USA v Scotland

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
I know none of you guys are into "soccer" but our two great nations are going head to head in a friendly match this Saturday in Jacksonville. You are all the enemy now until Sunday :twisted:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
It's cute when you think you have a chance.

Just adorable. :love:

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
:lmao: it's our national sport, and guys who aren't hard enough for hockey or football play for you. Don't let our small size fool ya, you're going to get thrashed.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Let's pretend for a second that you're right and Scotland DOES win.

. . . . .

. . . . . . . . .

. . . . . . .

. . . . . . . . . . . .

That was fun. Now let's return to reality. :razzed:

steferfootball

Starter
ScotsRam said:
:lmao: it's our national sport, and guys who aren't hard enough for hockey or football play for you. Don't let our small size fool ya, you're going to get thrashed.
The sad part is that we will beat you at your game. :razzed:

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Jacksonville, FL? That is only a little over an hours drive from here. I might have to think about taking that in.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Ramhusker said:
Jacksonville, FL? That is only a little over an hours drive from here. I might have to think about taking that in.

Yeah, I assume so. We will be the team that's winning. Watch out for the tarps :ww:

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
ScotsRam said:
Ramhusker said:

Yeah, I assume so. We will be the team that's winning. Watch out for the tarps :ww:

Scotty,

Are you talking about "tarps" covering the empty seats?

If so, I believe that only happens at jaguar games. Monster truck and Lynyrd Skynyrd Tribute bands regularly sell out in Jax.

I hope soccer (Euro Football) does't drop down to jaguar status,,, for your sake anyway :razzed:

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Selassie I said:
ScotsRam said:
Ramhusker said:

Scotty,

Are you talking about "tarps" covering the empty seats?

If so, I believe that only happens at jaguar games. Monster truck and Lynyrd Skynyrd Tribute bands regularly sell out in Jax.

I hope soccer (Euro Football) does't drop down to jaguar status,,, for your sake anyway :razzed:

Yeah I was just having a little dig at our NFL opponents, I don't even know if the game is at the Jaguars stadium or if it's elsewhere in the city.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
ScotsRam said:
I was friends with a few Scotsmen, back when I was an undergrad. One thing we would argue about, and it doesn't make much sense to me, is why Scotland and England play as separate teams. I realize that both consider themselves different countries, with different cultures and different historical perspectives. But, it makes more sense to me that the UK combine their strength and play together. I realize that the majority of players would be English, but Wales, N. Ireland, and Scotland might be able to contribute players here and there that could make the difference between England finishing in quarterfinals of the World Cup and going to the finals and possibly winning.

Two of my Scottish friends were from Glasgow. One was Protestant and a Rangers fan and the other Catholic and a Celtic fan. For those unfamiliar, the Rangers/Celtic rivalry is like the Red Sox/Yankees to tenth power. I would go to their house and watch the Ranger-Celtic matches. I think I went there mostly, to stop the two from trying to kill each other. I actually became a fan of Scottish football for a few years there.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
brokeu91 said:
ScotsRam said:
I was friends with a few Scotsmen, back when I was an undergrad. One thing we would argue about, and it doesn't make much sense to me, is why Scotland and England play as separate teams. I realize that both consider themselves different countries, with different cultures and different historical perspectives. But, it makes more sense to me that the UK combine their strength and play together. I realize that the majority of players would be English, but Wales, N. Ireland, and Scotland might be able to contribute players here and there that could make the difference between England finishing in quarterfinals of the World Cup and going to the finals and possibly winning.

Two of my Scottish friends were from Glasgow. One was Protestant and a Rangers fan and the other Catholic and a Celtic fan. For those unfamiliar, the Rangers/Celtic rivalry is like the Red Sox/Yankees to tenth power. I would go to their house and watch the Ranger-Celtic matches. I think I went there mostly, to stop the two from trying to kill each other. I actually became a fan of Scottish football for a few years there.

Well soccer was invented in Britain and for years and years the only people who played were Brits. The only real way to get any rivalry was through playing the other "Home Nations" as they were called back then. It's just tradition now to have our own teams, we always have had. We are having a joint team for the upcoming Olympics but most soccer fans aren't really fussed by that tournament, and it was only agreed that we would enter a British team after FIFA guaranteed that it wouldn't affect the status quo of having our own National teams in the future. As for the Rangers-Celtic thing, it is a stain on Scottish society that the vast majority of us loathe. If it was just about the football it would be alright but there is a lot of bigotry and hate involved. Literally thousands of Irish Catholics and Northern Irish Protestants come over from Ireland/Northern Ireland every week to go to those matches. The religious undertones are ridiculous. There is also serious jealousy involved because those two teams are the only two who are any good, so fans of smaller teams like me just can't stand them!

Sorry for the long winded reply. You're still going to get hammered on Saturday.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
brokeu91 said:
ScotsRam said:

The bolded part answers your question. It's why Northern Ireland and the remainder of Ireland absolutely refuse to join forces with one another. Their cultures are entirely different now, and their history is...well, you know. Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, and England also have separate cultures for very similar reasons. They want to have their own players bring their own country glory. In the impossible event that they play together, recognition for their countries wouldn't happen. Might as well have Canada, Australia, and the United States join up with them if that scenario occured.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Uhm... So... Yeah. :oops:

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
ScotsRam said:
Uhm... So... Yeah. :oops:
Landon Donovan. A few days ago he said he didn't have the hunger to play at his best anymore

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Thought of you last night Scotty :sly:

5 - 1 :lull:

I have a superstition about never talking too much shit about the results of the game before it's over. Maybe you might want to consider that in the future :neener: