OLD THREAD-Trade (speculation) Matt Stafford

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Detroit wants to trade Stafford. Should the Rams offer Wolford and a 3rd round pick? We need someone who will challenge Goff.
Other teams will most likely offer much more; and the salary cap implications to the Rams would not allow it.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I think Stafford may end up a Colt. He will probably be released if they can't make a trade.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
Sounds like he's gonna get dealt to the Whiners or Pats. As long as neither one of those teams are getting Watson im good.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
Is it me or once both parties announce they have agreed to part ways. Your hand is kind of played. Now I know Stafford is way more talented at this point than Newton but won't teams just wait til you release him and the teams that will jump in that want him badly may offer something but not two first or anything like that. I know it's Detroit but it would be so dumb now to announce that and then ruin there obvious rebuild by just holding on to him. Won't be a good look at all if you hold him hostage even if you are the lions. Once you announce that my point is you just kind of devalued him. I'd be shocked if they got 2 firsts or even one unless it's like someone on the bottom end of the 1st round. Not even talking about rams here just that mutual announcement usually indicates if no takers we releasing so even a taker will lowball.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I think Stafford may end up a Colt. He will probably be released if they can't make a trade.

Thought the Colts are a good match too, would rather it not be San Francisco as to New England if they get him I had nothing against Stafford unless he becomes a 49er or Patriot, my wife thinks Stafford is a jinx and is not capable of being a winner, kind of the way I felt about Phillip Rivers, who IMO, gets far to much credit for never winning a big game in his life.

Zodi

Hall of Fame
Stafford has a history of injuries. The whiners have an issue with injuries. Seems like a match made in heaven. I'm sure Donald would much rather have a statue at QB to deal with than another mobile guy.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
If the Rams go in another direction at QB I believe it will be someone who offers the ability to run and offer an RPO. Again I believe they will draft that QB in the 3rd Round and it will be Jamie Newman, but maybe they have bigger plans, however, IMO, not Stafford.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
Who would trade two firsts for Stafford? You gotta be seriously desperate to do that. At least Adams is a top player at his position.
He is but he's also a safety and we know how devalued those are in comparison to the QB. I don't think Stafford would be cheap he's a veteran QB who we know is capable, not necessarily capable of carrying a team to victory but put him on a stellar defense with a few weapons on offense and you could do worse. Hell Dilfer won a SB.

Memphis Ram

Legend

If Stafford is released without any type of compensation, the new GM will be back working with the Rams under a new name. That is, if he can get out of the state alive.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Detroit wants to trade Stafford. Should the Rams offer Wolford and a 3rd round pick?

download (4).jpg

Malibu

Pro Bowler
Stafford is overrated. What has he won? What's the logic to have a QB who expects to start makes no sense.

Juice

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Stafford will probably go to another organization and do well. It sucks that he had to spend his career up to this point there. Just not a good organization. He will do well in Indy or New England. Just doesn't make sense for us or him to go to the Rams. He needs to start, not competing for a starting job. Am I alone in thinking that Wolford couldn't challenge Goff enough?

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
I like Stafford and I think the Lions are a black hole that devours talent. I think he could have a Tannehill like rebound with a team that has a strong running game. He gets in trouble trying to do too much. If he had a good ground game and D, I think he could do serious damage. I don't think he's high on the list for the Rams, but they'd be dumb not to check what the compensation is, imo.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Several things.

Brad Holmes is running things in Detroit now, so we shouldn’t expect any more stupid personnel moves from the Lions. If Holmes is willing to trade Stafford away there must be a reason. Beware.

Stafford is hardly immobile. He’s no Lamar Jackson, but he is mobile as needed.

Stafford is only 32. That’s not old for a QB, especially if he’s in a friendly system run by a very adept O mind (like Shanny, for example?). Might be able to play and play well for the right team for another 8-10 years.

Having said all that I don’t see him as a Ram solution.

gogoat1

Starter
Name
Troy
Stop it, just stop it. These "trade" threads are almost as bad fantasy football "who should I start" threads.

Goff did not lose the game, even if he was not 100%. The Rams had their best player, Donald on the sidelines most of the time. Rams have no true deep threat. I mean, a bunch of really good receivers but no one who teams are afraid of running past their defense over the top. And out best receiver was on the bench anyway.
The Rams #1 defense simply could not stop the Packers from running the ball down our throats. And if you can not stop the Packers running game Aaron Rodgers will win every singe time.
The Rams did not fully commit to the run and that is McVay,s fault. He has a problem.
Its about the O ine for the Rams. Always is as the offensive line is the single most important unit on any football team.
And no, I do not want ANY running quarterback like Houston,s on the Rams.
Aaron Rodgers is the model for the perfect quarterback IMO. A true big time passer who can run enough when needed.