UCLA 38, Southern Cal. 20

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

TSFH Fan

Epic Music Guy
So this is how the Caleb era ends

Lincoln Riley: USC Will 'Be The Mecca of College Football'

Gaza Strip, Mecca, all the same to Lincoln Riley

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/CFB/comments/17ydyqe/comment/k9tlnnb/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web3x&utm_name=web3xcss&utm_term=1&utm_content=share_button

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/CFB/comments/17ydyqe/comment/k9ttftn/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web3x&utm_name=web3xcss&utm_term=1&utm_content=share_button

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/CFB/comments/17ydyqe/comment/k9ttcky/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web3x&utm_name=web3xcss&utm_term=1&utm_content=share_button

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/CFB/comments/17ydyqe/comment/k9td0b6/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web3x&utm_name=web3xcss&utm_term=1&utm_content=share_button

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/CFB/comments/17yk2hf/comment/k9ttbud/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web3x&utm_name=web3xcss&utm_term=1&utm_content=share_button

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/CFB/comments/17yk2hf/comment/k9ttclu/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web3x&utm_name=web3xcss&utm_term=1&utm_content=share_button

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/CFB/comments/17yk2hf/comment/k9ttbs3/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web3x&utm_name=web3xcss&utm_term=1&utm_content=share_button

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/CFB/comments/17yk2hf/comment/k9ttedf/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web3x&utm_name=web3xcss&utm_term=1&utm_content=share_button

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/CFB/comments/17yk2hf/comment/k9ttj8j/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web3x&utm_name=web3xcss&utm_term=1&utm_content=share_button

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Lincoln lost this team and that's on him. Some dirty rumors out there about Grinch and his selections of players. His best Linebacker statistically and arguably best defensive player Gentry sat while others played poorly. He lost this team and they quit on him especially on D. The O line got worse not better and the model was stamped, to beat SC get to Caleb he can't make enough plays to overcome one of the worse defenses I have seen. Defensive players were said to have admitted they quit watching film. It goes on on, going to be interesting to see what's next

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
I wonder if that will hurt Caleb Williams draft stock any

losing 5 of your last 6 games , although alot of that you cant really put on Caleb Williams , when you have a defense that gives up 50 points a game

was that USC's last PAC 12 game ?

Let me be the first to welcome them to the Big Ten

Go Hawkeyes !!!!

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Caleb Williams played his last college game. Not his fault his HC can’t field a defense.
Accounted for 40 TD and will be 1st QB, and 1st overall player taken

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
I wonder if that will hurt Caleb Williams draft stock any

losing 5 of your last 6 games , although alot of that you cant really put on Caleb Williams , when you have a defense that gives up 50 points a game

was that USC's last PAC 12 game ?

Let me be the first to welcome them to the Big Ten

Go Hawkeyes !!!!

Caleb Williams played his last college game. Not his fault his HC can’t field a defense.
Accounted for 40 TD and will be 1st QB, and 1st overall player taken
I don't think anyone that is actually affiliated with an NFL team questions this. He still threw for nearly 400 while playing off schedule and running for his life. He has made his statement it is now time to watch it unfold.

Last edited:

Tano

Legend
I think Caleb got sacked almost 5 times a game in his last 6 games.

He was running for his life during these games.

Of course, if he could read a defense and not hold on to the ball for 5 seconds each pass play, maybe he wouldn't get sacked all the time.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Let the witch hunt begin, Caleb better watch out he has some critics with a dozen likes hating on him lol. In all seriousness we have a long break until team meetings, combine performance and post season show & tell games. He isn't going to be a Ram anyway

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
It probably won't be Caleb Williams talent that comes into question

it'll be his character and his maturity

and we all know how this works , College football is over in the middle of January , then it's 4 months of non stop predraft coverage

can he command a lockers room , is he a leader , is he a system quarterback, will he be yet , just another ex USC QB , that never quite lives up to the hype

now to be fair

I never follow USC football , but I did a little more year this as their joining the Big Ten next year

is Caleb Williams talented , yes , after that , I got questions

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
He still threw for nearly 400 while playing off schedule and running for his life.
Except that a lot of the late yards were against prevent defense.

It will be interesting to watch how he does in the NFL. I think hes going to have a rude awakening and it will test his mental fortitude. If he stays strong, I think he becomes a real weapon in year 2 or 3.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Except that a lot of the late yards were against prevent defense.

It will be interesting to watch how he does in the NFL. I think hes going to have a rude awakening and it will test his mental fortitude. If he stays strong, I think he becomes a real weapon in year 2 or 3.
Agree, the uber-talented players often fail when their heads aren't up to task and who knows where Caleb lands on that scale? Nothing I have seen has me leaning one way or the other......yet.

Yup he got some late yards but even if it is 100 he still threw for 300 against a great D allowing 219 pass yards per game so perspective is still important. Bottom line IMO which means squat he isn't a fit for McVay but is as talented as I have seen in a long time on the college level

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Going forward USC is in great hands. This coach is going to make them a powerhouse. The model just needs a little revising in ensuring there's enough on that defensive side and more dominance in the lines in general.

As to Caleb I think the lesson is talking him up like he's a cheat code was never realistic. QBs tend to get built up way too much prior to that window where they get drafted, and if/when they do struggle everyone snaps back way too far and act like the guy is garbage but the truth as always is somewhere in the middle. His size worries me but unlike last year's 1 overall his film pops. Problem is that while Young wasn't what I consider to be an explosive playmaker he did have the maturity and intelligence that I'm not sure Caleb has.

So could he be this year's unappreciated signal caller who falls? I doubt that. His film is too good. Too many teams want what he brings. But it is realistic to be concerned with his size and when you consider what the best situations are for him I'd say it's one where he can be parked on the bench like Rodgers was. At least for that first year. Let him see how things work at the NFL level. Let him watch a real pro do his thing in Stafford while he chomps at the bit and waits for his shot. The LA Rams would be perfect for him.

But I doubt he falls to us. If he does then I think McVay takes him, because I figure Alt (early OTs for that matter) will go off the board quickly. By that 10-15 range it's dicey so unless we tank hard the rest of the way I'm not expecting this guy to be in play.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
@Merlin, lets hope what you say is true, I felt that way up to a couple weeks ago. Alumni association isn't thrilled and lots of rumors regarding Lincoln's mishandling of the team and players, from players not being invested and Lincoln losing the locker room. Time off is exactly what this team needs. To me Caleb and a couple others Rice, Lloyd etc were the only ones that cared which IMO is partially the cause for Caleb being emotional.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Literally LOL at the knocks on Caleb
Media has been chomping at the bit to get something on the kid
He's the best QB prospect in years and will be the #1 overall

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
He should just stop playing for USC and move on to the pre draft process. Its literally a waste of his time to be on the field at this point.

Tano

Legend
He should just stop playing for USC and move on to the pre draft process. Its literally a waste of his time to be on the field at this point.
With that defense, it was a waste of time for him to even play this year

oldnotdead

Legend
Of course, if he could read a defense and not hold on to the ball for 5 seconds each pass play, maybe he wouldn't get sacked all the time.

No one believed me when I said a long time ago that Williams can't read beyond 2 so take away his first two reads and he's lost. I said it before and I say it again, the USC offense is very simplistic which is another reason they get beat. It raises legit questions is it because of Caleb (i.e. Kyler Murrayish) or Riley and his OC. Yeah it's going to hurt Williams and Maye and Nix will probably go before Williams.

The bottom line is that Riley didn't do Williams any favors.

Tano

Legend
No one believed me when I said a long time ago that Williams can't read beyond 2 so take away his first two reads and he's lost. I said it before and I say it again, the USC offense is very simplistic which is another reason they get beat. It raises legit questions is it because of Caleb (i.e. Kyler Murrayish) or Riley and his OC. Yeah it's going to hurt Williams and Maye and Nix will probably go before Williams.

The bottom line is that Riley didn't do Williams any favors.
I was saying the same thing about Caleb not being able to read defenses after the first game that I saw Caleb as the USC QB.

However, I also say he has similar athletic abilities to Mahomes and Murray (but taller than Murray). He has a great arm and is extremely accurate.

I think he will be a very good QB in the pros if (and i do stress this if) he takes the time to read films of defenses.

Murray's entire problem is that he plays games instead of film study. I haven't read anything about Caleb and games but I do think he probably parties too much because I swear he doesn't watch enought game film. I could be entirely wrong about that but for him to take forever to read a defense seems to me to be not watching enough film of games or not being able to see what he should see in the film.

At this time he could be one of the greatest QBs in the pros or he could be a huge bust.

His floor and ceiling are that far apart.