The Saturday Night Conversation Thread: May-09-2020

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Saturday Night Redux...

Continuing our casual offseason vibe; The Conversation Thread.

Think a thread, that goes like a “Chat Room”.

So, why not use the chat room? Well, this isn’t exactly in realtime... Just chime in like you‘ve dropped by a friends house.

It’s random chat. Post whatever. Ask a question. Tell us what your up to. Comment.

BYOB.

Tomorrow we’ll move this to off topic. But for now... It’s Saturday night!

View: https://media.giphy.com/media/aMh59aKR8vjdC/giphy.gif

Rain, cold here... maybe a little snow overnight here in the Northeast...

Got a few beers on the go.

This playing;

So... what you up to?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Been a busy week... Planted a lot of trees and got the cement slab poured and finished for the wife's greenhouse. Spent yesterday weeding at her direction and removing this terrible weed that has big tubers below ground, not sure what it is but it's the fuckin devil I can tell you that. It builds like colonies of these things below ground and crowds out the flowers ugh.

Ah retirement. But now it's time to relax. Will be firing up some bong tokes here real soon and then figure out what dinner project to do. That's always an adventure when stoned. (y)

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Anyone watching Ozark season 3? I'm almost through the season and woo boy there's some pressure cooker going on lol.

Juice

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Boiling a chicken for the dog, and getting ready to watch a film with the wife. We are watching https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5774060/.
I know the plot has been dome more than a couple of times, but the wife just watches suspense and horror.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Anyone watching Ozark season 3? I'm almost through the season and woo boy there's some pressure cooker going on lol.

Not there yet. I’ve heard 3 is AWESOME.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
I have got to admit... I thought this only happened in cartoons. Lol.

View: https://media.giphy.com/media/11XB0sYkytJPNK/giphy.gif

I'm trying to figure out how they even happens. You have to step in the pointy end of the rake. Who commits that hard to each step? Maybe because she was leaning in to pick something up. Hopefully it was the rake, so at least it came to her.

Anyway, I'm fixing to go work on my server. I thought I had the piece of crap working several weeks ago, but it turns out I know less about Linux than I thought I did. Live boot think drives aren't persistent. Took me about three times powering out off to figure that out.

I'm going to wipe the thumb drive and install from the DVD I had to burn (wtf is it 2006 again?). Maybe tomorrow I'll have it running so I can start on all the other crap I have to do after it actually becomes a server and not a very expensive desk ornament.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy

Love Ozark 3, was gladly surprised for new character from Starz Power in "Joseph Sikora" as the son of the KC boss.
Side note looking forward to the spins off (4) from the show Power...

I been over seeding the lawn, adding fertilizer and sprinkled some top soil to a few spots. Then crack a couple of cold beers of course. Stella been in session this month

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
Welp, server was a bust last night. I'm going to get another thumb drive and install from one to the other. This thing has been a huge pain in my butt since I started working on it.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I had a date night with the GF. Ordered take out, had no kiddos, no electronics, and a pre Mothers Day gift for her.

On Ozark...I watched the first two episodes and didn't get into it. Am I missing something?

bluecoconuts

Legend
I had some pretty fun roommate drama, first I've ever had and I'm in my 30's, so late bloomer.

I moved into a single room in a house with 9 people. Not because I can't afford to live alone, but rather because I was tired of living alone and not having people to talk to in this city famous for being anti-social. Luckily the three in the basement are pretty quiet, so I never see them. One is gone a lot anyway.. Then on the main level in the house (3 on each level) I have one other guy with me, since the other guy has been gone since the lockdown staying with some girl, so I'm never bothered by anyone on my level. The upstairs guys though.. They've been fighting a lot, all three of them. Tons of drama (their rooms aren't over mine so no worries about stomping at least).. The fighting eventually spilled over to the point one of them unplugged the internet because the box went through his room for some reason, knocking it off for a few days until the landlord got involved and kicked his ass right out.

So yesterday I just sat there in the living room listening to music, watching most of the house fight, it was great. Landlord came with his smoking hot assistant, guy getting kicked out is yelling, other roommates are yelling, cops show up and they're watching it, while I'm just chilling listening to music higher than giraffe balls watching the entire thing go down.

As far as Saturday nights go.. It was pretty entertaining.