The Rams will still be a good team so relax

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
I understand that there is a lot of turnover and we have lost some important players but that's life in the NFL.

I fully expect this organization to prove the doubters wrong.

This team's success the last few years has been built around its offense.

We still have:

-A young and developing Goff at QB who has shown flashes of being an All-Pro at the position when supported.

-A very good corps of receivers with or without Cooks. Woods, Kupp, Reynolds, Higbee and Everett give Goff a bunch of familiar targets.

-A young and developing OL with a leader at LT.

-A solid RB prospect in Henderson.

So the offense should still be quite good even without Gurley and maybe Cooks.

On the defensive side, there's more turnover but we still have Donald and Ramsey who are elite. We have JJ3 amd some good young players.

Let's see who we draft.

I trust in McVey and Snead.

We'll still be a very good team moving forward.

Name
Seth Griffith
I was thinking the same thing this morning. I seem to remember everyone down on Gurley and his production. I remember several conversations about “body language” as well. Remember, we were a few plays away from erasing 2-3 of our loses last year as well. I want to state a few things.
1. RB’s are a huge part of any offense. We don’t know what we have in D. Henderson, but I’m willing to bet that we will be fine on that front.
2. I think McVay is great at game planning to his talent. We also have an O coordinator now and I think we see some of this new wrinkle come into play.
3. Tyler Higbee...His development and our use of 2 TE’s will continue to be a factor against teams where we see this as a matchup problem.
4. R.E.L.A.X. Not in the same sense as A-A Ron...but good grief you would think the sky is falling. Maybe it’s all of the Corona stress?
1584713666707.png

AlphaRam

Rookie
No first rounder, lost one of the best cover linebackers in football, lost Brockers, lost Dante Fowler and Matthews(19.5 sacks total), unproven at RB, interior offensive line still a weakness, and we went 9-7 last year with all these guys.

Not sure I share your optimism.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No first rounder, lost one of the best cover linebackers in football, lost Brockers, lost Dante Fowler and Matthews(19.5 sacks total), unproven at RB, interior offensive line still a weakness, and we went 9-7 last year with all these guys.

Two years ago Eagles fans said the opposite:

We won the Super Bowl with 8 key players injured. We're going to be amazing next year!

Things aren't always that black and white.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
Still a Rams and still like the team we have. Won’t ever change that and I won’t ever stop thinking there were better ways to work this offseason.

Poppinfresh

Rookie
I understand that there is a lot of turnover and we have lost some important players but that's life in the NFL.

I fully expect this organization to prove the doubters wrong.

This team's success the last few years has been built around its offense.

We still have:

-A young and developing Goff at QB who has shown flashes of being an All-Pro at the position when supported.

-A very good corps of receivers with or without Cooks. Woods, Kupp, Reynolds, Higbee and Everett give Goff a bunch of familiar targets.

-A young and developing OL with a leader at LT.

-A solid RB prospect in Henderson.

So the offense should still be quite good even without Gurley and maybe Cooks.

On the defensive side, there's more turnover but we still have Donald and Ramsey who are elite. We have JJ3 amd some good young players.

Let's see who we draft.

I trust in McVey and Snead.

We'll still be a very good team moving forward.

Counter: We have a quarterback who, after 3 years, still shows flashes of being top 5, but also shows a lot (a LOT) of flashes of being Ryan Fitzpatrick. A POOR offensive line anchored by a guy who's lost 3 steps but is a fantastic locker room presence. An unknown at running back that is likely no better than middle of the road. 1 HOF D-lineman, no good linebackers, 1 seminal secondary talent in a unit led by a guy on his last legs. And our special teams situation is a complete unknown.

"Good" team? I'm thinking 6-10, and that's in a good mood. 5-11 or even 4-12 wouldn't surprise me in the slightest. We're in arguably the toughest division in football and have some tough NFCE opponents this year. Even our two "rando" games got significantly tougher with the Bucs and Bears.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Changes nothing especially with the June 1 designation
Guess I just can't go all in on a contractual issue. I just have to assume they looked at cost/benefit, considered things we know nothing about, etc.... It's not going to change anything so I won't get bent out of shape over it. I've seen so many bad decisions by this team and others, I'm even willing to accept this as a bad decision, shrug my shoulders, and move on.

It's all cool. I know you're a total die hard Rams fan. I guess I don't get this much frustration over the details but I also don't get that wrapped up in them.

Cheers man.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Nice sentiment. But aside from the talent drop overall and lack of draft capital what concerns me is them standing pat on the OL and then creating another hole at RB.

If they get a couple linemen I like in this draft, say Bartch and Hennessy, I will feel a lot better about the OL and offense as a whole. But at this point I expect a reload season and am crossing my fingers that the line will improve.

Another thing that bothers me is Ramsey not being signed. He is going to look around this season and wonder if he wants to be a part of all this and if we lose him there will probably be front office changes. Meanwhile we will be short again next year wrt draft capital.

Not whining here. Just staring at the reality. IMO we still might be a playoff team though so either way I'm gonna get onboard the McVay train and hope we draft out of our minds.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
Guess I just can't go all in on a contractual issue. I just have to assume they looked at cost/benefit, considered things we know nothing about, etc.... It's not going to change anything so I won't get bent out of shape over it. I've seen so many bad decisions by this team and others, I'm even willing to accept this as a bad decision, shrug my shoulders, and move on.

It's all cool. I know you're a total die hard Rams fan. I guess I don't get this much frustration over the details but I also don't get that wrapped up in them.

Cheers man.
My whole thing is I think it was smarter to pay him this year and run him into the ground then move on from him after the season. We incur the guaranteed money next year we can move on from that. So instead we’re paying him this year to not play with a minimal cap savings but we have to replace him so the savings is even less. Couple that with they did the June 1st designation so there is dead money in next year as if we’d kept him anyways. As a businessman this makes no sense how they did it.

rams1fan

Pro Bowler

And quite an unknown at DC

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
It's possible they will be a good team. But the FO has to get a lot better. They can't run a football team like they have the last few seasons with all the rentals and throwing away draft capital. I hope they learned that very few players are ever going to be worth being the highest payed in the league.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
I think our season depends on if the interior of our line hits the weight room. The push was not existent last year.

I'm looking forward to more 12 formations next year. Higbee may be a 1000 yrd TE.

rams1fan

Pro Bowler
I am optimistic our offense can improve over 2019,. Defense I fell will take a step back as our front seven will be much weaker

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
Probably sound like a broken record around here, but my expectations have dropped finding out McSnead don't really value OL. Saffold's tweet bothers me a lot, as well as people saying we couldn't afford him--when what really happened is we prioritized less critical positions. To me, that, followed by the belief we could just pop some JAGs in there, was the critical point precipitating this slide....