This Year's SB Winner will be.....

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
The Detroit Lions. I am now on record on this day: 10 Oct 2011.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
interference said:
The Detroit Lions. I am now on record on this day: 10 Oct 2011.
Wouldn't bother me none. That Franchise, and their fans especially, are due a Championship.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Calvin Johnson has become the best NFL receiver in the game. Better than Fitzgerald and Andre Johnson. I don't think there's a single corner that can cover him, not even Revis. But I could be wrong there.

Man that guy is talented, Stafford and the Lions success is directly related to him.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
If the Lions went to the SB, I'll root my ass off for them, unless they play Pittsburgh (which likely won't happen). Wow, that just sounds weird.

But right now I think the Ravens are the clear front runner. Sadly.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
What 'bout the Raiders representing the AFC?

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
I'll play along this early, we had a bye week what the hell.

NFC Championship
Packers over Redskins (yea I said it Rexie Lexie almost makes it).

AFC Championship
Ravens over Patriots at Gillette when its -10 degrees.

Super Bowl
Packers over Ravens- McCarthy, Rodgers and Co initiate a legacy.

Lions beat Niners in wildcard though but lose to Pack in divisional. :bg:

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
bluecoconuts said:
Calvin Johnson has become the best NFL receiver in the game. Better than Fitzgerald and Andre Johnson. I don't think there's a single corner that can cover him, not even Revis. But I could be wrong there.

Man that guy is talented, Stafford and the Lions success is directly related to him.

Him and Stafford are just getting started. Thats the scary part. Stafford had all his injury issues the past 2 seasons, but as he gained experience he started forming a better chemistry with Johnson, and that duo has been deadly this year.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
I will add to my prediction... Detroit will BEAT the 49ers in San Francisco in the playoffs, inflicting revenge on Harbaugh for his back-slap earlier this season.

If/When my prediction come true, I'll disclose why I've made it.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I'm picking the Ravens to win it all. I think that they have the defensive line and pass-rushers to make their corners look like they're worth something (although just looking at his stats, Lardarius Webb has been having a monster season). Ed Reed is still an elite safety who commands the secondary with an iron fist, and Bernard Pollard (remember him?) has been a solid pickup.

On offense, even though Flacco isn't a top quarterback, Ray Rice is definitely one of the best running backs in the game. They have underrated receivers in Boldin, Smith, and Dickson, their offensive line has been solid, and I think that their run-first mentality is going to wear teams down.

So, my prediction is that the Ravens beat the Packers in the Super Bowl.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Packers/Ravens would be a good game.

I'd watch that. :ww:

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
X said:
Packers/Ravens would be a good game.

I'd watch that. :ww:
I could see that happening. My only problem is that the Ravens have seemed to struggle with what their identity is, although they still win most of their games.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Hmmm, I said Ravens. Imma changin my vote.

Every recent SB winner has that mojo goin into the playoffs and everything goes right for them.

Who has the mojo this year? I think it's the Saints. But for some reason I think the Giants are gonna win Sunday which will propel them deep into the playoffs, vs. Packers @ Lambeau again. That would be cool.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
I would love to be hip and cool and predict someone out of nowhere, but I just don't see a way that the Packers lose. They'll have home field advantage throughout the playoffs and really are the best team in football. I really can't think of anyone short of perhaps the Saints who could beat them. I gotta go with the Pack to repeat

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I really don't care who it is. I just want the Patriots to get bounced in their first game.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
X said:
I really don't care who it is. I just want the Patriots to get bounced in their first game.
And the whiners.

I'd love for the Rams to start them on a 2 game losing streak to end their season.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
The diff here is that you guys are thinking about this in terms of football. I'm not. I know, it sounds irrational. But I have a theory, and my prediction actually is not based solely on the team's ability to perform on the field, it's based on factors that are entirely unrelated to football. I just don't see any value in any of the other teams winning it all this year, that is, unless I'm overseeing some key variables.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
interference said:
The diff here is that you guys are thinking about this in terms of football. I'm not. I know, it sounds irrational. But I have a theory, and my prediction actually is not based solely on the team's ability to perform on the field, it's based on factors that are entirely unrelated to football. I just don't see any value in any of the other teams winning it all this year, that is, unless I'm overseeing some key variables.
Spill it.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
X said:
interference said:
Spill it.
Bread & Circus my dear friend, that's the purpose of the NFL in today's society. So, when looking at who is going to win, I look at which city has the most psychological impact on the nation. Who cares if Baltimore, Green Bay, etc win this year, these teams aren't really good stories nor do they do anything for the national psyche. Detroit, however, is quite a story indeed.... former power house of industry turned into empty getto regains its prestige with a SB victory... now that's a story that the NFL can milk, as well as politicians and media across the board. Just imagine all the stories that that type of success will generate, and how good the public will feel that the worst of our economic downturn is over with the reinvigoration of Detroit. This is incredibly powerful feel-good material for the public.

Can anyone think of another playoff city that would meet this criteria better than Detroit this year?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
interference said:
X said:
interference said:
Spill it.
Bread & Circus my dear friend, that's the purpose of the NFL in today's society. So, when looking at who is going to win, I look at which city has the most psychological impact on the nation. Who cares if Baltimore, Green Bay, etc win this year, these teams aren't really good stories nor do they do anything for the national psyche. Detroit, however, is quite a story indeed.... former power house of industry turned into empty getto regains its prestige with a SB victory... now that's a story that the NFL can milk, as well as politicians and media across the board. Just imagine all the stories that that type of success will generate, and how good the public will feel that the worst of our economic downturn is over with the reinvigoration of Detroit. This is incredibly powerful feel-good material for the public.

Can anyone think of another playoff city that would meet this criteria better than Detroit this year?
Hmmmm.
m1703.gif

You mean like the pre-loaded red white & blue confetti after SB 36? Hmmmm.
m1703.gif

Or the meteoric rise of the Saints following the rapid descent of the city of New Orleans? Hmmmm.
m1703.gif

Or the kid from the grocery store who exemplified the American dream? Hmmmm.
m1703.gif

No, it's official. Detroit wins the Superbowl. Unless the message we want to convey is "Good triumphs over evil" and the 49ers win the Superbowl on the heels of a barrage of replays of the "back slap" administered by Jim Shwartz. But, that's not big enough in scope, now is it.