Should We Trade Todd Gurley ?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
giphy.gif

Reddog99

Pro Bowler
I say wait and see what he looks like with a good OL blocking for him. It would suck to let him go and eat the dead cap only to see him return to 2017-18 Todd behind a good OL for a different team. Probably wouldnt happen with the Dolphins but you know what I mean.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
why would any tem trade for Gurley with his contract and injury history?

He's ours

always hopes & dreams. Why ?? Gurley still might have something left in the tank. Who knows?? I just think it helps The Rams in the long run. Need some kind of cap relief.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
always hopes & dreams. Why ?? Gurley still might have something left in the tank. Who knows?? I just think it helps The Rams in the long run. Need some kind of cap relief.

Which trading Gurley will not provide. The cap hit from trading him would be $7.4 million additional in 2020, plus paying somebody else for that roster spot. And even last season he was valuable, just not as valuable as before.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Even if trading him would save money, we would need to give up a decent draft pick just for a team to take him on. Thinking the Dolphins would give us even a 7th round pick for him is a stretch IMO. More likely we would need to duplicate the Brock Osweiler trade from Denver to Cleveland.

We'd be better served on putting our resources toward a time machine so that we can go back and not extend him. It's a particularly tough subject for me because before any of this happened, once the Rams were a good team in the midst of 2017 I realized we needed to let him go. It was the smart decision.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So a fan post from turf show times is posted as evidence of a rumor we are trying to trade Gurley and to back it up a tweet from the same fan site is posted? Might as well say any of our fan mocks here are fact and they’re what the Rams are doing for their offseason and we have the evidence!

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
why would any tem trade for Gurley with his contract and injury history?

He's ours
A team with a crazy amount a cap who is willing to absorb his money for an additional pick. The browns did it with Brock Oswieler. For the record I think he can still be a fine running back with a good offensive line. Even if he isn't the old Gurley anymore

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Gurley' going nowhere. The Rams are just gonna have to suck it up and make it work for a couple more years. Maybe he can return to form? Maybe not. But the cap hit means they just have to cross their fingers and hope it was the line more than him.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
So a fan post from turf show times is posted as evidence of a rumor we are trying to trade Gurley and to back it up a tweet from the same fan site is posted? Might as well say any of our fan mocks here are fact and they’re what the Rams are doing for their offseason and we have the evidence!

There is no truat all .
Just a topic saying Trade Todd Gurley.

That is a personal belief I think The Rams
Should consider. It is a salary dump to start
fresh & keep building within.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Gurley' going nowhere. The Rams are just gonna have to suck it up and make it work for a couple more years. Maybe he can return to form? Maybe not. But the cap hit means they just have to cross their fingers and hope it was the line more than him.

I think it is a combination of both. Gurley still has game , but not a cowbell back. Maybe it is just him having to cut down on the wear & tear.
The offensive line will get better, just from depth & injuries alone. Add the youth
and full offseason of OTA’s and camp.

Never say never though. Examples are Ogletree & Quinn 2 solid Rams over there years.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I don’t agree with trading him yet, if we could even find a partner with his stock so low.

Regardless, trading him to the Dolphins just seems sort of fucked up. Gurley deserves better than that.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
No mention of the shitty run blocking by the limp dick OL. Put it all on Todd Gurley's bum leg.

Lossing Saffold was a
Mistake from what we saw this season.

Then again when Tannehill had to go back & pass Saffold wasn’t Quite as good. Tannehill and it up taking a beating from
KC !!!

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
There is no truat all .
Just a topic saying Trade Todd Gurley.

That is a personal belief I think The Rams
Should consider. It is a salary dump to start
fresh & keep building within.
How is it a salary dump? What’s the net salary cap affect of Gurley getting traded? There have been countless discussions on this topic for a year now. Presenting the article and later the tweet is pushing the article and evidence it’s credible when it’s a fan based opinion blog post.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
It's a particularly tough subject for me because before any of this happened, once the Rams were a good team in the midst of 2017 I realized we needed to let him go. It was the smart decision.

LOL

Todd Gurley might have had something to do with the Rams being a good team in 2017, right?

Funny post