The sky’s the limit for what Jared Goff—and the Rams offense—can do in 2018

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
was a sort of argument with another poster, maybe got a time out?
train
I’m not going to get into specifics but we don’t suspend people for arguing with other members. It was due to clear and repeated violations of both the terms here and the overall direction the moderators work to maintain on this board.

As Prime said though - let’s keep this about Goff. I’m pretty tired of the snarky comments directed at LACHAMP - even if he deserves it. ;)

nighttrain

Legend
I’m not going to get into specifics but we don’t suspend people for arguing with other members. It was due to clear and repeated violations of both the terms here and the overall direction the moderators work to maintain on this board.

As Prime said though - let’s keep this about Goff. I’m pretty tired of the snarky comments directed at LACHAMP - even if he deserves it. ;)
meant no ill will towards the Champ, he does like to argue though
train

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Well, that was one fun video compilation.

Several things stood out to me and I thoroughly enjoyed the reminders.

Woods is faster than he was being given credit for.

Everett sure looks like a playmaker in waiting.

Kupp can make some amazing catches, can’t he?

That was a helluva OL last year.

If Goff can pickup this September where he left off that second half of last year? OMG!

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
The Rams’ offense didn’t exactly fly under the radar last year as it scored a league-best 478 points

I think that was total team scoring including defense and special teams.

Writers never look too deep..........I know I know.

From Week 9 on, the second-year pro out of Cal threw 19 touchdowns—the most in the NFL—

very good article, and we all knew that Goff was the real deal..

If Goff can pickup this September where he left off that second half of last year? OMG!

You guys need to stick to the script........Goff has to step up next year. And the Rams won;t win as many games either.

Get with the program!!!!

He's got amazing arm strength

It's not amazing, but it's plenty good enough for this system and good enough to make pretty much any throw. He has above average arm strength but he doesn't have a really powerful arm. Not a popgun either.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
19-3 TD/INT ratio over the last half of the season was very exciting. Our playoff performance wasn't great but I think Goff is going to have a monster year this year. I'm calling 4,200 and 32+TDs as a lock.

I think he's going to go the F off this year. Yards will be way up, like 4500+, TDs will be a little bit higher, but he'll also throw more INTs. Why more INTs? Because he's going to be more confident and daring with his throws, and that will lead to more mistakes but that's ok.

Oh and why not a bunch more TDs? Because I think the run game will be a big focus this year in camp. Rams need to get better mashing it in the redzone and I believe they will.

Dude is going to blow media minds out their ears this season IMO. Scanners style.

Ramzheart

Rookie
We all know the real reason Goff had so much success is because of McVay's coaching, college offense and talking to him through his headset!
It's not like Wentz had a brilliant coach in Pederson or anything and a 2 nd string QB came in off the bench to win the Superbowl! The same said QB that looked horrid in the Rams non-offense!

This is what truly bothered me the most about this season!
McVay was given all of the credit for Goff's success, yet how much credit does Pederson get?!

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
We all know the real reason Goff had so much success is because of McVay's coaching, college offense and talking to him through his headset!
It's not like Wentz had a brilliant coach in Pederson or anything and a 2 nd string QB came in off the bench to win the Superbowl! The same said QB that looked horrid in the Rams non-offense!

This is what truly bothered me the most about this season!
McVay was given all of the credit for Goff's success, yet how much credit does Pederson get?!
I been saying this.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I think he's going to go the F off this year. Yards will be way up, like 4500+, TDs will be a little bit higher, but he'll also throw more INTs. Why more INTs? Because he's going to be more confident and daring with his throws, and that will lead to more mistakes but that's ok.

Oh and why not a bunch more TDs? Because I think the run game will be a big focus this year in camp. Rams need to get better mashing it in the redzone and I believe they will.

I haven't posted about this, but I think Gurley is going to score over 20 touchdowns, maybe 25, and the increase will come from rushing TD's

And "grind in the red zone".

And I think part of that will be McVay not going passpasspass and being balanced in the red zone behind a really good OL with a RB who can get it done.

Goff will get 4100 - 4200 yards, 33 TD's and will throw under 10 INT's. He will not have a sky high completion % some some QB's because he is willing to flush a down into the toilet to avoid a turnover. McVay is big on "take care of the ball" and we know giving away possession

is a path to losing

dang

Legend

Dude is going to blow media minds out their ears this season IMO. Scanners style.
Lets spread the love around a bit. I would like to see a very balanced rushing and passing game. In the rushing game I would love to have a 2nd back really contribute to the game plan vs Gurley going off for 2000 rushing yards and being worn out by end of year. In the passing game I would prefer we had 4 800 yard receivers vs 2 1300 yard receivers.