U.S. Marshals say they found 39 missing children in Georgia

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I don't know how this isn't leading every single news network.

The U.S. Marshals Service found 39 missing children in Georgia over two weeks in a mission known as "Operation Not Forgotten," the agency announced in a press release Thursday. The operation led to the rescue of 26 children and the safe location of 13 others.

"These missing children were considered to be some of the most at-risk and challenging recovery cases in the area, based on indications of high-risk factors such as victimization of child sex trafficking, child exploitation, sexual abuse, physical abuse, and medical or mental health conditions," the press release reads.

The U.S. Marshals Service Missing Child Unit worked with the agency's Southeast Regional Fugitive Task Force, state and local agencies in Georgia, and the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, a non-profit organization.

Nine criminal associates were also arrested and investigators cleared 26 arrest warrants. Investigators also filed additional charges for alleged crimes related to sex trafficking, parental kidnapping, registered sex offender violations, drugs and weapons possession, and custodial interference, according to the U.S. Marshals Service.

"When we track down fugitives, it's a good feeling to know that we're putting the bad guy behind bars. But that sense of accomplishment is nothing compared to finding a missing child," Darby Kirby, chief of the Missing Child Unit, said in a statement.

"We are working to protect them and get them the help they need," he said.

The USMS said that last year it helped recover 295 missing children and has contributed to the recovery of a missing child in 75 percent of cases. Sixty-six percent of recovered missing children were recovered within a week of the USMS helping with the case, according to the release.

"The message to missing children and their families is that we will never stop looking for you," director of the Marshals Service, Donald Washington, said in a statement.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I was going to post about this too. The silence is deafening. How is this not the top story EVERYWHERE.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
Child trafficking is a major issue, so gutted by this.

oldnotdead

Legend
A year or so ago I was having breakfast at my usual coffee / Deli "lounge" in Popotla (great coffee & wonderful omelets) and I shared a table with another American who turned out to be a US federal officer who had come to Mexico tracking 2 American teens kidnapped and taken to Ensenada for the sex trade. The story he told me flashed back to me when I saw Last Bood a few months later. He said it was the drug cartels sideline business almost as lucrative as the drug trade because it is lower cost and less risk = bigger profits. Americans are the primary customers for high-end brothels and these Americans turn a blind eye to the girls they "hire". I asked them if he got the girls and he said only one of the ones he came down for but 3 others he didn't know of. He said the other girl committed suicide about a month after she was kidnapped.

He was angry because apparently the girl asked multiple American men to help save her and they simply ignored her. These crimes exist because of the complicity of the male customers. It's no different in Thailand and other Asian countries. There are legal brothels in the US but Americans would still rather pay 2-3 times as much to do it with a sex slave be it here in the US or Internationally.

May any man who participates burn in hell for all eternity. I do believe in a form of Karma. Yep, put them in a male prison to become someone's night bitch. It happens as I've known enough ex-cons who have confirmed it.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
For those of us with young children, excellent news. How isn't this a top story on every major news outlet?

oldnotdead

Legend
For those of us with young children, excellent news. How isn't this a top story on every major news outlet?

Because then the obvious question would be who are the Johns. It opens a whole can of worms that Americans refuse to face. We are not supposed to be the bad guys. This doesn't fit anyone's agenda so it's not newsworthy. It will only if one of the Johns is discovered to be someone notable. Then and only then will it get the coverage it deserves. The case I outlined in my post never even made it into social media much less the news agencies. It's like it is today, if it isn't video'd then it never happened it shows how there are some very scary things deeply rooted in our society that neither left or right will touch unless it benefits them. Until they know it does then they bury it and ignore it.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Because then the obvious question would be who are the Johns. It opens a whole can of worms that Americans refuse to face. We are not supposed to be the bad guys.
I don't think I've ever read a statement that was so wrong in my life.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Thank God, those children are now safe.

I still can't help but feel physically sick, due to the fact, that this even happens to begin with.
Its so fucking frustrating.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
I don't think I've ever read a statement that was so wrong in my life.
Not sure your intent there @OldSchool but @oldnotdead has a good point. It always bothers me that big media has an agenda. If it doesn't fit their agenda it will not be published or buried deep within their archives. What happened to media that reported unbiased news?

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I'm just glad that the kids are safe.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not sure your intent there @OldSchool but @oldnotdead has a good point. It always bothers me that big media has an agenda. If it doesn't fit their agenda it will not be published or buried deep within their archives. What happened to media that reported unbiased news?
Maybe I just see too much of the wrong news but everywhere I turn it's media telling us how bad America and Americans are.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Maybe I just see too much of the wrong news but everywhere I turn it's media telling us how bad America and Americans are.
You also do have to wonder if the reason it is not getting the press is because the narrative is that law enforcement in America is evil and busts like this really doesn't fit in with that.

Sorry - but I'm really pissed at what does and doesn't make the "news". It's disgusting really.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You also do have to wonder if the reason it is not getting the press is because the narrative is that law enforcement in America is evil and busts like this really doesn't fit in with that.

Sorry - but I'm really pissed at what does and doesn't make the "news". It's disgusting really.
I think you just hit on it there. It is sickening to see politics affecting the basic human decency violations that are happening all around us.

Also irt the sex trade industry there's a big difference in the how/why the victims become victims. You have the bad end of things where there are kidnapped children, which is about as evil as evil gets and IMO is where most of the efforts should be devoted. But you also have adult girls in many of the poor asian countries sold to the industry (they sign a contract for X years) in order to go make money for the family and eventually (so they hope) find a husband who can help support the family.

I have a lot of friends who are married to or who spent time as sex workers overseas. Most are asian (Filipino & Thai) however a few of them are eastern bloc which is also a big exporter of young attractive females.

Either way the older I get the more negative I feel about the world at large. There are some things that simply need to be bigger than our political bullshit.

Tano

Legend
And then there is kraft who is getting off scot free even though he was one of the johns

quebecramfan

Rookie
I don't know how this isn't leading every single news network.

The U.S. Marshals Service found 39 missing children in Georgia over two weeks in a mission known as "Operation Not Forgotten," the agency announced in a press release Thursday. The operation led to the rescue of 26 children and the safe location of 13 others.

"These missing children were considered to be some of the most at-risk and challenging recovery cases in the area, based on indications of high-risk factors such as victimization of child sex trafficking, child exploitation, sexual abuse, physical abuse, and medical or mental health conditions," the press release reads.

The U.S. Marshals Service Missing Child Unit worked with the agency's Southeast Regional Fugitive Task Force, state and local agencies in Georgia, and the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, a non-profit organization.

Nine criminal associates were also arrested and investigators cleared 26 arrest warrants. Investigators also filed additional charges for alleged crimes related to sex trafficking, parental kidnapping, registered sex offender violations, drugs and weapons possession, and custodial interference, according to the U.S. Marshals Service.

"When we track down fugitives, it's a good feeling to know that we're putting the bad guy behind bars. But that sense of accomplishment is nothing compared to finding a missing child," Darby Kirby, chief of the Missing Child Unit, said in a statement.

"We are working to protect them and get them the help they need," he said.

The USMS said that last year it helped recover 295 missing children and has contributed to the recovery of a missing child in 75 percent of cases. Sixty-six percent of recovered missing children were recovered within a week of the USMS helping with the case, according to the release.

"The message to missing children and their families is that we will never stop looking for you," director of the Marshals Service, Donald Washington, said in a statement.

Because all cops are bad... Didn't you get the memo??!!
Shame that we don't hear more about the good these men and women do for us and our countries

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
This S@#t has been going on for years,Hell when I was at Stl Today posting, I would post a link for Sugar Hill church on 20.

They had volunteers that would go down to ATL and rescue the kids.Dont know why but ATL has been a hub for sex trafficking for years.

And yes they find out you're a child molester in Prison ,they'll kill rape you etc etc. Most those pervs go into protective custuty.

Personally I think if you're convicted of selling, making anyone a sex slave, especially a child You should be burned at the stake in Public.