Throwback Thursday: Tyoka Jackson

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
C'mon guys, give Jake some feedback, good or bad. He works hard on this thing and he asks really great questions. I have told him that I like to hear the views of old Rams players about the current squad. You should listen to all of his podcasts because we rarely get anyone that spends the time that he does covering the Rams. Tyoka Jackson was a good interview. It will give you a window into the 2001 Rams and the career journey of someone who wasn't the #1 pick overall (often the only guys we hear about on NFLN).

JMHO.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I encourage everyone to listen because @jakebogen95 has an excellent rapport with Tyoka Jackson, who back in 2000 was one of the better free agent signings and I'm sure hiring Lovie Smith as DC was one of the reasons that Jackson did sign with the St. Louis Rams.

I love the beginning talking about Jackson's restaurants in the D.C., area, however, FWIW's I don't like Pancakes and never did. I have a compulsion about my hands being clean and I don't like sticky hands so thus, pancakes is last on my list although I'm not a breakfast guy, but if i do, omelette's are my choice. Also flat crispier waffles are superior to the fluffy Belgian Waffle again not a big Waffle guy, but the crispier the waffle the better, when I do have one, which is not often and that's enough on food.

Enjoyed how Jake found out that Jackson was close to going to Wake Forest over Penn State, however, committed when Jim Caldwell talked to him, who ironically ended up being the Head Coach of Wake Forest in Jackson's Senior Season in 1993 becoming the first African American Head Coach in the ACC. Caldwell was 26-63 at Forest, but had laid the foundation for the School to become more successful, in which, his successor, Jim Grobe became of of the Prominent College Head Coaches in Wake Forest history.

In the 2001 Super Bowl the Rams went with Rod Jones at RT over Ryan Tucker because Jones played really well in the playoffs, however, Jones missed the block on Mike Vrabel that led to the interception that should have been called back because Vrabel hit Warner in the head, but Tucker was hurt most of the year and thus they went with Jones. I'm glad that Jackson brought up the TE missed the block on Vrabel because Jones did block down on that play, but obviously we could go on and on about that Super Bowl and kudos to @jakebogen95 for having Tyoka extrapolate on that game, but Aaron Donald would have been the guy to have on that team because Jackson & Young were overachievers, but Donald is a Super Star.

Anyway great interview and I'm looking forward to the one more before training camp as these have been outstanding, thank you again sir.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Air Force requirement, I hear....:rockon:

That's why I always donned the gloves my Ram Brother!
Combat-Controllers.jpg

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
I encourage everyone to listen because @jakebogen95 has an excellent rapport with Tyoka Jackson, who back in 2000 was one of the better free agent signings and I'm sure hiring Lovie Smith as DC was one of the reasons that Jackson did sign with the St. Louis Rams.

I love the beginning talking about Jackson's restaurants in the D.C., area, however, FWIW's I don't like Pancakes and never did. I have a compulsion about my hands being clean and I don't like sticky hands so thus, pancakes is last on my list although I'm not a breakfast guy, but if i do, omelette's are my choice. Also flat crispier waffles are superior to the fluffy Belgian Waffle again not a big Waffle guy, but the crispier the waffle the better, when I do have one, which is not often and that's enough on food.

Enjoyed how Jake found out that Jackson was close to going to Wake Forest over Penn State, however, committed when Jim Caldwell talked to him, who ironically ended up being the Head Coach of Wake Forest in Jackson's Senior Season in 1993 becoming the first African American Head Coach in the ACC. Caldwell was 26-63 at Forest, but had laid the foundation for the School to become more successful, in which, his successor, Jim Grobe became of of the Prominent College Head Coaches in Wake Forest history.

In the 2001 Super Bowl the Rams went with Rod Jones at RT over Ryan Tucker because Jones played really well in the playoffs, however, Jones missed the block on Mike Vrabel that led to the interception that should have been called back because Vrabel hit Warner in the head, but Tucker was hurt most of the year and thus they went with Jones. I'm glad that Jackson brought up the TE missed the block on Vrabel because Jones did block down on that play, but obviously we could go on and on about that Super Bowl and kudos to @jakebogen95 for having Tyoka extrapolate on that game, but Aaron Donald would have been the guy to have on that team because Jackson & Young were overachievers, but Donald is a Super Star.

Anyway great interview and I'm looking forward to the one more before training camp as these have been outstanding, thank you again sir.
Much appreciated man. It was a lot of fun and I'm enjoying the process a lot. I love just learning from these guys.