UCLA

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
Damn, am I the only guy on here that has to endure both the Rams and Bruins efforts to stop a team from running the ball?
Utah has crammed it down the Bruins throats for 342 and the game is far from over. Hard to understand why a college team would have the same exact issues now as they did in 1980, with no fix ever happening.
Why are the Bruins ALWAYS too small and ALWAYS getting steamrolled in the second half of games and seasons? Fucking maddening, even when they play perfect for most of the season, inevitably they shit the bed against a team that can play with power and run the ball. A glaring example would be 1998, when the undefeated and#3 Bruins ended their regular season by letting Edgerrin James gallop for 299. Miami sucked ass that year, and they crushed UCLA, go figure.
The Rams rush defense has never been what I expect it to be since about the eighties, maybe someday we will be consistently stout but I haven't seen it in a long time. Sigh
Rant over....
Until now that the game is over. 3-5? It's a very long stretch away from the Terry Donahue days. While he could never get us over the hump on a national stage, he was a damn sight better than what we've had since. 3-5? Are you fucking kidding me, Mora look out.
You can't reside in LA, with all that HS talent swimming around you, and go 3-5. Straight bullshit.

Last edited:

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
UCLA got the great recruiting boost from Jim Moron, Jr., but forgot he can't coach his way out of a paper bag. Hopefully their next coach is a game time guy first.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
UCLA got the great recruiting boost from Jim Moron, Jr., but forgot he can't coach his way out of a paper bag. Hopefully their next coach is a game time guy first.

You can work with a coach like that. He just has to hire great minds at OC and DC to basically run the offense and defense.

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Reported today on ESPN than Rosen is out for the year now with nerve issues stemming from the injured shoulder. At least he won't be entering the draft now, no way.
Will this season be some sort of blessing in disguise in the long run? Sure hope so. Need to get experience for the rest of the offense and hopefully be ready to go next year. He can't do it alone, that's for sure.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Reported today on ESPN than Rosen is out for the year now with nerve issues stemming from the injured shoulder. At least he won't be entering the draft now, no way.
Will this season be some sort of blessing in disguise in the long run? Sure hope so. Need to get experience for the rest of the offense and hopefully be ready to go next year. He can't do it alone, that's for sure.

He's not eligible.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Defense played Colorado tough....#98 is a beast...I like #42 too....

entrance requirements are too tough...plus SC gets all the good D linemen on the west coast.

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
Defense played Colorado tough....#98 is a beast...I like #42 too....

entrance requirements are too tough...plus SC gets all the good D linemen on the west coast.
UCLA has had a ton of good lineman in the past, but they tend to be undersized. Tired of seeing them completely worn out by about game 8 or 9. Been watching this movie my whole life, the ending is always the same.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Tired of seeing them completely worn out by about game 8 or 9. Been watching this movie my whole life, the ending is always the same.
Yeah....that #47, Vanderhorst. He was supposed to be some huge recruit. Went to ND first, and then came to UCLA...He just looks terribly out of shape...Buddy of mine son played D-Line a couple years back. He's now doing that series on HBO. Not really a SEC type lineman. 6'3 ish, and not a man child type needed to control the line of scrimmage...but they always seem to miss on studs...
Edgerin James game was a terrible memory...I always liked Cade McNown....Gaston Green..that was a truly great game...

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
Yeah....that #47, Vanderhorst. He was supposed to be some huge recruit. Went to ND first, and then came to UCLA...He just looks terribly out of shape...Buddy of mine son played D-Line a couple years back. He's now doing that series on HBO. Not really a SEC type lineman. 6'3 ish, and not a man child type needed to control the line of scrimmage...but they always seem to miss on studs...
Edgerin James game was a terrible memory...I always liked Cade McNown....Gaston Green..that was a truly great game...
Gaston Green, great back. Remember seeing him scoring a TD in the UCLA Michigan game. Was it 87? Was sitting in the end zone right where he scored it, fun.
Foggy memory, but I believe Michigan was #1, UCLA #2. Elvis Grbac was their QB. Probably 95,000 in the Rose bowl that day. UCLA lost the game when Michigans onside kick landed in the hands of their gunner, who caught it on the fly and ran with it into FG range. They kicked the winner as time expired, ouch.
Really thought that was going to be the year.

RamsFlash80

Pro Bowler
Finally UCLA's season is over. Worst season in a long time. Im with you as in football has been torture to me this year being a fan of the Rams and UCLA has been brutal. Im tired of Mora. I think hes the kind of coach that will never get UCLA to anything better than 7-10 wins max and no conference championships (maybe an appearance where we get smashed like usual) or BCS bowls. Hes a good recruiter but it doesnt really show up on the field. His coordinator hirings have been poor lately. He fired the OC Polamalu making him our scapegoat this season. Mora is the guy if were content on going to the Holiday Bowl, Sun Bowl, or Foster Farms Bowl year after year then hes our guy. :cry:

RamsFlash80

Pro Bowler
Seasons over again as soon as it started. I am boycotting this team until Mora is fired. Same issues every single year. Pathetic showing to your home opener. My thoughts above just make me look right after week 1 of this year already. Mora is the Jeff Fisher of college football right now. Embarrassing.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They certainly got their butts handed to them today.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Nice I'm not a fan just watched some of it and they were boring the hell out of me so changed it.

…..

Legend
tamu4.jpg