They say that a draft yielding 3 starters is a very good draft...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
One of the ways to measure a successful draft in it’s first year, anyway.

Well, by that definition, this “draft” is off to a great start, huh?

We’ve already secured a Pro Bowl CB for a 4th rounder!

Wouldn’t Kiper call that a steal? Mayock say, “Are you KIDDING me”?

If Snead can do anything with our 1st and 3rds, we will have had another very good draft, even though short our 2nd. I, for one, really like our chances. Lol.

Psycho_X

Legend
After getting Peters, if we get a starter with our number 1 pick for the defense wherever it may be I will be pretty happy as long as we retained Joyner and NRC before then. Round out depth and situational players with the rest of the draft and it'll be a great offseason.

nighttrain

Legend
After getting Peters, if we get a starter with our number 1 pick for the defense wherever it may be I will be pretty happy as long as we retained Joyner and NRC before then. Round out depth and situational players with the rest of the draft and it'll be a great offseason.
might get a starter in third round, possible
train

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Yeah they say that. But team fortunes in this league turn on the play of the elite players vice the solid starter types. Last year's draft netted some starters, but the bigger deal was that two of them looked like borderline elites for the future (Kupp & Johnson). Both project very well for next year, and when you look at Everett's ceiling in this particular offense yeah it could end up being a great draft class. Still too early to tell, though, of course.

For this draft they need to open with a day one impact player. IMO that means defense at 23, where there are multiple options who could end up being there. Barring that move down and garner picks.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Yeah they say that. But team fortunes in this league turn on the play of the elite players vice the solid starter types. Last year's draft netted some starters, but the bigger deal was that two of them looked like borderline elites for the future (Kupp & Johnson). Both project very well for next year, and when you look at Everett's ceiling in this particular offense yeah it could end up being a great draft class. Still too early to tell, though, of course.

For this draft they need to open with a day one impact player. IMO that means defense at 23, where there are multiple options who could end up being there. Barring that move down and garner picks.

Let's not forget about Ebukam. I think that he has the potential to be a good starter as well.

nanotech

Rookie
Who can? Ebukam
16cd3091ca042ebc5fd12ce2ac6496f4.jpg
:whistle::LOL:

Attachments

• 16cd3091ca042ebc5fd12ce2ac6496f4.jpg
    16cd3091ca042ebc5fd12ce2ac6496f4.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 61

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

Your totally forgetting Josh Reynolds & his upside. Then again Tanzel Smart was starter.

Samson Ebukham maybe a starter this season ? Rogers practice squad , but once again Snead did wonders with udfa

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Your totally forgetting Josh Reynolds & his upside. Then again Tanzel Smart was starter.

Samson Ebukham maybe a starter this season ? Rogers practice squad , but once again Snead did wonders with udfa

Not to my eye. I like Reynolds' game, but he's a project at this point. We'll see what he becomes. Same with Ebu, who I also like.

Kupp and Johnson both performed at a very good starter level. So they're the ones that have the near-elite tag already IMO.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Not to my eye. I like Reynolds' game, but he's a project at this point. We'll see what he becomes. Same with Ebu, who I also like.

Kupp and Johnson both performed at a very good starter level. So they're the ones that have the near-elite tag already IMO.

That’s true , but Smart started 4 games . He was a big part of the rotation. He did get replaced & was out matched at times.

Everett is going to be a big part of the offense next year.

I hear what your saying, but people started doubting Gurley after his 2nd season. It is usually based on the first 3 years.

I just watched the combines with a couple of these guys. Then watched a couple highlights of Josh Reynolds after McVay talked very highly of him. I think he really likes his TE group going in.
I also think Waldron will work the TE’s in more of the pass plays. They helped out a lot on projection last season.
— will see but those are my thoughts.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I hear what your saying, but people started doubting Gurley after his 2nd season. It is usually based on the first 3 years.

Think we're talkin past each other here a bit. In my first post I tried to point out that the difference makers, the elite guys, are what is important. Finding starters is no big deal since plenty of players start a bit early on but never really amount to much. Ranking a draft you have to go by starters a bit, sure, but mainly it's about the elite players.

Our entire draft aren't going to be elite players. Maybe Kupp & Johnson, since they're close to that relatively, given one season. Maybe Everett. But either way if that draft can produce two great players, which is still up in the air, it's a fine draft.

Re: Gurley, he looked elite in year one, so he was special from day one. And I never doubted him, not once.

Deac

Starter
Name
Sean
Also the fact if we sign Watkins, our second was for him.

1.?
2. Watkins
3. ?
4. Peters

Lookin like a helluva draft if we can capitalize!

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Think we're talkin past each other here a bit. In my first post I tried to point out that the difference makers, the elite guys, are what is important. Finding starters is no big deal since plenty of players start a bit early on but never really amount to much. Ranking a draft you have to go by starters a bit, sure, but mainly it's about the elite players.
Exactly

@Rams43

Wouldn't the number of starters found in a draft be related/relative to the strength of the team they go to? Like, it's gonna be hard for a rookie to go to the...say Vikes or Eagles and start....Same with the Steelers....???

Rams43

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Exactly

@Rams43

Wouldn't the number of starters found in a draft be related/relative to the strength of the team they go to? Like, it's gonna be hard for a rookie to go to the...say Vikes or Eagles and start....Same with the Steelers....???

Of course, Champ.

Still, if the right CB, NT, Edge, ILB, or OL player(s) fall to #23 and #87, we could see a couple more starters from this draft.

There is room for upgrade at all of those positions.

Remember, just last year they found Kupp and JJ in the 3rd round, sooooo...

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
I still think Tanzel Smart lost weight from camp and early in the season. Hopefully he can add "good" size and strength and be a rotational guy for us