The Rams Unspecial Teams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Why even look at our punt return yardage! We know Kupp didn't even return stuff.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
Other than Goff being inconsistent his last 4 games (2 good & 2 bad), the special teams units are trending the wrong way.

A pretty crappy first half of the season for the special teams units is a fact.

Outside of Johnny Hekker we can all agree this has been the worst unit.

McVay and company fouled this up during the offseason.

Maybe this changes in a positive way during the second half of the season if you're a glass half full person.

Until we see start seeing results, this group has been poorly coached and without a major improvement, the Rams will have to cover up this mess with their top flight defense and an improvement from the offense.

Especially an improvement from the struggling redzone offense.

Simply put, there are 8 games left to right the ship with the special teams.

tenor.gif

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Staley was a brilliant hire. Bonamego has been a bust so far. I've been thoroughly unimpressed with him.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I think Bonamego is a one and done hire. He'll be gone this offseason the dude is terrible IMO.

Right now, I hope he is a one-and-done hire. If we didn't have Hekker, we'd have the worst special teams in the league. The decision to put Kupp on punt returns and the lack of use of Calais and Webster on kickoffs and punts respectively (both of whom flashed in what brief time they had) is a fireable offense.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

We all saw how below average his record was with special teams. We hoped for the best but it's proven to be true.

I'll never understand the Kupp experiment as punt returner. Nsimba looks so much better back there.

Opposition kick off returners seem to be making it past the 30 yard line regularly. There was a game where they actually contained the kick off returners really well and stuffed them inside the 20 most of the time. So they can do it but they give up long returns too often.

Juice

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That unit can be expected to have a down year after loosing probably the best special teams coach in the league. I know that Greg "the Leg" might have been asking for too much cash, but his exit cost us in a bad way. It's surprising to me that a good kicker is hard to find. It's not hard to understand why special teams are what they are this year. Maybe more frustrating that they couldn't fill the spots they needed to in a better way.