Unis... what coulda shoulda been

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dang

Legend
Whether anyone chooses to acknowledge it or not it was 100% guaranteed changes were coming to the uniforms. IMO the colors pop, the segmented horns update nicely and the bone uniforms are very different but growing on me. I don’t know yet about the number font or gradient color but the test will be seeing them during a game. I hated the StLouis blue and gold when it first came out but learned to accept it. This is much better than that.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
60% they hit it out of the park. Mainly the colors.

15% is whatever/blah for me - e.g. numbering

25% huge fail - segmented horns & weak/dick Ram. They fix these two items and I would have been soooo freaking in and supportive of the new branding. Problem is these are two of the most important things.

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
Whether anyone chooses to acknowledge it or not it was 100% guaranteed changes were coming to the uniforms. IMO the colors pop, the segmented horns update nicely and the bone uniforms are very different but growing on me. I don’t know yet about the number font or gradient color but the test will be seeing them during a game. I hated the StLouis blue and gold when it first came out but learned to accept it. This is much better than that.

The colors are popping in their promo graphics, but when i saw the Kupp/fridge thing the aways looked flat. Hope they pop in the lights and in the sunlight, but who knows. (The blue jersey/yellow pants will pop no matter what.)

bluecoconuts

Legend
The colors are popping in their promo graphics, but when i saw the Kupp/fridge thing the aways looked flat. Hope they pop in the lights and in the sunlight, but who knows. (The blue jersey/yellow pants will pop no matter what.)

I saw a video and they definitely popped in the light, they are designed to look better on TV and on the field, so I think they will. So far I've felt they've looked much better in video/motion on real people than in still images.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I saw a video and they definitely popped in the light, they are designed to look better on TV and on the field, so I think they will. So far I've felt they've looked much better in video/motion on real people than in still images.
Hope so.
Little trivia ... when the Rams went with the simple blue and white in the early-60s, they were thought to show really well on television.

On black and white TV which is what most of America had at that time.

By the early-70s, most of the country had converted to color television sets and the classic colors were thought to look boring. The change to blue and yellow came in 1973

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hope so.
Little trivia ... when the Rams went with the simple blue and white in the early-60s, they were thought to show really well on television.

On black and white TV which is what most of America had at that time.

By the early-70s, most of the country had converted to color television sets and the classic colors were thought to look boring. The change to blue and yellow came in 1973
Cool! Never heard that, but that makes complete sense. I bet the all-whites would "pop" (as much as anything could "pop") on the old black-and-white TVs. I bet they didn't wear the dark-blues as the home uniform because the players would sorta blend in with the darker color of the playing field. The all-white would provide a strong contrast.

By the same token, sounds like they did their research about how these 2020 units would look on TV screens, and that will indeed be the best test. It's amazing how much lighting affects everything. I'm mostly ok with how the blue looks on their promo shots-- it seems rich, dark, with subtle shading differences. But in that video with Robert Woods playing basketball in the sunshine, it didn't look quite as good ... seemed a bit faded and washed-out.

Anyway, like others have said, I'll wait and see how they look on TV, and hope for the best. Gotta admit that as each day goes by I'm getting more used to them.

TheBunk

Rookie
Not sure why that small, tiny tweak would make anyone want to buy a new jersey or even new merchandise. The new designs are very much about branding to attract new patrons and not so much about appeasing long time fans.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Cool! Never heard that, but that makes complete sense. I bet the all-whites would "pop" (as much as anything could "pop") on the old black-and-white TVs. I bet they didn't wear the dark-blues as the home uniform because the players would sorta blend in with the darker color of the playing field. The all-white would provide a strong contrast.

Exactly. The Rams almost always wore white at home; and because almost every other team wore their darker colors at home, the Rams sometimes played an entire season only wearing their white uniforms.

The other team that preferred white at home was the evil Cowboys.

When the Rams played in Dallas, they wore blue; and when the Boys came to L.A. they had to wear their blues.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So the Ramirez guy basically put a white face mask on the helmet. That's the only difference I see on the home uni concept. The away looks like our current one, but in Cal colors. Well, color me unimpressed (cwutididthar?)

I think we all need to see the new gear on the feild. That is the only way to really judge these things IMO. I am also in the minority camp of people who think that bone uni is :fire:
So do I I think the Bones are nice too

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
16354D67-99DE-4300-ADE9-314B1DCAFCBE.jpeg
Just gonna have to wear some nice throwbacks cause I can’t see myself wearing that logo on my head. I can deal with the unis but that hat is gonna be last resort for me lol