The "Fuck Vinobitch" Mock Offseason.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Yeah, this is a "just-in-case" mock, but might as well do one because I haven't in a while. Ready? Here goes:

Re-sign:

Cory Littleton - four years
Dante Fowler - four years
Kevin Peterson - ERFA
Blake Countess - RFA
Morgan Fox - RFA
JoJo Natson - ERFA
Dominique Hatfield - ERFA
KhaDarel Hodge - ERFA
Malcolm Brown - RFA

(Littleton and Fowler are obvious re-signings, as they totally changed the defense. Brown is an obvious keeper. Peterson, I think, deserves a chance. I don't like Countess' penalties, but he's cheap and a RFA, so he stays. Hatfield shouldn't be starting, but he's depth, so he stays. Fox was injured last year, but should be fully healthy this year, and provides depth. Hodge and Natson provide valuable roles on special teams, so they stay.)

Release:

Rodger Saffold
Ndamukong Suh
Lamarcus Joyner
C.J. Anderson
Dominique Easley
Matt Longacre
Ethan Westbrooks
Sam Shields
Bryce Hager
Ramik Wilson
Sean Mannion
Troy Hill
Garrett Sickels

(I hate losing Saffold, but a lineman over thirty with his injury history shouldn't get a long-term deal. Anderson is another guy I hate to lose, but he'll be looking - and probably will get - a starting job next year. Suh and Joyner make too much money for what they've provided. Easley has injury issues, Longacre has been ineffective, and Westbrooks might look for a starting job. Shields is old for a cornerback, Hager and Wilson are nothing special and should be replaced. Mannion isn't the answer at backup quarterback. Sickels is an ERFA, but has been injured and on the practice squad the last few years. I don't know if Hill is a free agent or not, but I'm planning on revamping the secondary anyway, so he goes.)

TRADE:

Marcus Peters and 2020 third to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers for a 2019 second round pick.

(The Bucs desperately need help at corner. Vernon Hargreaves looks like a bust, and they don't have anyone else who can play at a high level. Peters changes that.)

Mark Barron to the Cincinnati Bengals for a 2019 third round pick.

(The Bengals don't have anything at linebacker aside from Vontaze Burfict, and they might grow tired of his cheap shots under Zac Taylor. Burfict also has a concussion history, and Barron's familiarity under Taylor might be just what the Bengals need.)

Draft:

1st round pick - Jeffery Simmons, NT, Mississippi State.

(One of the most dominant players in college football last year, jrry was the one who made me keep an eye on him. He was simply unblockable at times, and although he didn't put up the stats you want to see, you could see the impact he made. Simmons did hit a woman in high school, but unlike with Joe Mixon, he has owned up to his mistake, which makes me want to give him a second chance.)

2nd round pick (Buccaneers) - Nasir Adderley, FS, Delaware.

(Adderley is probably the best safety in this draft. The only reason he falls is because he's undersized and has a small frame. I know, the last small safety we took was Joyner, but Adderley has far more range and much better ball skills.)

3rd round pick (Bengals) - Chris Lindstrom, OG, Boston College.

(Here's our Saffold replacement. Lindstrom has been a solid player at Boston College, and he's just as much of an athlete that Saffold was, except with less weight (although he could definitely put on ten more pounds in an NFL training program) and no injuries.)

3rd round pick - Germaine Pratt, ILB, North Carolina State.

(Pratt is a solid inside linebacker who should compliment Littleton. He's much bigger at 6'3", 245 lbs., and he has the run-stopping skills you'd expect from a man his size. He's also solid, if unspectacular, in pass-coverage. Overall, he's the type of player you need to win.

3rd round pick (Tru/Watkins compensatory pick) - Chase Winovich, OLB, Michigan.

Here's an outside linebacker to compliment our current corps. Fowler, Ebukam, and Okoronkwo are good, but Winovich adds the endless Energizer bunny motor that you see from guys like Chris Long and Clay Matthews. He's an underrated athlete, but the motor is what will get him drafted highly.

4th round pick - Joejuan Williams, CB, Vanderbilt.

Williams is a huge cornerback at 6'3", 210 lbs., and he plays like it. He's a physical press-man corner, who should be a fit in our system, and he reminds me of Brandon Browner.

5th round - Rock Ya-Sin, CB, Temple.

Ya-Sin is another bigger cornerback (6'2", 190 lbs.), but he's unfortunately not all that physical. He'll stick his neck into a tackle if he has to, but I was disappointed with his lack of physicality in the run game. The pass-game, however, contains no such thing. He's a physical press-man cornerback, has amazing ball skills, and will get a lot of pass-deflections and interceptions with his instincts.)

6th round - Hamp Cheevers, CB, Boston College.

(A small cornerback (5'10", 180 lbs.) who led the NCAA in interceptions his junior year with seven. He's a slot cornerback, through and through, but he should be a solid special teams player his first year before possibly replacing NRC his second year.)

7th round (Cody Davis compensatory pick) - Sean Krepsz, OG/OC, Nevada.

(Krepsz is a big center at 6'5", 323 lbs. He's got solid mobility, but it shouldn't be surprising that his run-blocking is far ahead of his pass protection at this point. He's got a solid mean streak, and he should be a solid developmental prospect for Kromer.)

-

So, that's my offseason. I've decided to revamp the secondary, and while guys like Talib, Johnson, and NRC should be starters next year, Adderley, Williams, Ya-Sin, and Cheevers should play solid roles. Winovich and Pratt are much needed linebackers (while guys like Micah Kiser and Travin Howard should compete for roles on the inside, while others such as Trevon Young and Justin Lawler should compete for the final OLB role), while Simmons is the pass-rusher next to Donald that we absolutely need. Lindstrom will probably compete with Noteboom for the starting left guard spot. Krepsz, Allen, and Demby are much needed depth for our older offensive linemen.

Thoughts, comments, and critiques are all welcome.

Last edited:

Petrowsky

Rookie
Name
Petrowsky
Yeah, this is a "just-in-case" mock, but might as well do one because I haven't in a while. Ready? Here goes:

Re-sign:

Cory Littleton - four years
Dante Fowler - four years
Kevin Peterson - ERFA
Blake Countess - RFA
Morgan Fox - RFA
JoJo Natson - ERFA
Dominique Hatfield - ERFA
KhaDarel Hodge - ERFA
Malcolm Brown - RFA

(Littleton and Fowler are obvious re-signings, as they totally changed the defense. Brown is an obvious keeper. Peterson, I think, deserves a chance. I don't like Countess' penalties, but he's cheap and a RFA, so he stays. Hatfield shouldn't be starting, but he's depth, so he stays. Fox was injured last year, but should be fully healthy this year, and provides depth. Hodge and Natson provide valuable roles on special teams, so they stay.)

Release:

Rodger Saffold
Ndamukong Suh
Lamarcus Joyner
C.J. Anderson
Dominique Easley
Matt Longacre
Ethan Westbrooks
Sam Shields
Bryce Hager
Ramik Wilson
Sean Mannion
Troy Hill
Garrett Sickels

(I hate losing Saffold, but a lineman over thirty with his injury history shouldn't get a long-term deal. Anderson is another guy I hate to lose, but he'll be looking - and probably will get - a starting job next year. Suh and Joyner make too much money for what they've provided. Easley has injury issues, Longacre has been ineffective, and Westbrooks might look for a starting job. Shields is old for a cornerback, Hager and Wilson are nothing special and should be replaced. Mannion isn't the answer at backup quarterback. Sickels is an ERFA, but has been injured and on the practice squad the last few years. I don't know if Hill is a free agent or not, but I'm planning on revamping the secondary anyway, so he goes.)

TRADE:

Marcus Peters and 2020 third to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers for a 2019 second round pick.

(The Bucs desperately need help at corner. Vernon Hargreaves looks like a bust, and they don't have anyone else who can play at a high level. Peters changes that.)

Mark Barron to the Cincinnati Bengals for a 2019 third round pick.

(The Bengals don't have anything at linebacker aside from Vontaze Burfict, and they might grow tired of his cheap shots under Zac Taylor. Burfict also has a concussion history, and Barron's familiarity under Taylor might be just what the Bengals need.)

Draft:

1st round pick - Jeffery Simmons, NT, Mississippi State.

(One of the most dominant players in college football last year, jrry was the one who made me keep an eye on him. He was simply unblockable at times, and although he didn't put up the stats you want to see, you could see the impact he made. Simmons did hit a woman in high school, but unlike with Joe Mixon, he has owned up to his mistake, which makes me want to give him a second chance.)

2nd round pick (Buccaneers) - Nasir Adderley, FS, Delaware.

(Adderley is probably the best safety in this draft. The only reason he falls is because he's undersized and has a small frame. I know, the last small safety we took was Joyner, but Adderley has far more range and much better ball skills.)

3rd round pick (Bengals) - Chris Lindstrom, OG, Boston College.

(Here's our Saffold replacement. Lindstrom has been a solid player at Boston College, and he's just as much of an athlete that Saffold was, except with less weight (although he could definitely put on ten more pounds in an NFL training program) and no injuries.)

3rd round pick - Germaine Pratt, ILB, North Carolina State.

(Pratt is a solid inside linebacker who should compliment Littleton. He's much bigger at 6'3", 245 lbs., and he has the run-stopping skills you'd expect from a man his size. He's also solid, if unspectacular, in pass-coverage. Overall, he's the type of player you need to win.

3rd round pick (Tru/Watkins compensatory pick) - Chase Winovich, OLB, Michigan.

Here's an outside linebacker to compliment our current corps. Fowler, Ebukam, and Okoronkwo are good, but Winovich adds the endless Energizer bunny motor that you see from guys like Chris Long and Clay Matthews. He's an underrated athlete, but the motor is what will get him drafted highly.

4th round pick - Joejuan Williams, CB, Vanderbilt.

Williams is a huge cornerback at 6'3", 210 lbs., and he plays like it. He's a physical press-man corner, who should be a fit in our system, and he reminds me of Brandon Browner.

5th round - Rock Ya-Sin, CB, Temple.

Ya-Sin is another bigger cornerback (6'2", 190 lbs.), but he's unfortunately not all that physical. He'll stick his neck into a tackle if he has to, but I was disappointed with his lack of physicality in the run game. The pass-game, however, contains no such thing. He's a physical press-man cornerback, has amazing ball skills, and will get a lot of pass-deflections and interceptions with his instincts.)

6th round - Hamp Cheevers, CB, Boston College.

(A small cornerback (5'10", 180 lbs.) who led the NCAA in interceptions his junior year with seven. He's a slot cornerback, through and through, but he should be a solid special teams player his first year before possibly replacing NRC his second year.)

7th round (Cody Davis compensatory pick) - Sean Krepsz, OG/OC, Nevada.

(Krepsz is a big center at 6'5", 323 lbs. He's got solid mobility, but it shouldn't be surprising that his run-blocking is far ahead of his pass protection at this point. He's got a solid mean streak, and he should be a solid developmental prospect for Kromer.)

-

So, that's my offseason. I've decided to revamp the secondary, and while guys like Talib, Johnson, and NRC should be starters next year, Adderley, Williams, Ya-Sin, and Cheevers should play solid roles. Winovich and Pratt are much needed linebackers (while guys like Micah Kiser and Travin Howard should compete for roles on the inside, while others such as Trevon Young and Justin Lawler should compete for the final OLB role), while Simmons is the pass-rusher next to Donald that we absolutely need. Lindstrom will probably compete with Noteboom for the starting left guard spot. Krepsz, Allen, and Demby are much needed depth for our older offensive linemen.

Thoughts, comments, and critiques are all welcome.

2 things: I think Rodger Saffold should be retained. I know he is getting older but he has been a huge part of the OL's success. I know he has had some injuries but he has been pretty healthy for the last 3 seasons. The OL is going to have to replace Whitworth and Sullivan very soon. I don't want to have to replace Saffold as well. It sounds like he really wants to stay with the Rams, and I feel confident he would take a discount to make that happen. Also, I don't think anybody is going to offer a 3rd round pick for Barron. He's going to be 30 near the start of the year with a $9 million cap hit over the next two seasons. I think the Rams would be able to get a 4th, but I think a 3rd is a bit steep. Maybe if he played like he did in 2017 I could see them getting a 3rd, but even then I think the Rams would be hard pressed to receive a 3rd.

Memphis Ram

Legend
IMO, the Rams would be lucky to get a 6th round pick for Mark Barron.

I question if Jeffrey Simmons will even be on the Rams draft board.

And, to date, I find it highly unlikely that Germaine Pratt & Rock Ya-Sin get out of the first couple of rounds.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
2 things: I think Rodger Saffold should be retained. I know he is getting older but he has been a huge part of the OL's success. I know he has had some injuries but he has been pretty healthy for the last 3 seasons. The OL is going to have to replace Whitworth and Sullivan very soon. I don't want to have to replace Saffold as well. It sounds like he really wants to stay with the Rams, and I feel confident he would take a discount to make that happen. Also, I don't think anybody is going to offer a 3rd round pick for Barron. He's going to be 30 near the start of the year with a $9 million cap hit over the next two seasons. I think the Rams would be able to get a 4th, but I think a 3rd is a bit steep. Maybe if he played like he did in 2017 I could see them getting a 3rd, but even then I think the Rams would be hard pressed to receive a 3rd.

Saffold has definitely been a huge part of our success. That's a fact. He's also thirty-one with a history of injuries. That's another fact. I think that it would be better to find a good offensive lineman in the draft to help replace Saffold.

I will concede your point about Barron, though.

I see what you did there.

Heh. Yeah, his name is similar, but that's it. He destroyed Notre Dame's offensive line.

IMO, the Rams would be lucky to get a 6th round pick for Mark Barron.

I question if Jeffrey Simmons will even be on the Rams draft board.

And, to date, I find it highly unlikely that Germaine Pratt & Rock Ya-Sin get out of the first couple of rounds.

I think that Simmons will definitely be on the Rams radar. Like I mentioned, his off-the-field issue was in high school, and he's grown from it. And he's a dominant interior lineman, probably the second best only to Quinnen Williams.

I will concede your point about Barron. I will also concede your point about Pratt, but not Ya-Sin. Ya-Sin is not a physical cornerback in the run game, and that will hurt his stock. Ya-Sin will be lucky to make it to the second day, as it stands. The Combine should prove to be interesting.