The Waltons , Homecoming 2021

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
they've made a remake of the original Walton Homecoming from 1971

or

as it was actually titled

The Homecoming: A Christmas Story

which went on to spawn The Waltons TV show that ran for 9 seasons

and for people my age , it was a big part of their childhood , wither they want to admit it or not , we only had three channels on the TV at the time , so it was pretty hard to miss , even if you wanted to

I was pretty young at the time , and the show didn't hold any interest for me at all at the time , so I never really watched it when it was on , but again , with only three channels on the TV , you knew who the Waltons were

then...........

as I got older , and in the last 10 years or so , I've found a new found appreciation for the show , and now really enjoy it

as I grew older , my love for American history grew as well , especially the depression era 1910 -1940 era , I find especially intriguing , and The Waltons covered alot of that era

The TV show had such a look and feel of that era

so now , I'm curious if this new movie can capture that look , I don't think just the one new movie will come close to capturing the heart and warmth of the TV show , but I'm also curious if it will be able to at least capture the look of the depression era 1930's

or will they simply rely on camera color filtering and crappy CGI

but either way , I'm actually looking forward to this movie , which comes on next Sunday night on the CW

but just in the little promo I've watched , it just doesn't look right , a little to clean maybe ?

a little to new maybe

for better or worse , I'll give it a shot

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkwxZWYqjVw

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oojeQoVedB8

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
IowaRam:

Did you ever see the 1961 movie titled Spencer's Mountain?

It's basically a theatrical version of the Waltons, starring Henry Fonda and Maureen O'Hara; and was based on a novel (largely biographical) written by Earl Hamner who also created the Waltons.

Instead of John and his son, John-Boy ... it's Clay and Clay-boy. The movie is a good all-American wholesome film but with some serious story-lines. Fonda and O'Hara are great, as is old-time Hollywood-star Donald Crisp in his final film role as Grandpa.

If you liked the Waltons, I am guessing you would really like Spencer's Mountain.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yea , I've seen that movie , but it's been several years , I think the last time I watched it . it was on VHS , if thats any clue

Maureen O'Hara , Ive like here in everything she did

this new version , they only have six kids , they seemed to have written Ben out for some reason