‘The playmaker’ schools Blackmon

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
logo.png

http://therightstuff.nfl.com/2012/04/19 ... ent_stream

[nfl]09000d5d8286cd8e[/nfl]

NFL.com’s Gil Brandt mentioned in his Oklahoma State pro day report last month that Justin Blackmon is reminiscent of Dallas Cowboys great, and Hall of Famer, Michael Irvin.

So, when Irvin and Blackmon got together at Boone Pickens Stadium on the Oklahoma State campus to talk some shop, you could imagine the two had plenty to discuss.

Irvin is really quite animated as he provides some lessons in the NFL game for the young and hopeful playmaker.

Here, Irvin demonstrates to Blackmon how to set up defenders for a quick exit, maximizing the run-after-catch play.

[nfl]09000d5d82861ecb[/nfl]

Next, Irvin schools Blackmon on the art of a proper release from press coverage.

[nfl]09000d5d82861c03[/nfl]

Finally, Irvin sits down with Blackmon to find out what the rookie-to-be needs to improve on. Then, the two get on to the important topic of what type of car Blackmon will be driving soon after the draft.

[nfl]09000d5d82862244[/nfl]

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Know what? Michael Irvin would be a damn good WR coach. I don't care much for him personally, but he's pretty freakin' solid, coaching-wise, in those videos. And I always thought he was a huge dude too. If you ever saw him in that remake of The Longest Yard, he's a beast. Then you look at Blackmon right next to him, and there's not a lot of difference. Irvin is a bit thicker, but I'd bet Blackmon could get pretty beastly under an NFL strength and conditioning coach too.

I dunno now..... maybe I'm back on the Blackmon wagon.

Pay no attention to me. I'm all over the map lately.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
X said:
Know what? Michael Irvin would be a damn good WR coach. I don't care much for him personally, but he's pretty freakin' solid, coaching-wise, in those videos. And I always thought he was a huge dude too. If you ever saw him in that remake of The Longest Yard, he's a beast. Then you look at Blackmon right next to him, and there's not a lot of difference. Irvin is a bit thicker, but I'd bet Blackmon could get pretty beastly under an NFL strength and conditioning coach too.

Coach????

Man I was thinking the Rams should bring him out of retirement. Dude has to be pushing 50 and he still looks like he could play a little ball. :cool:

Nah, Im with you. He looks like he could be a killer WR coach. He's just cocky enough to inspire a swagger without being impersonal.

I'd like to see Blackmon add a little beef. He has the frame to do it. He could carry an extra 15-20 pounds of muscle no problem.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The NFL should have an Old-Timers game just like baseball does. Flag or two-hand touch, obviously, but they should do it. I'd love to see guys like Torry and Irvin out there catching balls from Warner and Elway.

bluecoconuts

Legend
X said:
The NFL should have an Old-Timers game just like baseball does. Flag or two-hand touch, obviously, but they should do it. I'd love to see guys like Torry and Irvin out there catching balls from Warner and Elway.

Hockey does that before the winter classic, they have a bunch of retired players from either team play each other in a relaxed allstar type game, it's always fun to see

Man I agree about him being a WR coach, man he's a natural at coaching, I'm shocked he hasn't done it yet.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
X said:

Welcome back. I kept your seat warm.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's as if Playmaker taught Blackmon 10 years experience in 10 minutes. Hey, that goes to show you, the friggin coach has evrything to do with how good your team perfoms. Blackmon was clueless, total rookie when he steps on the field, now, how good can this guy be with the right coach? He's going to be awesome. No Golden Taint fail here.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
X said:

They have that Madden release party thing. Faulk plays in it.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
Angry Ram said:
X said:

They have that Madden release party thing. Faulk plays in it.

Do they push it at all? Or is it just a bunch of guys jogging around?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
X said:

Could you picture all the blown hammies in that game? Would be fun to watch though. The closest I ever got was when a bunch of the Rams played a basketball game against the Cleveland High alumns down in LA in the early 70's.

Speeps

Starter
That was a very good series. Thanks for posting it. If the Rams do draft Blackmon (which I hope) Blackmon will come into the NFL being coached by Michael Irvin, Torry Holt ,and Ray Sherman...Impressive.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
Speeps said:
That was a very good series. Thanks for posting it. If the Rams do draft Blackmon (which I hope) Blackmon will come into the NFL being coached by Michael Irvin, Torry Holt ,and Ray Sherman...Impressive.
I'll be more impressed if he produces, if he can get consistantly open, his RAC's will fill a highlight reel. :bign:

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Irvin wasn't just a physical guy......he was effing smart and there is a reason his nickname was Playmaker.

Not a Cowboys fan.....but he was the real deal.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame

I want to see that too. But you know halfway through the first quarter they're going to start putting the wood on each other.....It's in their blood.

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
Pay no attention to me. I'm all over the map lately.[/quote]
i'm the same way except i'm all over the globe

moklerman

Warner-phile
Are we that deep into the offseason already? Jeez, who dug this thing up? I thought there was something going on with Blackmon.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
Blackmon is a complete idiot, he has so much damn potential to become one of the best WR's in the league. He cant seem to keep his head straight though. Once he gets over being immature he's going to be a very solid #1.