that matters:

It doesn't.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
All I can say is that IMO Matt Ryan is incredibly overrated and Blake Bortles will outperform his number

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Can't agree with the Bradford breakdown... especially the pocket awareness number.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
All I can say is that IMO Matt Ryan is incredibly overrated and Blake Bortles will outperform his number
I made a bet with my buddy $50 that Blake Bortles will go over 4000 yards this year and Julius Thomas will go over 1000.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Wow, a nobody pundit got a listing wrong? It must be a day that ends with y.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

I don't know. Dude is durable and consistent.

image.jpg1_zps4k4jmjuq.jpg