The MCU going forward , whats next ?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Now that Endgame is over and Spider-man waiting in the wings to usher in a new era of the MCU

here are a few of my thoughts on films moving forward

these are the films rumored to be the farthest along in development

Marvel has stated that Norman Osborn will be playing a large part in Phase 4 , and even larger part then Spider-man himself , Norman Osborn has always been my favorite bad guy , even though he was used in both the Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield films, as his character was way underdeveloped and one and done in both films , I mean in the Andrew Garfield film , he didn't even get out of bed ,
confused.gif

but going forward , sounds like Norman Osborn will be a major player throughout Phase 4 , Norman Osborn might not be the global threat that Thanos was , but he still has the ability to screw up alot of peoples lives................lol

if you've watched the new Spider-man trailer , in the scene where Spider-man is taking a selfie of himself while swinging through the city of New York , well , in the background you see them rebuilding what used to be Avengers Tower , which will now belong to Oscorps ,

The Black Widow Film is rumored to take place right after Captain America Civil War and that Taskmaster will be the bad guy ,I might not be all that excited about Black Widow , but Taskmaster , thats a different story , he's always been one of my favorite non Spider-man villains and cant't wait to see him kicking some major butt

with Doctor Strange 2 , Nightmare will be the main villain , so I'm curious if Marvel will go the horror route , Nightmare , like Freddie , can kill you in your sleep

Black Panther 2, I have no clue , I know the director wanted to use Kraven The Hunter in the first Black Panther movie but didn't get to use him , and I don't think they'll get him here either as I think SONY has plans for Kraven , but in Endgame , Wakanda did tease Namor , and in the comics Namor does destroy most of Wakanda , so thats one possibility , although only a slight possibility

The trouble with Namor is , there is a new Namor rumor like every other day , I think every major actor in Hollywood who isn't already in a MCU film has been rumored to be up for the part, so , it's been kind of a wait and see with him

GOTG 3 , probably has me the most excited , first , it's been rumored that Zac Efron has signed on to play Adam Warlock

but what has me the most excited is that Beta Ray Bill is also being reported to be in GOTG 3 , the actual original owner of the hammer Stormbreaker , and a personal favorite of might , been a big fan of Beta Ray Bill and own a signed copy by the arthur Walter Simonson of Thor #337 , which is the first appearance of Beta Ray Bill ,

so if the rumors are true , and if Beta Ray Bill makes his long awaited appearance in GOTG 3 , I'll be as giddy as a little school girl............lol

and Chang-Shi , I am ready for some Marvel Kung Fu action , and most likely a part of the MCU we haven't seen yet

The Eternals , new rumor , Keanu Reeves is set to play the main villain , but thats a pretty new rumor so still taking a wait and see attitude to it

But stuff I have been hearing makes it a movie you might wanna keep an eye on , like both Hercules and a young Odin are both reported to be in the film as well

which brings us to Avengers 5 , I suppose they could continue with the remaining Avengers

but.............

this is just speculation on my part as the movie is still a few years away , and it's not even confirmed

but...........

it's been reported that Marvel has been working on a Dark Avengers film for a while now , which brings us back to Norman Osborn who has rebuilt S.H.I.E.L.D.and has taken on the mantle of the Iron Patriot and assembled his own Avengers team after the original Avengers had been disbanded

And so with the introduction of Norman Osborn in the upcoming Spider-man film, and the new owner of STARK / Avengers tower and with a common theme running through the next 6 or 7 movies , don't be surprised if Norman Osborn becomes the leader of the new Avengers

and what a great way to introduce Venom and Wolverine into the MCU

guess what I'm saying is , the Avengers in the next Avengers film probably won't be the same Avengers that were in the last Avengers film

Welcome to the new MCU

again , this is all rumors and speculations , which is also kind of the fun about watching these movies , is trying to guess what happens next

Welcome to the MCU Norman Osborn

1maGoh

Hall of Fame

That's a huge stretch and the only way it makes sense is that it's the kind of sneaky crap that Marvel would do. However, insanely huge stretch still. This is what happens when you teach kids that every author every for the last thousand years has had a double meaning for every word they ever wrote. An earthquake and whales mean Namor.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
That's a huge stretch and the only way it makes sense is that it's the kind of sneaky crap that Marvel would do. However, insanely huge stretch still. This is what happens when you teach kids that every author every for the last thousand years has had a double meaning for every word they ever wrote. An earthquake and whales mean Namor.
I don’t think it’s a stretch at all. I think it’s a pretty obvious clue, in fact. The Wakandans are worried about “sub-oceanic earthquakes,” and that seemingly irrelevant line makes the final cut in the Endgame movie? That’s no accident, that’s a major hint about what’s coming next.

Atlantis vs. Wakanda? Namor vs. Black Panther? That’s a HUGE storyline with tons of creative possibilities. Book it, it’s gonna happen.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I don’t think it’s a stretch at all. I think it’s a pretty obvious clue, in fact. The Wakandans are worried about “sub-oceanic earthquakes,” and that seemingly irrelevant line makes the final cut in the Endgame movie? That’s no accident, that’s a major hint about what’s coming next.

Atlantis vs. Wakanda? Namor vs. Black Panther? That’s a HUGE storyline with tons of creative possibilities. Book it, it’s gonna happen.
Yea , Wikanda is supposed to be a land locked country

so why give her a line that has to do with the ocean

and with the history of Wakanda and Atlantis

namor126.jpg

that line made it into the movie for a reason , they could have given her a thousand other lines to say , so why use that one

but now.................

will that line ever bare fruit , who knows , Marvel writers love to hide Easter eggs in these films , mostly I think for fan service for those who actually read the books , most Easter eggs go by unnoticed by the general movie goer , I've read there are over a hundred Easter eggs in Endgame , some are easy to find like Stan Lee's cameo , others not so easy , Marvel writers love throwing these kinds of teases in their movies , most end up being nothing more then that , I think the writers just like screwing with us

here's one did anyone notice

The locker number that Ant Mans van was being stored in was locker 616

Those who read the books know exactly what that number means , those who don't probably don't have a clue

well , at least until July , then everyone will know what 616 stands for

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
NEED NOVA MOVIE.
Nova was in the original script of Infinity War , it was supposed to be Nova that crashed through Doctor Strange's roof , not the Hulk

in the beginning of the movie after Thanos decimated Xandar and the Nova Corps , Nova was the one that came to Earth to warn us of Thanos's coming

but after the script went through dozens of rewrites and shorted up , things had to be removed , one of those was Nova

1maGoh

Hall of Fame

It wasn't an accident that they include that line, but the purpose it serves is to show how high strung and tense Black Widow is. There's an underwater earthquake affecting nothing and she's all freaked out about how to deal with it. That's not normal. It also shows how thorough there Wakandans are in their reporting. It also helps show the tension within the team and Okoye's growing frustration.

The whale line shows the eternal optimism of Cap, how the world is changing since the snap, and that Thanos was correct about the consequences of his actions (On a macro scale).

Whales+earthquake != Namor

They might use it that way, explaining the earthquake letter as something Namor or Atlantis has done. However, the logical leap from those two things to Namor is big. The only relation is the ocean. Has the Marvel universe never mentioned the ocean in 22 movie before?

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I’ll be back when ,the Incredible Hulk gets his due and isn’t the weakling that needs a friggin Iron Man suit to function. The Hulk of my youth had almost unlimited strength, because the angrier he became, the stronger he was. I was comic book offended when Thanos brushed Hulk away like a no power, punk. And give freakin Thor back his Mjolnir, for Odin’s Sake!

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Nova was in the original script of Infinity War , it was supposed to be Nova that crashed through Doctor Strange's roof , not the Hulk

in the beginning of the movie after Thanos decimated Xandar and the Nova Corps , Nova was the one that came to Earth to warn us of Thanos's coming

but after the script went through dozens of rewrites and shorted up , things had to be removed , one of those was Nova

Good; Nova is strong enough as a character to get his own movie. Infinity War and Endgame are the wrong movies to introduce a new character.

I’ll be back when ,the Incredible Hulk gets his due and isn’t the weakling that needs a friggin Iron Man suit to function. The Hulk of my youth had almost unlimited strength, because the angrier he became, the stronger he was. I was comic book offended when Thanos brushed Hulk away like a no power, punk. And give freakin Thor back his Mjolnir, for Odin’s Sake!

Did you watch Incredible Hulk, Avengers, Age of Ultron, and Ragnarok? The Hulk you want is in those movies.

Thanos is the strongest being in the MCU to date, across the cosmos. Him beating the Hulk in that fashion makes Thanos even more a legit of a villain (something internet nerds have been complaining about in the MCU for the last decade). It's more of a honor to Thanos, than a dig at Hulk.

RE - Mjolnir...based on your response it seems like you haven't watched Endgame. Go watch it. :cautious:

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
Good; Nova is strong enough as a character to get his own movie. Infinity War and Endgame are the wrong movies to introduce a new character.

Did you watch Incredible Hulk, Avengers, Age of Ultron, and Ragnarok? The Hulk you want is in those movies.

Thanos is the strongest being in the MCU to date, across the cosmos. Him beating the Hulk in that fashion makes Thanos even more a legit of a villain (something internet nerds have been complaining about in the MCU for the last decade). It's more of a honor to Thanos, than a dig at Hulk.

RE - Mjolnir...based on your response it seems like you haven't watched Endgame. Go watch it. :cautious:
I never understood why Thanos was so powerful anyway. Was everybody on Titan like that? Why is he special? They never really cover it; he just kind of is better than everyone else, even when he doesn't have the stones. His sword cuts through something that should be indestructible. His power and his equipment being so powerful doesn't make any sense within the context of the movies. We're just supposed to accept that he's a super bad ass for no reason.

And like LoyalRam said, the more you beat up the Hulk the angrier he gets. The angrier he gets the more powerful he gets. I wasn't aware that there was an upper limit to that. I read World War Hulk (most of it anyway). Nobody stands up to that guy. Nobody in a group stands up to that guy.

Then suddenly all that goes out the window and Thanos is so powerful that the Hulk's infinite power up can't match him? It just seems hollow.