The Last Concert I Saw..

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
@Riverumbbq FREE, OG Fleetwood Mac, Bon Scott AX/DC, Brian Johnson kicks ass, too Trapeze Foreigner etc

I spent so much time at the Palomino Club, seeing Ronstadt a good dozen times plus, a few occasions with Gov. Jerry Brown in tow, ... she almost always had a few famous musician friends sitting in, some from the Eagles or Swampwater, and Emmylou Harris, Jackson Browne, Bonnie Raitt or JD Souther. Other acts at the Palomino I was able to catch on multiple occasions were New Riders of the Purple Sage, the Red Hot Chili Peppers, The Outlaws, Gram Parsons with the Flying Burrito Brothers, the Pretenders, Maria Muldaur, The Marshall Tucker Band, Commode Cody, the Ozark Mountain Daredevils, and others ...
I worked about 2 blocks away so getting tickets wasn't always a challenge, the place wasn't much better than a dive bar and only held like 350 people max, and was almost always sold out. The House Band was always good, the bar had a popular talent night once a week and it often turned into a major jam night with well known musicians taking the stage. The Palomino closed up shop in the late 90's after the clueless heirs of the previous owner appeared to have put all the profits up their nose.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
.. I'm simply jealous

The 70's, 80's music scene around Los Angeles was simply near impossible to beat, unless perhaps you lived in London or N.Y. Many of the great 70's West Coast rock legends took to living in the rustic Laurel Canyon area where they could 'commune' together while writing in peace & quiet while avoiding the cops. I was fortunate to live only blocks away, on the other side of Mulholland Dr., and you never knew who you might bump into at the Laurel Canyon Country Store, ... Jim Morrison once quipped it's "where the creatures meet".
The whole area is all yuppified now, many clueless about the local history.

Last edited:

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
Dream Theater.... Have tickets for Nightwish this Oct. If it happens.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I had to! Guess I got a flight to unknown IL, worth it. I can't make it until Austin TX permanent until 7/1/21 :horns:
This song is beyond words

View: https://youtu.be/-WPJlUjdDwY
View attachment 44122

Ran lights for Struggle at the Complex in Springfield Mo. It was a great show. I've listened to Shooter and Waylon of course but had never listened to his music before. He sounded great, he and his guys were cool to work with and for a small club show it was really cool.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I have tix for Faith No More and System of a Down in Los Angeles. It was originally for May 21 2020. Now it's pushed to late Oct. Man I hope it happens. Neither band does many shows, especially in the states.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Bump :horns:
Screenshot_20210317-073636~2.png

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
He's too good to stop in Austin I see...
I didn't see the entire tour, I saw Tempe AZ first stop and had to somehow get 2 tickets today. I'm taking my nephew for his first concert. I agree why is Austin missing? I don't know bro

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
The Alarm.

Saw the original group twice 1987 (Boston) and 1988 (London). Now, it’s pretty much lead singer Mike Peters with backing musicians, but he still has it.
1E96B85B-8D34-4610-9656-EE10BCFC8AA7.jpeg

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
Last edited:

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
I didn't see the entire tour, I saw Tempe AZ first stop and had to somehow get 2 tickets today. I'm taking my nephew for his first concert. I agree why is Austin missing? I don't know bro
We're smaller than everything there but Lubbock. Lubbock is probably on the way and it's a military town, so he's playing to his kind of people.