The Chiefs have taken a bit of a beating

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Every year is a new year...

The Chiefs have lost 4 really nice players in the last 6 months; Kareem Hunt, Justin Houston, Eric Berry, and Tyreek Hill (appears on the ropes).

Granted, one could argue they lost Berry and Houston off an already lousy defense. But, losing those guys feels like swimming against the current.

I don’t know... thought I’d see what you guys think. That feels like really big blows to them.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
As long as they have Mahomes, they are just fine.
That kid is flat out special. And combined with an offensive guru like Reid? It’s a lethal combo.
Reminds me of a team out on the West coast who have Horns on their helmets

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
The games they lost, including the playoffs, was due to their poor defense, and losing those players only makes it worse. We’ll have to wait and see if they make any changes to their defense, but as it sits right now, they’re asking way too much of Mahomes.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The games they lost, including the playoffs, was due to their poor defense, and losing those players only makes it worse. We’ll have to wait and see if they make any changes to their defense, but as it sits right now, they’re asking way too much of Mahomes.
It’s not like Mahomes is anyone that transcendent like the Goff-inator.:boxing:

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
As long as they have Mahomes, they are just fine.
That kid is flat out special. And combined with an offensive guru like Reid? It’s a lethal combo.
Reminds me of a team out on the West coast who have Horns on their helmets
All of that is good enough to net them 12 to 13 regular season wins, a continued hype train and division titles...but they aren't getting to the big game unless they figure out how to get crucial stops when they need them.

The offseason isn't over so it'll be interesting to see what they address in the draft.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If Tyreke Hill is done (and IMO he should be), that's not even a playoff team.

Mahomes can be the greatest, but we've seen how all time greats can miss the playoffs because of their supporting casts (Brees and Rodgers)

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
We’ll have to wait and see if they make any changes to their defense.
I'm sure they'll be fine. They got Spagnuolo and his difficult to understand two gap assignment defense. With the talent KC has on defense, they'll have no problems with implementing it like the 2009-11 St Louis Rams.

Ram65

Legend
Every year is a new year...

The Chiefs have lost 4 really nice players in the last 6 months; Kareem Hunt, Justin Houston, Eric Berry, and Tyreek Hill (appears on the ropes).

Granted, one could argue they lost Berry and Houston off an already lousy defense. But, losing those guys feels like swimming against the current.

I don’t know... thought I’d see what you guys think. That feels like really big blows to them.

Let's not forget they traded Dee Ford to the Whiners. I give an ouch for both teams.

Seems like they are falling apart.

Lunchbox

Starter
Name
LunchBox
If Tyreke Hill is done (and IMO he should be), that's not even a playoff team.

Mahomes can be the greatest, but we've seen how all time greats can miss the playoffs because of their supporting casts (Brees and Rodgers)

Add Russell Wilson in here also after the demise of the Legion of Boom. Although they're still dangerous enough to make the playoffs, they're no longer Super Bowl caliber if you ask me.

…..

Legend
I’m with @dieterbrock in that this Mahomes dude...he’s gonna carry that team for years to come. They are a contender right now even with the awful off season.

Tyreek is transcendent as well. I’m assuming he will there.

Thier TE is amazing

If Ried don’t address that defense, he needs his ass whooped

Window for them is opening and not closing imo

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
I’m with @dieterbrock in that this Mahomes dude...he’s gonna carry that team for years to come. They are a contender right now even with the awful off season.

Tyreek is transcendent as well. I’m assuming he will there.

Thier TE is amazing

If Ried don’t address that defense, he needs his ass whooped

@Dog I have to ask, where did you find your avatar? Cause DAMN!

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

The window was wide open last year. Losing Kareem Hunt AND Tyreek Hill (if that happens) will be a major blow to that offense. They are two of the best players in the NFL!!! I still think Mahomes can take then to the playoffs, but teams will double-team TE Kelsey and they won't score nearly as much or be half as exciting as they were last year.

Psycho_X

Legend
Hill is the only one they need to worry about. He’s unstoppable and the perfect pairing to how Mahomes plays. They are very in sync. That’ll be a huge blow if he’s done. Especially if Watkins continues his trend of always being injured off and on.

The others are nothing to worry about for them. Houston I wasn’t high on as a free agent and think the colts overpaid for but considering they had over $100 mil in cap space they could afford to throw dice on an aging vet. Berry is ok but their defense didn’t seem to improve when he was or wasn’t in the game.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Kareem hunt had 1327 yards his rookie year and 53 receptions for another 455 yards,11 touchdowns and 1 only 1 fumble. If I'm not mistaken, that fumble came on his very first touch. He also had 14 touchdowns last year before getting suspended. He reminds me of Gurley. Oh yeah, the Chiefs will miss him!

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Nobody is posting about who they have added....

1. Bashaud Breeland CB
  2. Tyrann Mathieu Safety
  3. Alex Okafor DE
  4. Damien Wilson OLB
  5. Carlos Hyde RB
Overall Mathieu replaces Berry, who the Chiefs felt was done. Breeland is an excellent addition along with Okafor and Hyde provides depth behind Damien Williams. If they lose Tyreek Hill, that will be devastating, but Patty Mahomes is the best Quarterback I've seen in many years and as long as Mahomes stays healthy, the Kansas City Chiefs will always have a chance.

We can knock Steve Spagnulolo all we want, but I do believe he's a major upgrade over Bob Sutton and the Chief defense will be far better and the AFC will come down to the Chiefs, Browns and The Soviet Union of Massachusetts in 2019.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Nobody is posting about who they have added....

1. Bashaud Breeland CB
  2. Tyrann Mathieu Safety
  3. Alex Okafor DE
  4. Damien Wilson OLB
  5. Carlos Hyde RB
Overall Mathieu replaces Berry, who the Chiefs felt was done. Breeland is an excellent addition along with Okafor and Hyde provides depth behind Damien Williams. If they lose Tyreek Hill, that will be devastating, but Patty Mahomes is the best Quarterback I've seen in many years and as long as Mahomes stays healthy, the Kansas City Chiefs will always have a chance.

We can knock Steve Spagnulolo all we want, but I do believe he's a major upgrade over Bob Sutton and the Chief defense will be far better and the AFC will come down to the Chiefs, Browns and The Soviet Union of Massachusetts in 2019.
Pretty much what I was thinking. We knock other team’s fans and reporters/bloggers for not knowing what our team is really doing. I think we are often guilty of the same.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
There are rumors that may have some truth to them that the Chiefs may be shopping him. If you recall the Chiefs took some heat when they drafted him because of what he did in college.

Without Hunt and Hill that offense will be top 10, maybe, but that's a far cry from what it was. And with that defense they could struggle to get 10 wins if they aren't kicking ass on O.

Scoring was down without Hunt a little. Without Hill as well that O is not going to be a high powered offense.