GAME DAY TNF - Bengals at Ravens

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
That bad call likely changed this game significantly.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I think it’s time for the NFL hire full time refs. I mean how much money does the league make a season. They can’t afford a few more employees? Damn. The fans deserve it!!!
That’s logical, so the fact that they don’t do it makes it seem that they might be using refs to change the outcome.

Ditto for sensors in the ball for accurate placement.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
That’s logical, so the fact that they don’t do it makes it seem that they might be using refs to change the outcome.

Ditto for sensors in the ball for accurate placement.
I’m sure it’s about providing benefits and paying them much more because most of these refs have high paying jobs already. But if the quality stays like this, they will have to do something. It doesn’t seem quite as bad in college. Why is that?

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
AD > Total Bengals Squad
1700191242501.png

Q729

Legend
Down to a one-possession game. I guess it could still be watchable...

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
So much for this being a good game to watch. Prime time games are cursed.
Was it Tony Gonzalez (during the pre-game) that could not get out the word "Opponents"?

After saying 'Oppo' a couple times, he gave-up and actually said 'the people they play against'.

RamFanWA

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
DavidG
If the Ravens put thi8s in the Endzone - that'll be a statement drive.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
The NFL is such a Fabulously, Beautifully BRUTAL experience for its fans.

Every year is such a challenging journey for almost every team.

As Rams fans, it's easy to ignore the pain and suffering of others. Buffalo and Cincinnati were looking to win a Super Bowl just two months ago. Now they are both 5-5; and on the outside-looking-in for the Playoffs, with issues about their super-star-QBs (health for Burrow, performance for Allen) and coaching issues in Buffalo.

The truth is that at season's end, the fans of the Super Bowl Champion are thrilled but even they have been through a gauntlet of challenges.

Don't think so? Go to the Vent Thread after the Rams' winless November in 2021. It's on page 112 of the Forum; and see the anger and despair reflected in so many posts, stating emphatically that the Rams were Toast!
That team then went-on to win 9-of-10 and the Lombardi.

With few exceptions, the fans of every team feel pain of disappointment. Almost all of the 18 teams that fail to make the playoffs are disappointed. Almost all of the 13 playoff teams that lose their final game of the season are disappointed.

The NFL is a Misery Loves Company Sport, with an occasional Great Lifetime Memory. I Love the NFL.

Last edited:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I’m sure it’s about providing benefits and paying them much more because most of these refs have high paying jobs already. But if the quality stays like this, they will have to do something. It doesn’t seem quite as bad in college. Why is that?
This is a multi billion dollar sport. They can’t afford to pay full time refs and provide benefits?

If full time refs keep fucking up calls every game then it starts looking even more suspicious. Especially if they don’t fix the review process. Every play could be reviewed by a crew watching the cameras and instant replay. They could interject on a bad call. It would only slow the game down a little. Fans would rather see cleanly called games.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The NFL is such a Fabulously, Beautifully BRUTAL experience for its fans.

Every year is such a challenging journey for almost every team.

As Rams fans, it's easy to ignore the pain and suffering of others. Buffalo and Cincinnati were looking to win a Super Bowl just two months ago. Now they are both 5-5; and on the outside-looking-in for the Playoffs, with issues about their super-star-QBs (health for Burrow, performance for Allen) and coaching issues in Buffalo.

The truth is that at season's end, the fans of the Super Bowl Champion are thrilled but even they have been through a gauntlet of challenges.

Don't think so? Go to the Vent Thread after the Rams' winless November in 2021. It's on page 112 of the Forum; and see the anger and despair reflected in so many posts, stating emphatically that the Rams were Toast!
That team then went-on to win 9-of-10 and the Lombardi.

With few exceptions, the fans of every team feel pain of disappointment. Almost all of the 18 teams that fail to make the playoffs are disappointed. Almost all of the 13 playoff teams that lose their final game of the season are disappointed.

The NFL is a Misery Loves Company Sport, with an occasional Great Lifetime Memory. I Love the NFL.
MASOCHIST!

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
MASOCHIST!
I know you are being humorous ... which, by-the-way, may Not be your strength.

However, some of my best non-personal life memories (excluding family, friends, achievements and adventures), are the surprise successes of the Rams' seasons in 1973, 1983, 1999 and 2017; and amazing a bunch of fantastic playoff victories ... notably 1974 over Washington, 1976 in Dallas, 1978 over Minnesota (after brutal losses in '74, '76 and '77), 1979, 1983, 1985 and 2018 over Dallas, 1989 upsets in New York and Philadelphia ... and ... well, you get the picture.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I know you are being humorous ... which, by-the-way, may Not be your strength.

However, some of my best non-personal life memories (excluding family, friends, achievements and adventures), are the surprise successes of the Rams' seasons in 1973, 1983, 1999 and 2017; and amazing a bunch of fantastic playoff victories ... notably 1974 over Washington, 1976 in Dallas, 1978 over Minnesota (after brutal losses in '74, '76 and '77), 1979, 1983, 1985 and 2018 over Dallas, 1989 upsets in New York and Philadelphia ... and ... well, you get the picture.
I keyed in on 1973 because that season turned out to be an absolute dud. Even though we had a great regular season and had a better regular season record than the Cowgirls, we had to travel to Dallas and lost to them....one and done after being hyped as a Super Bowl favorite. I actually saw the Browns @ Rams for my first Rams game ever and we won. The next week we were out.

We are fellow masochists...

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I keyed in on 1973 because that season turned out to be an absolute dud. Even though we had a great regular season and had a better regular season record than the Cowgirls, we had to travel to Dallas and lost to them....one and done after being hyped as a Super Bowl favorite. I actually saw the Browns @ Rams for my first Rams game ever and we won. The next week we were out.

We are fellow masochists...
Yes ... kind of goes to my original point that other than the Super Bowl Champions, everyone is miserable.

BUT

The playoff loss was a huge disappointment. I was so frustrated, I said something disrespectful to father.
The ONLY TIME in my entire life; and I am still ashamed of it.

That being said, the 1973 Season was amazing from September through December.
After not making the playoffs the prior three years, and coming-off a sub-.500-year, the Rams were going with their third head coach in a little over two years; and thirteen-year-old me had never heard of Chuck Knox.

Adding to my anxiety and misery was the trade of my favorite Ram (Roman Gabriel), plus the player I thought was their best defensive player (Coy Bacon) and a bunch of new starters on both sides of the ball (some were young guys who had barely played (Hacksaw, Geddes, Brooks, McCutcheon), veterans I knew little about (Stukes, Williams, Jackson, Preece) and some bald-headed-loser at Quarterback named John Hadl.

I have posted numerous times since the off-season that I did not think the 2023 Rams had nearly enough talent to be a good team but I prayed to be completely wrong.

I was completely wrong about the 1973 Rams ... and absolutely thrilled to be wrong. Great Season / Memories.

Last edited: