'Tiny' Nuclear reactor ?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
'Anyone know just how big a 'tiny' nuclear reactor might be, or how safe or how much power they produce ?

Don't know the 2nd or 3rd questions, but from the comments of the article "This is made to be a direct replacement for a regular boiler used in a conventional power plant that burns oil/gas or coal. These range in size from 27 to 45 feet"

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Don't know the 2nd or 3rd questions, but from the comments of the article "This is made to be a direct replacement for a regular boiler used in a conventional power plant that burns oil/gas or coal. These range in size from 27 to 45 feet"

I wonder if rather than fuel rocket boosters which separate and crash back to earth, can a 'tiny' nuclear powered reactor take a manned rocket to Mars or elsewhere, land, and power a small village on whatever planet ?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I'm all for nuclear power but this seems like it may lead to the local 7-11 having a reactor in the basement.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I do think we need to revisit nuclear power. It just makes too much sense with all the advances. Just not sure having a bunch of "tiny" ones is the answer.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I'm all for nuclear power but this seems like it may lead to the local 7-11 having a reactor in the basement.

Are you kidding, a nuclear powered slurpee with endless refills that might glow a little bit, the company will have to change their name to 24-7.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I do think we need to revisit nuclear power. It just makes too much sense with all the advances. Just not sure having a bunch of "tiny" ones is the answer.

Really depends on the safety factor and how long might be required before they can be rendered inert following years of use.

I understand Bill Gates has also heavily invested in a rival company, it will be interesting to watch how all this plays out.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Really depends on the safety factor and how long might be required before they can be rendered inert following years of use.

I understand Bill Gates has also heavily invested in a rival company, it will be interesting to watch how all this plays out.
Hmmmmmm.... MicroNuke?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Microanihaltion? (Hmmmm... Spell check didn't flag that. Does he already have a trademark on the term?)

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

Merlin, your a funny guy. I don’t know about nothing anymore,but I’m still a Rams Fan who loves people & partying.
I had thoughts on that topic & look back in history & think peace,love & environment. War isn’t cheap,Love the people who protect our country.Looking over seas at Plants & Countries who have them. Then being in So Cal & in front of one of the best Long Board surfing places have a view of whatever those old Azz titties mean to this country & the future of Power?
Those are just random thoughts,but in our history there was a person who had more votes & should have been president. Whoever people want to believe who that person was? So be it.I don’t get the series Chad? Sort of funny in a different way.I do think about Watson or Kraft. Maybe even Big Ben. Does a blow job really count.Score board.
I’m not the judge,but you do have to question the people that do & if they are wrong or right.
We can all play Fantasy & I’m going to have my team again 2022 NFL season.Those are crazy thoughts that have gone through my head.
My head should just explode sometimes. I did own a House in Poland? Well maybe not but paid for & stayed maybe 3 nights there.The Family got told my Vegas they could not each cash $5,000 chips in 2000?
I think maybe they let them cash them,but not again. However how all those chips got cashed & the money of all the others ones got cashed & they money went. Who knows.
I leave Life on the edge ,but a did lose a lot of money against The Rams.If I played the spreed it would have been all winnings though?
Looking back.That being said there was an effect in Poland from that 80’s thing from next door.The Country are letting a lot of people in,but I can’t witness it.I know I could have traveled Europe pretty well though if I had true love.
What I have right now in my life I wouldn’t change for The World. I’m happy in my own shoes.I am totally crazy & twisted ,but imo I’m alright & have been told that I’m a fun guy & good people.
With that I hope everyone has a GREAT DAY. Train camp will be excellent today,but I’m not going. Yesterday was a chill walk through practice & I loved it. Got in late & left early. Knowing what other people saw
& knowing what I saw the 2 days before was a blessing.
The Rams & Mcvay does things right. Ram Players are working there AZZ’s off & was nice to see a relaxing walk through practice on a Hot Friday.
TGIF well deserved & no real injuries.

I did see Top Players hurting.Thanks Mcvay

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
And I'm saying that in a fun way @So Ram . Love yuh brother.
I’m a wild & crazy guy. I can go off into the vortex so easily. It doesn’t take a little nuk either.

Much love 503 have an amazing summer weekend wherever that takes you

ozarkram

Hall of Shame
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Pretty sure I married one of these. (tiny Nuclear reactor) They can be great, but the maintenance jeez and if they meltdown look out. Nobody is safe.