Todd Gurley is built for showtime

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
TG30 is truly showtime , I can see him becoming the face of the NFL very soon.

He has the big smile, hes very humble , he is great off the field.

He is always interacting with other players on social media, he threw an after party for the espys last night , he is on gatorade bottles !

He is truly showtime and he fits LA perfect. So happy hes a Ram !, his story will only continue to grow .

jap

Legend
He's working in the Showtime! city, after all, and we could use all the Showtime! performers we can get.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
He's one cool MFer. Definitely a face of the franchise type RB too, which is a rarity. Rams be loaded in the backfield man.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
I've seen a lot of speculation that when it's 30's turn for contract #2, he would be a cap casualty.

I truly hope not.

He's been a star RB.
He's worked hard to be a better receiver.
He presents himself with class and respect and confidence without being a cocky bastard.
He's clearly a leader.

He seems to have a great sense of humor.

Yeah, I'm all in on TG3II and I bought the damn Gatorade, too.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Meh...

As an RB, terrific.

As a pitchman? Not so much. IMHO.

He’s chill, but his acting... well... he’s no MJ, or Peyton...

Or OJ...

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Now I understand why Gurley regressed in 2016, he needed to lay off those Carl's Jr burgers- I mean sponsors.

Ram65

Legend
I like his pressers. He doesn't worry about the money. Just wants to get better so the Rams can win. He does have a great personality and it shows. Hope he makes lots of money as a pitchman. Could help get him signed to a reasonable deal. He has a great mix of personality and talent.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Him getting all of these dealsshpuld give the rams a home team discount on pay day . Dont think he is this famous if the team is still in STL

Rams need to promote AD more and get him earning money off the field

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
He doesn't worry about the money.

Uh, no.

Gurley says he’s “mad” that NBA salaries are higher than the NFL, says contracts should be fully guaranteed, and suggests players should be prepared to strike in 2021. Gurley’s a great player, but it doesn’t sound like it will be easy to extend him.

I’m more optimistic that Goff might give the Rams a “home team discount” given that Goff has the same agent as Cooks.

https://theramswire.usatoday.com/20...s-todd-gurley-contracts-nba-fully-guaranteed/

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
Uh, no.

Gurley says he’s “mad” that NBA salaries are higher than the NFL, says contracts should be fully guaranteed, and suggests players should be prepared to strike in 2021. Gurley’s a great player, but it doesn’t sound like it will be easy to extend him.

I’m more optimistic that Goff might give the Rams a “home team discount” given that Goff has the same agent as Cooks.

https://theramswire.usatoday.com/20...s-todd-gurley-contracts-nba-fully-guaranteed/

Been paying attention to Gurley since high school and he is definitely a creature of comfort. Todd was naturally shy in high school and it was the same way when he first got to UGA. It's only when he gets comfortable and gets to know the people around him that his personality shows through. I think this will help the Rams sign him cause Todd doesn't like change. He seems to love L.A. and I think, as long as the $$ are somewhat close, he'd prefer to stay there.

Ram65

Legend
https://bleacherreport.com/articles...-nfl-players-are-just-mad-about-nba-contracts
Los Angeles Rams running back Todd Gurley suggested Thursday that NFL players are somewhat envious of the massive contracts NBA players are landing.

When asked about the disparity by Gary Klein of the Los Angeles Times, Gurley said the following: "Us NFL players, we're just mad about NBA contracts right now, that's all. I just want like $80 million. Those guys are getting like $150 [million]. It's crazy. It's insane."

The question about contracts was posed to Gurley due to comments he made in a recent interview with TMZ Sports.

Gurley responded affirmatively when asked if NFL players should have guaranteed contracts. He was then asked what could be done to make it a reality, which led to him saying, "Lockout in a couple years."

The NFL's collective bargaining agreement expires in 2021, and it stands to reason that guaranteed contracts could be among the biggest talking points.

Gurley has two years remaining on his current deal before free agency. He will earn just over $2.3 million in 2018 before making the leap to $9.6 million in 2019, per Spotrac.

The biggest current contract in the NFL is the five-year, $150 million deal with $94.5 million guaranteed that was signed by Atlanta Falcons quarterback Matt Ryan in May, according to Spotrac.

By comparison, Oklahoma City Thunder guard Russell Westbrook is playing under a five-year deal worth $205 million.

Since the richest contracts in the NFL are reserved for quarterbacks, Gurley is even further from NBA money than many.

Falcons running back Devonta Freeman's five-year, $41.25 million contract is the biggest for a running back in the NFL currently.

There's a good chance Gurley will surpass that if he remains healthy considering he finished second in the NFL MVP voting last season, but it may not even be enough to get him a quarter of the way to the salaries of the NBA's biggest stars.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I like his pressers. He doesn't worry about the money. Just wants to get better so the Rams can win. He does have a great personality and it shows. Hope he makes lots of money as a pitchman. Could help get him signed to a reasonable deal.

His agent will do the worrying for him. Dude is gonna get PAID make no mistake. And rightly so.

Ram65

Legend
Uh, no.

When asked about the disparity by Gary Klein of the Los Angeles Times, Gurley said the following: "Us NFL players, we're just mad about NBA contracts right now, that's all. I just want like $80 million. Those guys are getting like $150 [million]. It's crazy. It's insane."

The question about contracts was posed to Gurley due to comments he made in a recent interview with TMZ Sports.

Gurley responded affirmatively when asked if NFL players should have guaranteed contracts. He was then asked what could be done to make it a reality, which led to him saying, "Lockout in a couple years."

He may not worry about it but, still wants his fair share. IIRC he said a while back in a presser that the money will work itself out and he is concentration on getting better etc...this was I think responding to an AD question.

I'm surprised he made these comments because in the past he seemed to stay away from controversy. He really put himself out there about NFL contracts.

His agent will do the worrying for him. Dude is gonna get PAID make no mistake. And rightly so.

No one said he wasn't going to get paid. Do you think Bell and the Steelers not agreeing to a long term deal had some influence on his opening up? Gurley has been a model player for the Rams unlike Bell who has had suspensions.

The problem is going to be how much, for how long and how much is guaranteed? If both sides dig in it could become like Bell and he gets franchise. Hopefully they give him an early reasonable extension.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Last edited: