Titans fire HC Ken Whisenhunt/Colts fire OC Pep Hamilton

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
That team looks better than 1-6 to me on paper. Can't say the same about the Jags or Detroit (although I think the Jags have some good young players - just a bit inexperienced).

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Yeah, he's still Dick Vermeil. Lets not forget that he revitalized two franchises before and after us.
So he's still Vermeil in 1999 if he has the 1998 cast?

Man, I don't think so.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/11/03/colts-fire-offensive-coordinator-pep-hamilton/

Colts fire offensive coordinator Pep Hamilton
Posted by Zac Jackson on November 3, 2015

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznptfmztq4yzjln2vjmwq2yzu4ytg2zwi4mtjkmtmwmdk4-e1420485632325.jpeg
Getty Images

The Colts fired offensive coordinator Pep Hamilton Tuesday evening, the latest twist in a wild and disappointing season.

Former Browns head coach Rob Chudzinski, who’d been working as associate head coach, takes over as offensive coordinator.

“Through the first eight weeks of the season, we have felt our offense hasn’t performed at the consistent level that we need,” Colts coach Chuck Pagano said in a statement. “Because of this we’ve decided to go in a different direction and relieve Pep Hamilton of his duties as offensive coordinator. As head coach of this team, it’s my responsibility to make sure I’m doing everything we can to put us in the best position to succeed. We thank Pep for his service to the team and wish him all the best.”

Hamilton was in his third season with the Colts.

The Colts are 3-5 yet tied for first place in the AFC South. They won both games quarterback Andrew Luck missed due to a shoulder injury but have lost three straight games. The Colts host the Broncos this week before their bye week, so the timing of this is curious.

The Colts rank 20th in the league in scoring, 16th in total offense and 24th in rushing.