The Rams' second pick

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/features/rumors

The first pick of the second day of the NFL Draft is always a valuable one, as teams have quite a lot of time to consider whether they'd like to trade up and take one of the players that managed to fall through the cracks in Round 1. The St. Louis Rams have that pick this year, and so in one future reality, they'll be shipping that pick to some team that comes in with a big offer -- and remember, they already have the Washington Redskins' second-rounder (No. 39 overall), so moving back significantly won't be a problem.

While we can speculate all day over who might be interested, it will be largely dependent upon who actually does fall to that spot. But if the Rams keep the pick, who will they take?

One possibility is adding a RB to take some of the load off of Steven Jackson in the short term and take over the duties completely when his time with the club is through. Options in that cohort include Boise St.'s Doug Martin, Va. Tech's David Wilson and Miami's Lamar Miller.

- Tim Kavanagh

rickrawk

Starter
Name
Rick
While I also believe that the first pick on day two of the draft will no doubt be a valuable one, I would prefer not to trade it away.
Damn! The Rams have been so bad for so long now, I would rather see them use these picks to get quality players as opposed to trading for more picks and getting camp bodies, mediocre players, or at best, projects(?).
Sam, Snead, Fisher! Do the right thing.

GO RAMS!!!!

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Well, I kinda like to see the Rams keep this pick and get RB Wilson, LB Brown, or the best DT left. BUT, if a trade is a must, I'd like to see the Eagles be goo goo eyed over a player at that point and give the Rams their two 2nd round picks to move up. I think the Eagles have the 14th and 19th pick of the second round. Then I think the Rams possibly get 3 starters with those 3 picks. A RB at 39, and a DT and OLB with the two Eagles picks. Sound good?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
The Rams need players now. So I'm not sure I like the idea of trading the pick.

But think about this; any trade of #33 likely includes a 2013 first rounder.

In that scenario we'd have 3 first rounders next year and a boat load of cap space. :shock:

superfan24

Starter
CGI_Ram said:
The Rams need players now. So I'm not sure I like the idea of trading the pick.

But think about this; any trade of #33 likely includes a 2013 first rounder.

In that scenario we'd have 3 first rounders next year and a boat load of cap space. :shock:

I know way way too earlier for next year's draft, but does anyone know how deep/impressive next year's draft class is projected to be?

steferfootball

Starter
I've heard it said that #33 is more valuable than #32. Obviously the trade implications of the new three day draft format is good for us.

Apparently we had pretty good deals on the table for Rodger Saffold, but we took Saffold instead. IMO that is the way to operate, trade if you don't like the options. It could mean moving down four or five spots to pick up a third rounder.