The Jalen Ramsey trade is officially done (Revisited)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
All the picks are spent so I think it's pretty obvious to Rams fans we did well if not won outright this trade:

Rams received:

Jalen Ramsey

Jaguars received:

K’lavon Chaisson, Travis Etienne

Traded away 4th round pick and 2 other picks(not acquired from Rams) for: Jordan Smith, Luke Farrell

Side note for the Jags if they didn't dump Ramsey there's a pretty good chance they don't end up picking Lawrence which basically means by losing games they won the deal as well since they now have a guy who could go down as the best QB in their franchise history. I think it's safe to say each side won the trade one of those rare deals that worked out for all parties. Ramsey is obviously happy here he got paid and he went to a franchise that's winning games plus he seems to thrive in our locker room and culture. What are your thoughts?

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Ramsey is obviously happy here he got paid and he went to a franchise that's winning games plus he seems to thrive in our locker room and culture. What are your thoughts?

Ramsey is a game changer on defense and good news is, he's going to be a Ram for awhile so extending also made the deal a plus. Jaguars are now heading in the right direction, but after the Ramsey trade, they've lost a ton of football games, so until the new regime plus the new cast gets them to post season, I give the edge to the Los Angeles Rams.

Zodi

Hall of Fame
It's interesting when you look at these young players with supposed attitude issues and the culture change between teams. Jacksonville has been a dumpster fire for a while now and Coughlin seemed to butt heads with players more often than not. You fast forward to Ramsey being here under McVay and Snead and the dude is seemingly a different person.

I wasnt on board with the trade at first for this specific reason but I was 100% wrong. I'm glad Ramsey is on this team and the draft capital spent has been worth it this far.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
All the picks are spent so I think it's pretty obvious to Rams fans we did well if not won outright this trade:

Rams received:

Jalen Ramsey

Jaguars received:

K’lavon Chaisson, Travis Etienne

Traded away 4th round pick and 2 other picks(not acquired from Rams) for: Jordan Smith, Luke Farrell

Side note for the Jags if they didn't dump Ramsey there's a pretty good chance they don't end up picking Lawrence which basically means by losing games they won the deal as well since they now have a guy who could go down as the best QB in their franchise history. I think it's safe to say each side won the trade one of those rare deals that worked out for all parties. Ramsey is obviously happy here he got paid and he went to a franchise that's winning games plus he seems to thrive in our locker room and culture. What are your thoughts?
No, the Rams utterly destroyed the Jags in this trade.

I think it's very misleading to say "each side won the trade" or "the Jags won the trade as well." No they didn't. The Jags absolutely trashed their franchise, which led to them being so horrifically bad that they were bailed out by the Number One pick.

McSnead make lots of great moves, and a few mistakes, too. But when they make a brilliant move like this, we should give them credit where credit is due.

Jalen Ramsey or

Klavon Chaisson and Travis Etienne?

That trade is so lopsided it's ridiculous.
Snead was brilliant and the Jags got fleeced. Jags shouldn't get "bonus points" for destroying their franchise so bad that they eventually get bailed out with the #1 pick.

Last edited:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This trade is definitely a major win for the Rams. Now go get this dude and 99 that long awaited Super Bowl victory.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
So I guess this means we are officially into the Stafford/Goff debt cycle with no first rounders until at least 2023.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
No, the Rams utterly destroyed the Jags in this trade.

I think it's very misleading to say "each side won the trade" or "the Jags won the trade as well." No they didn't. The Jags absolutely trashed their franchise, which led to them being so horrifically bad that they were bailed out by the Number One pick.

McSnead make lots of great moves, and a few mistakes, too. But when they make a brilliant move like this, we should give them credit where credit is due.

Jalen Ramsey or

Klavon Chaisson and Travis Etienne?

That trade is so lopsided it's ridiculous.
Snead was brilliant and the Jags got fleeced. Jags shouldn't get "bonus points" for destroying their franchise so bad that they eventually get bailed out with the #1 pick.
Sometimes you have to tear down something to rebuild it up properly. Yes they put up with some shit football but the guy(s) responsible are gone and they appear to be headed in the right direction. I don't know any Jags fans that are going to be upset at their current direction. They may not be winning but compared to where they were 2 or 3 years ago this is clearly a good turn of events for their franchise.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I don't really care how the trade worked out from the Jags perspective, but I don't think there is any doubt that it worked out well from the Rams perspective. Ramsey made an immediate impact when he got here and was a big improvement over the guy her replaced, Marcus Peters. But more than that, he built on a solid start with us in 2019 to have a ridiculously good 2020 season. I was very excited when we got him about putting a D on the field that had AD on the front end and JR on the back end, and it was worked out as good as I could have possibly hoped.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think we are years away from knowing. Right now the rams have arguably the best cb in the league and the jags have potential

Corbin

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK!!
Kinda do of to soon to tell but I’m thinking this trade will work out for both teams in the long run. Purging the Kags of the staff that didn’t work was the biggest thing. I think have competent people now to at least be average if no better. In that division you should be at least average year to year compared to the others.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ramsey coaching up and teaching the younger guys, who saw that coming? I personally thought he would be a distraction, given how sour he was with the Jags front office (I'm speaking directly about you Thomas Richard Coughlin). And, just to see him in these beautiful Rams horns and physically lay the wood(and I mean clobber) to that arrogant Rusted Taint, that alone, was worth the trade.

dang

Legend
Next up a franchise LOT. Solidify that OL. The Rams are officially open for business.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Saying this trade was good for the Jags is like saying it's a good thing we drafted GRob, or Tavon - it ultimately led to the hiring of McVay.

Even if Etienne becomes a top RB, the value of a RB vs a CB is too big a gap. They need Chaisson to be good and it was not a good start for him last year. Remains to be seen but right now they have A LOT of ground to make up.

The only thing that saves them is that Ramsey wanted out - so they had to trade him. They didn't really have another option.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Saying this trade was good for the Jags is like saying it's a good thing we drafted GRob, or Tavon - it ultimately led to the hiring of McVay.

That was some 4D chess moves by the Rams? How did they know Mcvay would be ready just when the fisher experiment finally crashed and burned?

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Sometimes you have to tear down something to rebuild it up properly. Yes they put up with some shit football but the guy(s) responsible are gone and they appear to be headed in the right direction. I don't know any Jags fans that are going to be upset at their current direction. They may not be winning but compared to where they were 2 or 3 years ago this is clearly a good turn of events for their franchise.
Yes, of course I agree that "overall" the Jags are in decent shape now that they've won the Trevor Lawrence lottery.

What I don't quite agree with is the wording of your implication that "both sides won in the Jalen Ramsey trade." Usually when ppl take about a trade that's a "win/win", it means that both sides benefitted from the trade itself-- not that one side screwed up so bad that they got a bailout later.

Like, I wouldn't agree if someone were to say that "the Rams benefitted from drafting Lawrence Phillips" because it set the franchise back and forced the Rams to hire Vermeil and trade for Marshall. Yes, destiny was kind to the Rams in 1999, but I'd never say it was a "good thing" that they drafted Phillips.

As I say, yes, I agree with your overall point that both franchises are now heading in the right direction. But the Rams are doing well because they pulled off a great trade. The Jags are now looking up because their stupid decisions resulted in them getting "a bailout" with the #1 pick.

As I say, I agree with your overall point, I just quibble with some of the wording to describe the trade. No biggie, cheers!

TexasRam

Legend
We won that trade. It's one I give Snead and Co. credit for. Ramsey's ability to shut down one side of the field and the #1 WR's week in and week out is worth the value of more than one elite player. Even just what he does in our division shutting down D.K. and Hopkins makes it all worth it. We will have to wait and see on the other trade where we shipped off 1st rounders. But the Ramsey deal is a slam dunk based on the incredible impact he is making.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The best trades are the ones where both sides win. This is clearly one of those

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

What I don't quite agree with is the wording of your implication that "both sides won in the Jalen Ramsey trade."
I did say the Rams won the trade however you won't find a Jags fan anywhere that isn't happy with where their team is. The Ramsey trade helped them to lose games taking away their best defensive player. Doing that trade helped them to land their franchise QB and what some are calling one of the best QB prospects ever along with Elway and Luck.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
This is the type of trade where I don't mind giving up multiple 1st rounders - where we get back a young, proven player in his own right, who plays a position of great importance, and is an elite talent. Thrilled to have Ramsey.