Time has come for LA Rams to extend CB Jalen Ramsey

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I'll be absolutely pissed if we gave up all of those draft picks for Ramsey - who is a cornerstone player worth them - and didn't re-sign him to a "shut-up-and-take-my-money" deal.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
In today's NFL with the greater emphasis on reviewable pass interference I believe a true shutdown type corner, the rare cover guys who can stick on a wideout without too much hand play, is the hardest commodity to find.

So yeah not signing Ramsey would be a tragedy for us.

Conversely btw signing Littleton would demonstrate the Rams are not quite on top of their game. Because IMO it will be an Ogletree type mistake of paying for a guy who has too many flaws when it comes to stopping the run. Same deal with some others like Brock.

This offseason is going to tell us a lot about our Rams' front office. Confident as I am in them, I do have some doubts.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Lots of time... and Snead-Demoff have given us no reason to doubt them on this move.

They made the trade knowing they needed to sign him... or recoup the value they spent via trade.

Maybe in the past I’d be nervous. But not with these two.

Ram65

Legend
I hope Ramsey is worth the money the Rams will have to pay him. I still question the trade. A newly signed CBA would help this year on his new deal eliminating the 30% year to year pay increase restriction. Rams save much need cap space this year.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I won't sign until my boy Darius Slay is signed! ~Jalen RAMsey

Ram65

Legend

I thought the Rams could save a couple of million this year which could help with the cap being tight.

Making resigning Kupp long term easier would be great.

Last edited:

Ram65

Legend

OK but, Rams can still save money this year on the cap resigning Ramsey with a new CBA. That was my original point on my post. Right now the Rams need the flexibility in the short term.

I get your point that a new collective agreement would have a bigger impact on Kupp's future contract.

MadGoat

Mathematically alive
I'll be absolutely pissed if we gave up all of those draft picks for Ramsey - who is a cornerstone player worth them - and didn't re-sign him to a "shut-up-and-take-my-money" deal.
There's a good chance that the Rams offer that kind of money, but Ramsey wants to be paid like Jared Goff.

Corbin

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK!!
Sorry but I’d like to hear something more commital from Snead.
That tells me negotiations aren’t going well and Ramsey’s camp knows they have ALL the leverage.

Honestly, this is the first big thing I have an issue with Sneads GM history with us. Smh ‍

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
That tells me negotiations aren’t going well and Ramsey’s camp knows they have ALL the leverage.

Honestly, this is the first big thing I have an issue with Sneads GM history with us. Smh ‍
It tells me like with all their previous contract negotiations the Rams front office doesn't do it in the media like some other teams.

Corbin

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK!!
It tells me like with all their previous contract negotiations the Rams front office doesn't do it in the media like some other teams.
No team, and I mean no team talks about everything in the media.

The media is a tool nothing more. Curious we are being linked with concussion prone player in Slay.

Reading between the lines there is nothing close to each other’s camps in negotiation. We have about 2 more weeks so will be interesting.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
No team, and I mean no team talks about everything in the media.

The media is a tool nothing more. Curious we are being linked with concussion prone player in Slay.

Reading between the lines there is nothing close to each other’s camps in negotiation. We have about 2 more weeks so will be interesting.
Agree to disagree then. I think you're assuming a hell of a lot with that comment.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

why only two weeks?