The Fans

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I've always wondered, do the players, coaches and FO really understand what the team means to its die hard fans?

We have many here, including myself, that have a special place in their heart for this team. We don't just watch on Sundays, we are here year round, we study players before the draft, we have guys who understand the Cap better than some guys in the league I believe. We watch the combine, we talk free agency.

When this team loses, we aren't just "oh well, get them next week", we are pissed off, it ruins our day, our week. We get happy, sad, and angry every week for those 16 weeks, during the playoffs, well found it's been a while, but that's when the heart attacks come lol. Anyway, my point is this, this team means the absolute world to so many of us, it often seems that we care more than some players and coaches.

Do you feel that players and coaches are just good at setting aside the emotion? Does it often come out in the locker room? And as I asked, do the fans truly matter? I know some care more than others, but in your experience, after a loss, you feel bad for yourself and your teammates....does anyone feel bad for the fans?

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I typed all that with my phone so if it tends to trail, don't judge me lol I can see it all.

Losing is bad for everyone. While the fans are very important to the team I think sometimes fans don't realise that we are the ones that busted our tails all week and then went out there and played through physical and mental pain and fatigue and didn't have success. Our weeks aren't good when we lose and we don't like losing and we don't put in all of the work that we do to lose. Trust me when I say losses are harder on the players than they are on the fans.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I like hearing this.

Sometimes... we as fans tend to think about "us". But the players have answering to do. I'm sure it's a grind for them.