Uncle Sam Needs YOU!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
@Merlin , @blackbart , @ANYCOASTIE-SQUID out there. You want some more sea time to see the World? Uncle Sam can hook you up!

* Sorry, no more Subic Bay, Merlin.

No subs? No thanks. Too bad they have destroyed our military and infrastructure this bad. Meanwhile our adversaries are building.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
@Merlin , @blackbart , @ANYCOASTIE-SQUID out there. You want some more sea time to see the World? Uncle Sam can hook you up!

* Sorry, no more Subic Bay, Merlin.

I suppose I could tell my wife I'm going to Subic Bay to, uh, play some golf... On second thought I'd like to survive my golden years. :laugh3:

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hey Loyal ?

Was always curious, who is that in your avatar ?
That is my great-great uncle Carl Osborne. That photo is his prisoner photo at Leave worth prison in Kansas. He was convicted for extorting a shop owner in a ring called th Black hands in the early 1900’s.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
That is my great-great uncle Carl Osborne. That photo is his prisoner photo at Leave worth prison in Kansas. He was convicted for extorting a shop owner in a ring called th Black hands in the early 1900’s.
It looked like it was from that Bonnie and Clyde era

was always curious what the story was behind it

Last edited:

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
It looked like it was from that Bonnie and Clyde era

was always curious what the story was behind it
It took a lot of research through news clippings, census reports and online prison records with pictures to get that pic. He died a few months after getting released in Leavenworth, KS. His body was shipped to Plattsmouth, NE which is where a lot of family are from. He was buried at night with no obit in the papers (very odd). I am sure his sister (my great great grandma) had him buried that way. Having your brother die, just out of the Federal pen would have been embarrassing for the family back then (1914).