Tokyo Olympics 2020 ... in 2021

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

TK42-RAM

... still not at my post.
No crowds.

Won't be the same -- the Football has started and I believe the Opening Ceremony is Friday night.

Feel for the athletes - comes around every four years (five years in this case) and they don't get to showcase their talent in front of fans.

Anyone have any sports they're looking forward to watching?

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Oooh can't wait for that pole vaulting! Seriously I'll watch the soccer and gymnastics. Every time I see the Russian gymnastics team I think of Black Widow and the red room for the training lol.

My favorite part tho is the parade of nations. I hope it isn't reduced this year, but I bet it is.

Go Murica. Go India. Get that bronze! #babysteps

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm an Olympic Junkie so this is great for me for the next few weeks. I can do without the protests. The fans missing from the areas is a huge disappointment. Love hearing the roars from the crowd.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Listening to the National Anthem for Kalisz (gold) and Literland (silver). Amazing!

TK42-RAM

... still not at my post.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Watched the surfing, skate boarding , interesting additions. Probably enjoyed the skate boarding more than I thought , looks like a dangerous pastime … many of them hit the concrete hard.

… watching the Aussie Boomers in the basketball at the moment against Nigeria , Patty Mills playing very well.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I watched the Skateboard competition last night too. Everyone of those guys slammed the concrete hard.

I also watched the US Womens Volleyball team smack down Argentina.

Freaking US men’s Bball team may be dying a slow death over in Japan. They lost to France today. Very out of sync so far.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Anyone have any sports they're looking forward to watching?
Um..... Seriously?
khomyakova-and-ukolova_0-1.jpg

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I'm an Olympic Junkie so this is great for me for the next few weeks. I can do without the protests. The fans missing from the areas is a huge disappointment. Love hearing the roars from the crowd.
Yeah... Me too. I watch everything I can. The swimming is one of my faves though.

IBruce80

Tokyo Ram
Great Britain on a bit of a gold rush today.

About to get set to watch Shohei Ono of Japan go all the way for gold in judo.
I used to do judo. My weight category was the same as his for a while, -73kg (also -66kg for a while).
He's probably the best judo player that I've seen.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I watched a bunch of it over the weekend. I liked being able to have so many different options available at the same time. I think there were 4 different channels airing different sports at the same time this weekend. Loved that. I'd switch around and watch some of all of them.

Some of the sports are must watch for me and my boys...

Volleyball. All of it... especially beach. My little sis was an All American in college and her daughter (my niece) has a Volleyball scholarship and is starting college soon. Both my twin sons played in HS and their team lost in the State Championship. They are deadly playing beach. My sis is her local HS' Volleyball coach now.

Table Tennis aka Ping Pong. We recently got a table here at our house and we can't stop playing. All 3 of my sons and I are very good and so are some of our friends. We aren't at the level of these Olympians... but we are way above average. Watching some of the Japanese and Chinese play is humbling. Very fun for us to watch and learn from.

Some of the short track and field races are must see as are the shorter swimming races.

Can't watch for me...

The current US Basketball team. They aren't a team now... just a group of individuals and that's how they're playing. Totally embarrassing.

Any "sport" that has judges giving the scores. That's just not a sport to me. I will watch a little of the women's gymnastics... but as soon as the subjective scores start rolling across the screen I lose interest fast.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Just can't get into the skateboard events so far. Maybe the other event will be more interesting. And I used to go everywhere with my boards growing up

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Australia already has 8 gold medals.

Could be their best Olympics since Sydney 2000 and Athens 2004.