Tweaks to the offense with Foles

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

WestCoastRam

Legend
What kind of tweaks do you think we might see to the offense with Foles at QB now?

1) At 6'6'' he'll be able to find Tavon much easier over the middle on drags and posts. I do thing this was an issue the last two years. Tavon's never gonna be great not-getting-pushed-around- going across the middle but they'll be slightly more opportunities for it.

2) Will we see more shotgun play-action passing? Haven't seen much film on the guy turning his back towards a defense.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
simplicity. I'm want more play action and quick huddle. we have every bit the offensive weapons he had in philly his pro bowl year. so if they're smart they incorporate some of what he did there

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Well he is mobile and is not afraid to run, so maybe some read option. We ran one read option play with Clemens at Qb.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Yeah he can move around in the pocket pretty good and get out and run when he has too. Throws pretty well on the run when hes rolling out to his right.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
He's "mobile" enough, that and Weinke has worked with mobile qbs recently which helps.

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
I just want one major tweak: him under center for 16 games, that's a big enough tweak for me(n)

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
I wouldn't say he's a dual threat, but he's definitely mobile imo. Surprisingly so considering his frame.

Somewhat agree. He's not a statue, and can move around the pocket.

When someone says mobile QB, I think pocket mobility and scrambling ability. But he's a much better QB when he can be a statue because his mechanics seem to go downhill when he has to move.

If Foles is scrambling, something is going wrong.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Without even thinking of Foles, all I want is for Fisher, Cignetti and Wieke to figure out ways to score more.... period.

Please... if we can get to ~21 points per game, we should be a really good team.

This is, of course, assuming the defense comes out strong and the offense also clicks out of the gate.

Simply cannot have a repeat of last year... on either side of the ball.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I need to see Foles in action before I form an Opinion, what I hear sounds good But I haven't watched him much! YET!!!!

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
He ran the ball 57 times in 2013, tenth in qb attemps for that year. He can be a running weapon. I'm not saying it should be a focus, but an option.

V3

Hall of Fame
The fact that he's 6'6" and actually uses the pump fake makes me think we'll see fewer balls batted down at the LOS. That'll be nice.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I don't think we want to see him using his legs much. Keep in mind, Sam was actually pretty nifty on his feet when he used them. How'd that work out? I agree that the height should help him in the pocket and I think he is smart enough to get out of trouble here and there. Now that he is a Ram, I just hope he gets some good help on his mechanics and turns out to be a total stud.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
Without even thinking of Foles, all I want is for Fisher, Cignetti and Wieke to figure out ways to score more.... period.

Please... if we can get to ~21 points per game, we should be a really good team.

This is, of course, assuming the defense comes out strong and the offense also clicks out of the gate.

Simply cannot have a repeat of last year... on either side of the ball.
This wasn't even the biggest issue in my opinion. We win at least 3 more games if we took care of the ball better. Just cut down on INT's.

tklongball

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Foles actually runs the ball pretty well when the play breaks down. Seems to keep his eyes downfield. When he runs, he gets the available yards and gets down. But he is surprisingly quick and shifty for a tall guy.