The sky’s the limit for what Jared Goff—and the Rams offense—can do in 2018

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
To read the rest of the stats click the link below.
https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2018/6/21/17486716/weird-nfl-stats-2018

What a Handful of Odd NFL Stats From 2017 Could Tell Us About 2018
Every season has statistical quirks, but will these teams and players continue their trends or regress toward the mean?
By Danny Kelly

Jared Goff’s second half was probably better than you think.
The Rams’ offense didn’t exactly fly under the radar last year as it scored a league-best 478 points just one year after finishing dead last in the same category. But while Sean McVay and Todd Gurley get a lot of the hype around that offensive explosion (and look, they both should—McVay’s scheme is brilliant and Gurley jumps over people just about every week), we still might be sleeping on just how well Goff played, too, particularly during the second half of the season.

From Week 9 on, the second-year pro out of Cal threw 19 touchdowns—the most in the NFL—and just three picks and averaged 8.18 yards per attempt (sixth). He ranked first in adjusted yards per attempt (9.14) and passer rating (109.4) in that stretch, and led L.A. to a 6-2 finish.

That late-season progression—a result, in part, of Goff getting fully comfortable in McVay’s complex new offense—portends big things. After a full offseason learning the nuances of the playbook and making subtle changes to last year’s successful concepts, the sky’s the limit for what Goff—and the Rams offense—can do in 2018.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwCODsJkdP8

The Rams ran the fastest offense; the Bears were slowest.
As long as we’re talking about the Rams, no team ran its offense at a more breakneck pace in score-neutral situations. Excluding plays run during blowouts, at the end of the half, or in the fourth quarter and overtime, L.A. snapped the ball every 27.9 seconds.

That’s not quite Chip Kelly-type tempo, but it was the fastest in the league—and based on how well it worked last year (plus McVay’s general non-stop, high-energy demeanor), it’s hard to see that changing too much in 2018.

There’s even a chance that as Goff gets more comfortable in the playbook and improves in his ability to diagnose defenses during the pre-snap phase, the Rams might end up going even faster this year.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
with one notable exception
train
He drives me crazy sometimes, but I really love Champ. Have you seen him? I know the last time I looked up his User Name posting history, he hadn't posted since June 5th....Hope he's ok.

nighttrain

Legend
He drives me crazy sometimes, but I really love Champ. Have you seen him? I know the last time I looked up his User Name posting history, he hadn't posted since June 5th....Hope he's ok.
was a sort of argument with another poster, maybe got a time out?
train

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
was a sort of argument with another poster, maybe got a time out?
train
Maybe...He normally get's it from all sides when he posts his views, lol. One thing I like about him is that he takes the criticisms really well...

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The member in question is not here to answer for himself or defend any mockery on your part due to a mod-enforced vacation, so let's not go there. Instead let's talk about the awesomeness of Jared Goff, Sean McVay and the Rams offensive possibilities in the 2018 season.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The member in question is not here to answer for himself or defend any mockery on your part due to a mod-enforced vacation, so let's not go there. Instead let's talk about the awesomeness of Jared Goff, Sean McVay and the Rams offensive possibilities in the 2018 season.
If you read the several posts, you'd see the affection for him that I hold. Thank you for clearing up the reason for his disappearance, which I am gun shy anymore due to the sudden disappearance of DaveFan'51.

Last edited:

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
The pass to Sammy at 5:23 in the video started at the Ram's 24 yd line & was caught at the Giants' 14 yd line. 62 yards in the air. Yeah, Goff has no arm, sheesh....

MachS

Hall of Fame
19-3 TD/INT ratio over the last half of the season was very exciting. Our playoff performance wasn't great but I think Goff is going to have a monster year this year. I'm calling 4,200 and 32+TDs as a lock.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
Watching the highlights vid, it's clear to see where Brandin Cooks fits in this offense. He can catch 62 yard passes with his eyes closed.

MadGoat

Mathematically alive
Kupp and Everett were in so many of those video highlights. Nice job rooks.

MachS

Hall of Fame
The pass to Sammy at 5:23 in the video started at the Ram's 24 yd line & was caught at the Giants' 14 yd line. 62 yards in the air. Yeah, Goff has no arm, sheesh....

62 yards in the air, and it was raining that day in NY. So yea, maybe 67-70 yards without the rain??

He's got amazing arm strength - maybe not on the same level as a few guys, but his accuracy + arm strength combo surely makes him elite.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Meh......he does look good in the throwback Royal Blue though....

3500-FLATBED-TRAILER-01-e1406120959427.jpg