Top 10 Most High-Powered Offenses in NFL History

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
Maybe they will have to re-do the list after the 2018 Rams. :sneaky:

Awesome to see GSOT #1. But it was equally cool seeing the old 1950 Rams make the list!

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Maybe they will have to re-do the list after the 2018 Rams. :sneaky:

Awesome to see GSOT #1. But it was equally cool seeing the old 1950 Rams make the list!
I thought of Dave (1950 Rams)

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
Yeah the 1950's Rams were a bit before my time but I certainly heard a lot about our Quarterbacks Norm Van Brocklin and Bob Waterfield (amazing the Rams had TWO excellent Pro Bowl caliber QBs and Jeff Fisher couldn't find one in 5 years.....)
Elroy "Crazy Legs" Hearst and Tom Fears were dangerous Wideouts and Jon Arnett could run and return kicks so we had weapons everywhere. (Well, everywhere except Tight End which has always been a perennial Ram weakness).

At any rate the Rams in the 50's put up points and yards by the bunches. Must have been a fun team to watch.

~ArkyRamsFan~

TSFH Fan

Epic Music Guy
greywolf2155 2 points 6 months ago

And the funny thing about this list is . . . only 2 out of the 10 won the Superbowl (NFL Championship, for the '50 Rams). In fact, a lot of them got blown out in the game they lost. We can break it down:

10) '94 49ers, won the Superbowl 49-26

9) '11 Saints, lost in Divisional Round 32-36

8) '81 Chargers, lost in Conference Championship 7-27

7) '50 Rams, lost the NFL Championship Game 28-30

6) '83 Redskins, lost the Superbowl 9-38

5) '84 Dolphins, lost the Superbowl 16-38

4) '98 Vikings, lost in Conference Championship 27-30 (OT)

3) '07 Patriots, lost the Superbowl 14-17

2) '13 Broncos, lost the Superbowl 8-43

1) '99 Rams, won the Superbowl 23-16

There's probably a moral to this story . . .

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/7jhd21/top_10_most_highpowered_offenses_in_nfl_history/

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
Loyal Ram tried to tease us with his post and you just give it right up.

Much appreciated. :D
I know. Sorry ‘bout that. :whistle:

I should have had “spoiler alert” at the top of my post.

:rant:Yeah that....or just shut the hell up!!

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
That GSOT team was the most fun I've ever had as a Rams fan. The 1950 team was well before I was born but I've heard about them for a long time. Over 38 points a game in a league not known for passing. All those weapons. I wish I could seen it back then but that would mean I'm a lot older than I am now. And I'm pretty damn old. :homercrawl:

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
'50 rams scored 466 points in a 12 game season @ 38ppg.

I f that team would have carried over its 38 ppg, it would have totaled 618 for a season.

38 average ppg is mind boggling. No other team is even close.

What most people don't know, and this is a good trivia fact for the bar over beers, is the '50 Rams finnished the season with their 2 QB's rated the highest of all QB's that season. Bob Waterfield started 6 games going 4-2. Norm Van Brocklin started 6 games going 5-1. They lost the championship game to Cleveland, and won it the next season.
GSOT QB's Kurt Warner and backup Marc Bulger also finished the 2001 season being the top two rated QB's in the league. (The year Warner had his hand stepped on)

But here's the kicker. Not only are the Rams the only team EVER in the NFL to finnish a season with their two QB's rated one, two. They've done it twice.

Last edited: