Total Access - 32 in 32: St. Louis Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

News Bot

01001000 01101001
Name
News Bot
03:10 – Warren Sapp and Willie McGinest debate if the St. Louis Rams have done enough to succeed in the NFC West.

[nfl]0ap2000000214679[/nfl]
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/0ap2000000214679/32-in-32-St-Louis-Rams" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-t ... Louis-Rams</a>

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I don't know why Sapp is surprised that Kendricks is listed as the FB or why he's wondering what kind of team we're going to be (2-back or 3-wide). We haven't head a true FB on this team since Karney in 2010. In 2011 we used Chubby D, and last year we used Kendricks. Pretty clear we're using move TE's instead of 2 backs.

fun watch! lol most analyst have no faith in the Rams but with a gut feeling I think were gonna explode with awesomeness this year :D

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
I always like to listen to Sapp because then I know what not to believe.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
X said:
I don't know why Sapp is surprised that Kendricks is listed as the FB or why he's wondering what kind of team we're going to be (2-back or 3-wide). We haven't head a true FB on this team since Karney in 2010. In 2011 we used Chubby D, and last year we used Kendricks. Pretty clear we're using move TE's instead of 2 backs.
Sapp isn't very good.

biggame1190

Starter
Name
CB
Kendricks will be the FB in situations where we need a lead blocker but I see our base offensive set being 2 WR, 1 RB, and 2 TEs (one on left, one on right). And I think thats how we maximize our talent. Kendricks was beginning to be a big 3rd down target for Sam late in the season last year. While we will use Kendricks as FB when we need the formation, we will see plenty of Kendricks at TE.

Basically we will not be a base offense of I-Formation team. And there is nothing wrong with that. Hell we weren't last season either, hence why Brit Miller became expendable.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
X said:

Sapp was a great DT, but I can't stand him as an analyst. I get it, if you're not a Ram fan and you don't know the team you're probably not going to think much of some of the young, unproven guys. Come September these guys will find out just how good some of these young kids really are. Can't wait for the crow eating. :doink:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I wouldn’t say more pass happy, but it’s definitely going to be a different offense. I think if you look at the speed we have now compared to the speed we’ve had in past years, we have significantly more speed this year. Obviously with Steven gone, we don’t have a big, physical running back. The running backs we have now are a little smaller, but they’re quicker in space. I don’t know if it means if we’re going to throw the ball more. I’d be fine with that. I would definitely think we’d probably move more to the one back world, spread people out. I think that’s probably the direction we’re going.

-- Sam Bradford

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
X said:
I wouldn’t say more pass happy, but it’s definitely going to be a different offense. I think if you look at the speed we have now compared to the speed we’ve had in past years, we have significantly more speed this year. Obviously with Steven gone, we don’t have a big, physical running back. The running backs we have now are a little smaller, but they’re quicker in space. I don’t know if it means if we’re going to throw the ball more. I’d be fine with that. I would definitely think we’d probably move more to the one back world, spread people out. I think that’s probably the direction we’re going.

-- Sam Bradford

And I think that back is going to be Zac Stacy most of the time. Not saying Pead or Richardson won't see plenty of carries but I feel a "Zac Attack" coming!

As for Sapp and McGinnis, under impressed to say the least.

A55VA6

Legend
I understand the concerns at RB and all that. But I think this team will be good this year. If our defense can continue where we left off last year, and our offense becomes more explosive and puts points up... we could win alot of games.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
K - seriously. Do we really think these guys do ANY kind of in depth analysis on TEAMS in the NFL? I loved Warren as a player but do I give two shits about his take on offensive formations and personnel decisions? Helllll no. If he was even a MLB, I might give him some credence here. But - and no offense to DTs as the great ones study their position and what they need to do - he has VERY limited knowledge in the make-up of an offense.

So what is safe to blather about? A team that hasn't done much to earn your limited attention span? I think not.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
Classic national TV BS broadcasters who don't do their homework on teams not named 49ers, Pats, etc. They make assumptions off of lack of exposure to the team, which in turn leads to terrible insight for fans who know anything about the Rams. Just my 2 cents

nighttrain

Legend
X said:

-- Sam Bradford
not pass happy, but I'm with the pass first crowd. We have a lot more talent on the offensive line, giving SB more time. I can see a lot of Tavon coming
train

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

the "huge" hole by the departing sjax was one that the rams wanted. sjax doesn't fit in their plans for rb. they want pead to run the show and brought in a mini sjax in stacy to do the inside running when needed. don't any national talking heads ever listen to what fisher has to say?

A55VA6

Legend
kurtfaulk said:

the "huge" hole by the departing sjax was one that the rams wanted. sjax doesn't fit in their plans for rb. they want pead to run the show and brought in a mini sjax in stacy to do the inside running when needed. don't any national talking heads ever listen to what fisher has to say?

Agreed. Steven just doesn't fit this roster anymore and it was time to move on and re-unite when he retires.

bluecoconuts

Legend
A55VA6 said:
kurtfaulk said:

Agreed. Steven just doesn't fit this roster anymore and it was time to move on and re-unite when he retires.

Yep, that's the case... I, like most Rams fans, will always love Jackson and appreciate what he did for this team, but the time was right. He deserves to chase that ring, and we need to go in a new direction.

But if the Rams reach the promise land before he retires, I'm still going to laugh a little.

A55VA6

Legend
bluecoconuts said:
A55VA6 said:
kurtfaulk said:

Yep, that's the case... I, like most Rams fans, will always love Jackson and appreciate what he did for this team, but the time was right. He deserves to chase that ring, and we need to go in a new direction.

But if the Rams reach the promise land before he retires, I'm still going to laugh a little.
Yeah, I'll probably laugh and shake my head a little. There'd probably be alot of memes of Steven after that. lol

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
A55VA6 said:
I understand the concerns at RB and all that. But I think this team will be good this year. If our defense can continue where we left off last year, and our offense becomes more explosive and puts points up... we could win alot of games.

Sick logo man!!!!!

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
kurtfaulk said:

Exactly.

I don't want to diminish SJ's contribution... because let's face it; for many years he was THE MAN in St. Louis. The face of our franchise. I will always be grateful for the 9 years he fought proudly in Blue and Gold.

But to your point; the team has reshaped. The structure is different today. I have no doubt the Rams are completely comfortable with what they have at RB right now (with the only exception being experience blocking).