The Draft/FA and the Whiners

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Alan

Legend
When we talk about the Rams making some bad decisions in both the draft and FA we should compare ourselves to the Bucs. We'll always look good.:ROFLMAO:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-show-for-a-huge-investment-in-the-secondary/
"Bucs have nothing to show for a huge investment in the secondary
No NFL team has invested so much in its secondary, with so little results, as the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Friday’s trade of safety Dashon Goldson became the third time the Bucs have cut bait on a secondary player who had been an enormous investment for the Buccaneers. The Bucs signed Goldson to a huge contract two years ago, only to trade him to Washington for the paltry compensation of swapping a seventh-round pick for a sixth-round in the 2016 draft. The Bucs have already paid Goldson $18 million and still have to pay him another $4 million this year, even though he’s not on the team anymore.

The Bucs also traded their 2013 first-round pick and 2014 fourth-round pick to the Jets for Darrelle Revis, paid Revis $16 million, and got one season of work out of him. After spending last season with the Patriots, Revis is back with the Jets.

And the Bucs used the seventh overall pick in the 2012 draft on safety Mark Barron, who lasted two seasons in Tampa Bay before the Bucs traded him to St. Louis for a fourth-round pick and a sixth-round pick. The Bucs paid Barron more than $10 million before getting rid of him.

Add it all up, and the Bucs used two first-round picks and a fourth-round pick, and spent nearly $50 million, for three players in the secondary. Devote those resources to one position group, and you should end up with the best secondary in the NFL. Instead, they’re all gone."

Sounds good to me! :LOL: People complain about Kroenke?:rolleyes:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-fans-should-scrutinize-the-49ers-management/
"Jeff Garcia thinks fans should scrutinize the 49ers’ management
Former 49ers quarterback Jeff Garcia thinks San Francisco fans have every right to be skeptical of management’s decision to get rid of coach Jim Harbaugh.

“As a fan you have to really look at the management of the organization and the decisions that they’ve made for that team,” Garcia told the Times-Standard. “Sometimes what I see . . . is you have a lot of personnel that are in positions of power that don’t have real football backgrounds. I’m not saying that’s Trent Baalke, but I’d like to see what his background is, and what gives him the true power to make those sort of decisions. . . . We know that Jed York never played football.”

Garcia said the decision of York and Baalke to fire Harbaugh reminds him of his own playing days, when York’s father and then-General Manager Terry Donahue decided to fire Steve Mariucci after a 10-6 season. That turned out to be a disaster, as the 49ers wouldn’t have a winning record for the next eight years — until they hired Harbaugh.

“Trent Baalke and Jed York together, teaming up against Harbaugh,” Garcia said. “At my time it was Mariucci against Terry Donahue and Dr. York. For whatever reason they let Steve go, they brought in Dennis Erickson . . . and two years later they’re getting rid of Dennis and going on to a number of different head coaches, a number of different changes. None of those worked out until Harbaugh was brought into the program.”

San Francisco fans have every reason to worry that under Baalke and York’s leadership, the 49ers are heading toward another eight-year stretch without a winning record."

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Tampa: ouch! That's bad management there.

49'ers: This reminds me of the Jay Zygmunt era in St. Louis. The wrong guys making decisions for the wrong reasons. That team, assuming they don't win early, will destroy itself from the inside. You can see it coming.

SierraRam

Recreational User
Tampa: ouch! That's bad management there.

49'ers: This reminds me of the Jay Zygmunt era in St. Louis. The wrong guys making decisions for the wrong reasons. That team, assuming they don't win early, will destroy itself from the inside. You can see it coming.

Scandals, arrests, retirements... I hate to say it, but Harbaugh was a great coach for them. That was a huge loss, too. The consensus here on the left coast is the GM is nuts, and all of my spoiled, cocky, 49er 'faithful' co-workers are in full panic mode. Happy days!
upload_2015-4-4_7-19-30.jpeg
images

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
Hahaha yep Garcia is the ultimate Whiner bandwagoner example. It's been deemed "safe" to criticize the 49ers now, so all the good little riders of the winning bandwagon now ride the bandwagon of criticism (just another form of winning for them). Because nobody will dare follow up his Mariucci comment by noting "Yeah, too bad the 49ers didn't keep Mariucci to enjoy all those great winning seasons the Lions got with him as coach."

Any time you hear a Whiner fan/media source scoring cheap points with snarky comments about the "new regime", make sure you understand that most of it is butt-hurt hero worship over overrated idiots like Mariucci and Harbaugh, and much less about the current 49ers.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Hahaha yep Garcia is the ultimate Whiner bandwagoner example. It's been deemed "safe" to criticize the 49ers now, so all the good little riders of the winning bandwagon now ride the bandwagon of criticism (just another form of winning for them). Because nobody will dare follow up his Mariucci comment by noting "Yeah, too bad the 49ers didn't keep Mariucci to enjoy all those great winning seasons the Lions got with him as coach."

Any time you hear a Whiner fan/media source scoring cheap points with snarky comments about the "new regime", make sure you understand that most of it is butt-hurt hero worship over overrated idiots like Mariucci and Harbaugh, and much less about the current 49ers.

Whatever way you see it.. I agree with Garcia. York and Baalke look like idiots, especially when you examine what the roster has become.

In the end it is all about egos. Too many big egos vying for control is a recipe for disaster. York and Baalke got the yes man they so desired and most likely will come to fire one day. I won't complain.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
When we talk about the Rams making some bad decisions in both the draft and FA we should compare ourselves to the Bucs. We'll always look good.:ROFLMAO:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-show-for-a-huge-investment-in-the-secondary/
"Bucs have nothing to show for a huge investment in the secondary

No NFL team has invested so much in its secondary, with so little results, as the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Friday’s trade of safety Dashon Goldson became the third time the Bucs have cut bait on a secondary player who had been an enormous investment for the Buccaneers. The Bucs signed Goldson to a huge contract two years ago, only to trade him to Washington for the paltry compensation of swapping a seventh-round pick for a sixth-round in the 2016 draft. The Bucs have already paid Goldson $18 million and still have to pay him another $4 million this year, even though he’s not on the team anymore.

The Bucs also traded their 2013 first-round pick and 2014 fourth-round pick to the Jets for Darrelle Revis, paid Revis $16 million, and got one season of work out of him. After spending last season with the Patriots, Revis is back with the Jets.

And the Bucs used the seventh overall pick in the 2012 draft on safety Mark Barron, who lasted two seasons in Tampa Bay before the Bucs traded him to St. Louis for a fourth-round pick and a sixth-round pick. The Bucs paid Barron more than $10 million before getting rid of him.

Add it all up, and the Bucs used two first-round picks and a fourth-round pick, and spent nearly $50 million, for three players in the secondary. Devote those resources to one position group, and you should end up with the best secondary in the NFL. Instead, they’re all gone."

Sounds good to me! :LOL: People complain about Kroenke?:rolleyes:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-fans-should-scrutinize-the-49ers-management/
"Jeff Garcia thinks fans should scrutinize the 49ers’ management
Former 49ers quarterback Jeff Garcia thinks San Francisco fans have every right to be skeptical of management’s decision to get rid of coach Jim Harbaugh.

“As a fan you have to really look at the management of the organization and the decisions that they’ve made for that team,” Garcia told the Times-Standard. “Sometimes what I see . . . is you have a lot of personnel that are in positions of power that don’t have real football backgrounds. I’m not saying that’s Trent Baalke, but I’d like to see what his background is, and what gives him the true power to make those sort of decisions. . . . We know that Jed York never played football.”

Garcia said the decision of York and Baalke to fire Harbaugh reminds him of his own playing days, when York’s father and then-General Manager Terry Donahue decided to fire Steve Mariucci after a 10-6 season. That turned out to be a disaster, as the 49ers wouldn’t have a winning record for the next eight years — until they hired Harbaugh.

“Trent Baalke and Jed York together, teaming up against Harbaugh,” Garcia said. “At my time it was Mariucci against Terry Donahue and Dr. York. For whatever reason they let Steve go, they brought in Dennis Erickson . . . and two years later they’re getting rid of Dennis and going on to a number of different head coaches, a number of different changes. None of those worked out until Harbaugh was brought into the program.”

San Francisco fans have every reason to worry that under Baalke and York’s leadership, the 49ers are heading toward another eight-year stretch without a winning record."

Breaks my heart. LOL
I too am Shattered by this situation!!

Hacksaw

ROCK HARD STUD
My favorite team besides the Rams is any team lining up against the 49ers. It seems they are lining up against themselves right now, so their front office is currently my 2nd favorite team.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
It's more fun to beat the Whiners when they're supposed to be good, but I can live with schadenfreude :ROFLMAO:

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
Here are their starters that are gone from 2014:

RB: Gore
WR: Johnson, Crabtree (soon)
LG: Iupati

DE: McDonald (cut), Smith (likely retiring)
LB: Willis (retired), Borland (retired)
CB: Culliver

Not to mention the key losses of Harbaugh, Roman, and Fangio. Its difficult for ANY team to recover from losing 8 key starters and I can't help but feel sor....:LOL: