Three Falcons among top free-agent offensive linemen

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000...gent-offensive-linemen?module=HP11_cp#photo=3

It's a slideshow, don't think it's been posted yet. Look at these mammoths, which one will become a Ram? I like Davin Joseph the best, but with the Bucs salary cap, they will surely re-sign him.

It is a very good year for any team looking for a guard. There will be at least five very good starters coming out of free agency. On the flip side, there are a limited number of tackles and not really any centers that can come in and contribute right away. Here’s a look at my top five offensive linemen expected to be available on the market.

1. Doug Free

The Cowboys were hoping for a right of first refusal clause in the new CBA to protect their interest in Doug Free. Instead, Free is free, and as one offensive line coach said, "That guy is going to be paid." He's only 26 and is coming off his first year as a starter, playing well at left tackle in 2010. He did give up five sacks and had seven false starts last year.

2. Tyson Clabo

The ex-Falcon is a physical right tackle who plays with a defensive lineman's mentality. Any team interested in improving their running game and bringing attitude to the O-line needs to go after Clabo. The 30-year-old tackle did not have a penalty called against him last year and he hasn't missed a start in three years.

3. Davin Joseph

The Bucs want him back. He's a powerful guard who can pass block and serve as a point of attack in the run game. Over the past three years he has only given up six sacks in 39 games.

4. Harvey Dahl

Another Falcon, Dahl is as intense as Clabo and physical with anyone in front of him. Like Clabo, he was an undrafted player who never lost the chip on his shoulder. He has only given up five sacks in his past 43 starts.

5. (Tie) Marshal Yanda and Justin Blalock

Yanda is versatile, playing tackle or guard, and the Ravens want him back. He did give up six sacks last year, but is considered a fine technician. Blalock is the third Falcons lineman on this list and the team needs to get at least one of these guys back. The 330-pound guard never misses a start and had one penalty and one sack last year.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
eenie meenie miny moe.
sign one please for moderate dough.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
StlouisramsX said:
eenie meenie miny moe.
sign one please for moderate dough.
If he hollers, show him the doe.
Then line them up and sign one moe.

There is some serious talent there, but I want a mauler.

If we can run the ball effectively in short yardage and closing out game situations, then my momma says pick the very best team and that team is the Rams.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Could you imagine if some team signed Dahl or Joseph and signed Vonta Leach?

Or what if that team already had a stud LT, bone crushing RT, a legit C, and finesse LG...and a certain RB w/ dreads?

:peek:

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Angry Ram said:
Could you imagine if some team signed Dahl or Joseph and signed Vonta Leach?

Or what if that team already had a stud LT, bone crushing RT, a legit C, and finesse LG...and a certain RB w/ dreads?

:peek:
I can imagine the Rams being unstoppable.