The NFL's offensive iron men of the 2018 season

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
ttps://www.pff.com/news/pro-the-nfls-offensive-iron-men-of-the-2018-season?utm_source=cj&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=cjaff&cjevent=05e70e7ca57911e981b9008d0a1c0e0b

The NFL's offensive iron men of the 2018 season
By Thomas Frank Carr
Jul 12, 2019

Players in the NFL can have their snaps limited for a myriad of reasons. After all, injuries, set rotations or competition can keep a player off the field for hundreds of plays in a given season.

Not the players on this list.

These are the NFL’s iron men, the players who not only played at a high level but also barley missed a snap. To be on this list, the player must have earned a PFF overall grade over 80.0 and played at least 80% of the snaps from the 2018 regular season.

Previously we took a look at the NFL’s defensive iron men. This time we’ll take a look at the offensive skill positions and offensive linemen

jofxrp1xowfhghwwmwbc.jpg

WR ROBERT WOODS, LOS ANGELES RAMS

Overall Grade: 87.9
Offensive Snaps: 1,041

Woods exploded in his second year back in his home town of Los Angeles this past season. The former USC Trojan blew away his career-high grade of 79.1 with an 87.9 overall grade last season and obliterated pretty much every career record he had established. His versatility made him hard to take off the field, with 55.4% of his snaps coming in the slot. As an added bonus, he’s a great blocker; he earned a run-blocking grade of 80.8 last year.

u9zimyycyn9yhboh5ujy.jpg

T ROB HAVENSTEIN, LOS ANGELES RAMS
Overall Grade: 84.3
Offensive Snaps: 1,100

Havenstein earned the highest run-blocking grade of any offensive lineman this past season at 84.5, and his success rate in the run game of 12.73% was the highest among tackles. His 97.6 pass-blocking efficiency was also good for 12th among players at the position.

gynqnodxgpprycnwoart.jpg

Whitworth-Career-Grades-1024x576.png

T ANDREW WHITWORTH, LOS ANGELES RAMS
Overall Grade: 83.1
Offensive Snaps: 1,037

It’s not a huge surprise that both C.J. Anderson and Todd Gurley had success on the ground this past season when you consider that they were running behind one of the best tackle tandems in the NFL. Whitworth’s career is mind-blowing:headexplosion:. He’s a career iron man who has played 900-plus snaps in 12 of his 13 NFL seasons. On top of that, he only has three single-season grades below 80.0.

Last edited:

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Woods is my favorite receiver & as we know we have some good ones. I just see a true complete team player here & a great guy! I hope he remains a Ram until his NFL career comes to a close.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Woods is my favorite receiver & as we know we have some good ones. I just see a true complete team player here & a great guy! I hope he remains a Ram until his NFL career comes to a close.

I gotta admit, I couldn't imagine where the offense would be without Woods. We got the legitimate deep thread in Cooks. The intermediate route runner and hands guy in Kupp. Woods is a blend of both with his skills. Does pretty good with jet sweeps too.