Tiger Woods arrested in Florida on DUI suspicion

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/golf/2017/05/29/tiger-woods-arrested-dui-suspicion/102284558/

Tiger Woods arrested in Florida on DUI suspicion
A.J. Perez , USA TODAY Sports

636316552964830135-Tiger-mug.jpeg

(Photo: Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office)

Tiger Woods was arrested in Florida on suspicion of driving under the influence early Monday morning.

Woods was booked into the Palm Beach County Jail on Monday at 7:18 a.m. ET after he was arrested by police in Jupiter, Fla. Woods, who owns a home on Jupiter Island, was released on his own recognizance at 10:50 a.m.

The arrest occurred about 3 a.m. during a traffic stop off Military Trail, just south of Indian Creek Parkway, according to Jupiter police spokesperson Kristin Rightler.

Rightler said she didn't know where Woods was coming from or going to in the vehicle and that the arrest report should be available Tuesday. Police didn't specify the chemical or substance that led to the DUI arrest.

No further information was available Monday afternoon from the Jupiter Police Department.

Messages left with Woods' representatives were not immediately returned.

Woods, 41, has struggled in recent years with a bad back. He had fusion surgery on his back on April 19 – his fourth procedure to his back since April of 2014 – and will not play on the PGA Tour this season.

The 14-time major champion and winner of 79 PGA Tour titles has not played since he withdrew from the Dubai Desert Classic on Feb. 3 after an opening-round 77. He’s only made three worldwide starts the past two years.

He wrote in a statement on his web site last week that he remains committed to playing competitive golf.

“As for returning to competitive golf, the long-term prognosis is positive. My surgeon and physiotherapist say the operation was successful. It’s just a matter of not screwing up and letting it fuse,” Woods wrote. “I’m walking and doing my exercises, and taking my kids to and from school. All I can do is take it day by day. There’s no hurry.

“But, I want to say unequivocally, I want to play professional golf again. Presently, I’m not looking ahead. I can’t twist for another two-and-a-half to three months. Right now, my sole focus is rehab and doing what the doctors tell me. I am concentrating on short-term goals.”

It’s not the first time Woods has made headlines for his actions off the golf course. In November 2009, he was involved in a car crash at his Florida home that led to revelations of his extra-marital affairs. He publicly apologized in February 2010 and took four months off from playing competitive golf.

bnw

Pro Bowler
I wonder if he is self medicating with the booze? I wonder if he thinks his pro golfing days are over?

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
Dude has fallen off the face of this Earth. Wth, great golfer and he blew it. Looks like :poop:.

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
All washed up at 41 and to top it all off he's turning into David Guest.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
http://www.cbc.ca/sports/golf/tiger-woods-arrest-1.4135918?cid=Morning Brief 20170519

Tiger Woods attributed an "unexpected reaction" to prescription medicine for his arrest on a DUI charge that landed him in a Florida jail Monday for nearly four hours.

"I understand the severity of what I did and I take full responsibility for my actions," Woods said in a statement Monday evening. "I want the public to know that alcohol was not involved. What happened was an unexpected reaction to prescribed medications. I didn't realize the mix of medications had affected me so strongly."

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
On the Dan Patrick show this morning they were reading the police report. It cited there was no alcohol smell at the scene and that Tiger was cooperative. When he got back to the station he took a breathalyzer and blew a 0.00.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/30/us/tiger-woods-arrested-dui-new-details/index.html

(CNN)Tiger Woods' 2015 Mercedes-Benz showed signs of "fresh damage" on the driver's side of the vehicle when he was found asleep at the wheel the morning of his arrest on suspicion of driving under the influence, police records show.

New documents released late Tuesday afternoon by Jupiter, Florida, police reveal that both tire rims on the driver's side of the Mercedes had minor damage and the front and rear tires on that side of the vehicle were flat.

Police also observed damage to the bumper on the driver's side, white scrapes and scuffs on the rear bumper, and the passenger side rear taillight was not working, according to the documents.

Jupiter police discovered Woods early Monday on the side of the road, with his car running, its brake lights illuminated and right turn signal flashing, according to the arrest report released earlier Tuesday. He was by himself and wearing his seat belt.

The report said Woods had to be awakened and that his speech was slurred. Woods told police he was coming from golfing in Los Angeles and he didn't know where he was, the document said.

According to the report, he later changed his story and asked how far he was from his house. Woods has a home on Jupiter Island.

The report said Woods also told police he "takes several prescriptions."