Trent Richardson benched by Colts

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
A lot of people were very unhappy that Snead and Fisher didn't make the deal the Colts did to shore up an obviously poor rushing attack. Some posters on the web said they were irresponsible for not getting in the mix and at least trying to put together a deal.

Imagine if they had made that trade, it would have cost them a shot to get a star talent in the draft and in return they would be benching a guy who can't even manage 3 yards a carry and would be dead money when cut at the end of the season. Not to mention how would they have fared with him rather than Stacey and Cunninham?

This was a good no-move.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
A lot of people were very unhappy that Snead and Fisher didn't make the deal the Colts did to shore up an obviously poor rushing attack. Some posters on the web said they were irresponsible for not getting in the mix and at least trying to put together a deal.

Imagine if they had made that trade, it would have cost them a shot to get a star talent in the draft and in return they would be benching a guy who can't even manage 3 yards a carry and would be dead money when cut at the end of the season. Not to mention how would they have fared with him rather than Stacey and Cunninham?

This was a good no-move.

Yup. I had thought Snead should have been asked why he didn't pursue TRich. Not that he SHOULD have traded for him. Just wanted to know his thinking. As it turns out, assuming he knew about TRich's availability which isn't certain, Snead was thinking correctly.

I remember Balzer jumping all over the Rams for not going after TRich. But the H man wasn't alone.

jap

Legend
Yup. I had thought Snead should have been asked why he didn't pursue TRich. Not that he SHOULD have traded for him. Just wanted to know his thinking. As it turns out, assuming he knew about TRich's availability which isn't certain, Snead was thinking correctly.

I remember Balzer jumping all over the Rams for not going after TRich. But the H man wasn't alone.

It's nice to get constant reaffirmations that our coaching/administrative brass know what the hell they are doing.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Stacy>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Richardson

Pead?

I was on the fence about getting Richardson in the draft, not because i ddin't think he was talented or anything, but cause we still had SJax and had bigger needs. If we had grabbed him i would of understood, as i thought he was going to be good.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah he was on record I remember. I knew about TR from people back home in CLE. He was being out worked and out produced by his backups. Same thing the Colts just found out.

They were desperate when their guy went down with a RG3, and they shouldn't have pulled the trigger on that deal.

The good news is that the Rams might be seeing both of the Browns first rounders so that they can target a QB because if they land a good one they are in the mix in their division for the next few years with BAL and PITT declining. If the pick is a top 5 you know the Browns will be calling.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
It's nice to get constant reaffirmations that our coaching/administrative brass know what the hell they are doing.

That's an excellent point. The fact that it happens often enough to be discussed is a refreshing change in itself isn't it.......

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
That's an excellent point. The fact that it happens often enough to be discussed is a refreshing change in itself isn't it.......

Yup. It's the subtle things like that. Devaney was ok with the top rounds. He really only missed on JSmith and that was a horrible year to have a top 5 pick. Bradford, Saffold, Laurinitas, Quinn, and Kendricks were fine picks. He just stunk it up big time the rest of the way. And it's hard to rebuild at a quick enough pace when you do that. But Devaney was head and shoulders above the stooges before him. Devaney was actually good enough to maintain the GSOT if he was GM from 2000 on.

But Snead is looking like he is a top tier talent evaluator. We haven't had that since DV.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron

He's been horrible, look at my new post i posted right before seeing this lol

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
It's funny cause Brown has 7 carries for 5 yards and TRich has 3 carries for 13. Not sure i would trust either to be the bead back next year. Though Brown has had a few good games.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max

I'm not sure what you mean. Please explain this.... "they seem to take a buy high attitude to developmental talent."

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
They should bench Luck, he stinks. Can't throw a pass downfield since Wayne went out/

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
I never wanted him on the Rams, but I will own up and say I thought he'd do a lot better than he did with an actual QB in front of him like Luck.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max

Quick is the only real reach. They've drafted about 15 players, and only Quick was a long term project.

So I think you are stretching.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron

-Quick was a reach yes, but one they viewed as a long term project
-Pead was viewed as 3rd, so they grabbed him at #50 to make sure they didn't miss out on him since they were picking in the 2nd half of the 3rd.
-Austin had a great chance to be grabbed by the Jets at #9, hence why we moved up to grab him. And sighting where a player was ranked months before the draft doesn't help your cause. Players move up and move down from the combine and pro days leading up the draft. I didn't think he would be taken that high either.
-TJ was viewed as a 3rd-4th round prosepct, so they grabbed him because they liked him.

Everything is in hindsight. Geno Smith seemed like a steal in the 2nd. No reach there. Milliner seemed like a top CB, he has sucked so far. Kyle Long was a reach that paid off big time.